banjo plunker, wrench

9th Annual Pee Wee's Memorial Mountain Bike Festival!!!

On June 21rst, 2008 the 9th annual Pee Wee's Memorial Mountain Bike Festival will be held from 10 a.m. til ?

This year the festival will be scaled-back to a celebration among riders, the community of friends developed through the years, and all those who wish to honor the spirit of Harold "Pee Wee" Morrison and what he created in Lincolnton, N.C.

It's about more than a place to ride, a place to share fun memories, a place to conquer trail obstacles, and even more than the thrills, chills, and spills we take on the trails. It's about those things that bring us to the trails and keep us coming back for more!

So, this year's festival will be a true celebration of being part of a community of people who share all of these things, and wish to be together with friends, new faces, new friends, all sharing our love of mountain biking at Pee Wee's!

There will be fun events for the family and prizes to be given away. No competitions like usual, more fun for everyone! The admission will be $5.00 each person, additional raffle tickets can be purchased for more chances at prizes.

The dirt jumps will be "sessioned" all day! (waiver must be signed!)
    The stunts will be "sessioned" all day! (waiver must be signed!)
    The trails will be "ridden" all day long! (waiver must be signed!)
    Prizes will be given out during the day at various times! Raffle ticket(s) must be purchased to win prizes...
    Admission covers: meal of hotdog and hamburger and drink, and one raffle ticket!!!

After the festival ends....a very special concert will happen!!!

The local band

FAKE I.D.

will be playing for your enjoyment! You will be allowed to camp on the grounds after the concert...

Any questions???

Please email banjodawgcms@bellsouth.net or call

Clark's Bicycle Center (828)-624-0159

Thanks!

Mike Swanson
    event coordinator and land manager
    Pee Wee's Mountain Bike Park
    Lincolnton, N.C.

CAN YOU DIG IT??!!??!!!??
    Gonna be a blast !!!!!!
    "Why are you willing to take so much & leave others in need...just because you can?"

Hellion
    Jun 2006

!!!

Looking forward to it!!!11

Be there Sat and have fun, bring some friends, makes some friends, eat some food, buy some raffle tickets for chances on prizes, enjoy the trails, stunts, dirt jumps and the people. Don't forget to hang around for the live music w/Fake ID, a Sublime cover band. It will be a blast. I've been going for about 5 yrs now and it gets better every yr.

If I don't see you there, it's yer own fault.....
    "Why are you willing to take so much & leave others in need...just because you can?"

One more day and a wake up....then it's on, weather is gonna be great !!!!

Rain or shine - 10am Tomorrow Be There !!!!!

Hellion
    Jun 2006
    What a day!! Superfun time. Lots of riders, lots of jumps.
    Thanks to Swaneedog and the whole crew (who I mostly didn't meet) for organizing this event! Fantastic.

Let's see those pics & vids, whoever's got 'em!

Ben Goff posted a bunch on his Flickr account. I don't think I can embed them, but here's one of me. Last jump of the day: http://flickr.com/photos/photo-comma...7605762788889/

Quote Originally Posted by hardtales
    What a day!! Superfun time. Lots of riders, lots of jumps.
    Thanks to Swaneedog and the whole crew (who I mostly didn't meet) for organizing this event! Fantastic.

Let's see those pics & vids, whoever's got 'em!

Ben Goff posted a bunch on his Flickr account. I don't think I can embed them, but here's one of me. Last jump of the day: http://flickr.com/photos/photo-comma...7605762788889/
    Hey hardtales, did I meet you at th' sign in table ?? Festival was smallish in relation to past yrs, but never the less we had a good time.

Did you get to see this bike ?? Old School DH Klunker at PW's 08 Festival.

Hellion
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by man w/ one hand
    Hey hardtales, did I meet you at th' sign in table ??
    yep, ya did. Thx for the trail directions. Somehow, I got distracted by the big group of structures, and I didn't see any of the trail beyond that...! I hear that's the best part, too. I spent most of the day in the sun, on the DJs (when I wasn't busy fixing my pedal problems... broke not one but two Atomlab GIs. And not at the same time. wtf)

I did see that bike, pretty cool.

Looking forward to camping out next year. :-)