Fence guru
    Nov 2008

another squirrel question...

would starting @1206>bradley creek>laurel creek>squirell>south mills river be a good route (never ridden bradley creek)... oh and can some one teleport me from one end of 1206 to the other so I dont have to ride the fireroad for 10 miles ... I guess I will need 2 cars... shutlling squirell I know before anyone says it.. just seems so boring after all that fun

pronounced may-duh
    Don't take Bradley. It's got tons of deep water crossings. Like one after the other. More of a swim and less of a ride. There is a road that parallels Bradley called 5015. I'd suggest using the road.

I'm not sure why but I've typically done that route in reverse. Starting on 1206 at yellow gap to FS 476 > south mills river >Squirrel > Laurel Creek > FS 5015 back to yellow gap.

That climb up 5015 late in the day can be a crusher.

Fence guru
    Nov 2008
    south mills river is so fun going down it though ... maybe i should try it your direction- wondered why I had always taken 5015

Happy, in the woods.
    Nov 2008
    You've got other options than just pedaling the whole length of 1206. Why not throw in a Laurel mtn to pilor rock loop, or at least a pilot cove loop? That would totaly cut down on the gravel miles. just saying.
    Abba Zaba, you my only friend....

Fence guru
    Nov 2008
    If went Madia s way I could I would hate to go up pilot rock although I may not have enough time for that next Sunday

Official Cooler Inspector
    Considering how he makes his beer, I'd have second thoughts too... polyurethane does provide a nice taste, and the BKF whitens your teeth.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails another squirrel question...-chemicals_2010.jpg  

Crack myself up: "I wait till the opossum hits the deck water dish to call it a night."

Quote Originally Posted by supercusty
    If went Madia s way I could I would hate to go up pilot rock although I may not have enough time for that next Sunday
    Try this:

If you shuttle, start at Pink Beds and end up at Turkeypen.

If not, start at TP then SMR-Cantrell-Horse-Squirrel and back up the hill.

There are plenty of side loops either way to get any desired ride length.
    "The Ice Age is comin', the Sun's zoomin' in..."

-The Clash

pronounced may-duh
    Quote Originally Posted by M-U-M
    Considering how he makes his beer, I'd have second thoughts too... polyurethane does provide a nice taste, and the BKF whitens your teeth.

WOW! Spy photos of the inner sanctum (aka The Man Cave). Yes kiddos this is where the magic happens.

Big Mac
    Hand saws?