Thread: 49 forever

Official Cooler Inspector

49 forever

That does it!!! I was sorta proud to be approaching 52, disabled and still riding - till today.

http://assets.aarp.org/www.aarpmagaz...inwilliams.jpg

I give up. He's older and has a bigger bell...

mtbr member
    I don't get it.

What chu talkin bout girl?

Ride Instigator

Never too old for Rock and Roll....

....or rolling over rocks on bikes

I'm feeling kinda 29 right now. I was riding with 3 young'uns this morning, all 10 years (or more) my junior and I was running away from them all day long and they all lent excuses....

#1 Hasn't been riding much...busy with work and school
    #2 Riding a SS that's geared kinda high (36x16)
    #3 Riding a 40lb Bullit

Yup I'm feeling 29...til I get up and walk away this chair (ow owww ow). Aaah but it hurts sooo good .

I'l PM or email you 'bout next weekend...we're still on.

mtbr member
    those old dudes are wiley. you hafta be careful of those guys in their 40s and 50s, they have more to prove or something! experience probably helps too I suppose.

Ride Instigator
    Quote Originally Posted by plume
    those old dudes are wiley. you hafta be careful of those guys in their 40s and 50s, they have more to prove or something! experience probably helps too I suppose.
    Reeks of mid-life crisis ...but hey, I see no crisis at all...I'm having a BLAST

I'l admit, I'm by no means a speedster and the group of young'uns I usually ride with can run rings around me. The three dudes I was with all had valid reasons for being putzy and I was feeling especially good that day...especially when one of 'em said "geez, how many cups of coffee you have today?"

CAN YOU DIG IT??!!??!!!??
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricko
    ....or rolling over rocks on bikes

I'm feeling kinda 29 right now. I was riding with 3 young'uns this morning, all 10 years (or more) my junior and I was running away from them all day long and they all lent excuses....

#1 Hasn't been riding much...busy with work and school
    #2 Riding a SS that's geared kinda high (36x16)
    #3 Riding a 40lb Bullit

Yup I'm feeling 29...til I get up and walk away this chair (ow owww ow). Aaah but it hurts sooo good .

I'l PM or email you 'bout next weekend...we're still on.

I love th' look on their faces after I've schooled kid(s) that are literally half my age (44) and younger, on a bike that's 10-15 lbs heavier than theirs. I love it.
    "Why are you willing to take so much & leave others in need...just because you can?"

Quote Originally Posted by M-U-M
    That does it!!! I was sorta proud to be approaching 52, disabled and still riding - till today.

http://assets.aarp.org/www.aarpmagaz...inwilliams.jpg

I give up. He's older and has a bigger bell...

52 is the new 32. Really, how old do you "feel" when you are on your bike decending through the woods on sweet single track w/the wind in your hair & perma-grin from ear to ear? Younger than 32 I bet...I know I do. I have this pictured in my mind, everyone in th' nursing home is in wheelchairs or bed ridden, "EXCEPT" the ones that were avid bike riders up until they had to stop. They're the ones w/useable hips & legs to get them around.

You know Mork is an avid roadie...
    "Why are you willing to take so much & leave others in need...just because you can?"

aka greyranger

Ricko

just glad your out there with us, give you tons of credit. Come a long way since Plum Creek and a six pack.

Ride Instigator
    Quote Originally Posted by redranger
    just glad your out there with us, give you tons of credit. Come a long way since Plum Creek and a six pack.
    I cant believe I once thought those were "climbs" at Plum Creek...we've indeed come a loooong way .

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    While riding my bike with my father (75 yrs) a couple of months ago, he asked why I ride the hard trails that I ride. My answer was simple, it is the only thing that I know of that makes me (45 yrs old) laugh like I'm still 12. Ain't it great?!
    c

Kudzu
    39 (me) + Greens Lick + New Bike = feeling like a 14 yr old kid
    (minus the cards in the spokes)

1. I bought a new bike, I didnt need it, I just wanted it really really bad
    2. did a solo shake down run on Greens Lick
    3. discovered my new Reign is sticky (when I want it to) and FAST
    4. Perma Grinned all the way down & Yeehawed a few times

I cant wait to do all over again

Quote Originally Posted by Kudzu
    39 (me) + Greens Lick + New Bike = feeling like a 14 yr old kid
    (minus the cards in the spokes)

1. I bought a new bike, I didnt need it, I just wanted it really really bad
    2. did a solo shake down run on Greens Lick
    3. discovered my new Reign is sticky (when I want it to) and FAST
    4. Perma Grinned all the way down & Yeehawed a few times

I cant wait to do all over again

Now that's what bein' young is all about. I just pulled th' trigger on a new bike myself. A SC VPFree. I've sorta been waiting around for a few financial things to shake out & to see what the concensus was on them, so I ordered one a week ago. Now with SC who knows when it will come in...but I can't wait to rail it down some sweet, steep, fast, tech-nar stuff in Wilsons Creek so I can go back in time about 30 yrs.

Mmmm,hhmmmm

Ski during the off-season
    I had to laugh a few months ago when I was reviewing the results of the Norba results at Sugar Mountain, NC -- there was some folks in the 60 or 65 bracket racing down hill and they had some pretty decent times. Hope I am one of them in another 20 years...

Quote Originally Posted by journey
    I had to laugh a few months ago when I was reviewing the results of the Norba results at Sugar Mountain, NC -- there was some folks in the 60 or 65 bracket racing down hill and they had some pretty decent times. Hope I am one of them in another 20 years...

Hopefully by the time I'm in th' 60-65 bracket "I'll have grown enough sack to race dh".

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Oh, come on now, you don't look a day over 48. Sure was nice to talk to you and the G-man again. Hope to see you sometime in the near future.