Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    When did you get here?!?!

2006 DOUBLE DARE Oct 28-29

Ladies and Gentlemen,
    Pisgah Productions is proud to announce the 2nd running of the DOUBLE DARE. On Oct 28-29 teams of two riders will start at White Pines Group Camp and race to reach up to 10 checkpoints per day, two days in a row. Race will start at noon on Saturday with a cutoff of midnight. If a team arrives after midnight, they are DQ'd. Race resumes at 6AM Sunday with 10 new checkpoints and a final cutoff of 6PM.

TEAMS MUST HAVE AT LEAST ONE PMBAR FINISHER. In other words, pmbar is the qualifier for the team captain.

No entry fees. No prizes. 25 team (50 rider) limit. NO SOLO RACERS. no catagories. New this year: 'special tests'.

PMBAR Finishers, look for an email to hit your inbox in the next day or so. If you don't get an email then please contact me at pisgahproductions@hotmail.com if you want to race.

Eric Wever
    Pisgah Productions
    You can please some people sometimes but you can't please all the people all the time.
    ERIC'S RIDE LOG

Jackbooted Elitist Hipstr

2005 PMBAR Count?

Hey E,

So, ummm, does a 2005 PMBAR finish count? I can't help it if I'm such a hard man that I ripped my frame to pieces this year, now can I? These guns are a curse, I tell ya!

Sounds like a good time. Maybe all those special ed classes I took will pay off in the "special tests".
    Dirtbag since '89

Yes, the Death March or any year of the PMBAR will count.
    You can please some people sometimes but you can't please all the people all the time.
    ERIC'S RIDE LOG

Drinker w/ Riding Problem
    Do you need volunteers?

willing to help! email me if so

Official Cooler Inspector
    Muuuum... I thinks there's going to be some [SIZE="1"]fine print[/SIZE] involved.

Glad I don't race.

A few more details:

Teams in 'the running' can expect about 70 miles of riding with about 12000 feet of climbing each day.

There will be no ammenities other than water from a well and compost toilets at the campground. Bring your own food and everything else you may need.

There is a mandatory gear list which includes:
    1. (1)Disposable Camera. Bring your digital and use it if you like. However, you must also have a disposable for back-up.
    2. (1)Bike Lock. Let's just say there may be a time during the race that you may wish (need) to leave your trusty steed behind.
    3. (1)First Aid kit. w/ Ace bandage, gauze, tape, etc., enough stuff to stop yourself from bleeding to death out there.
    4. (2)Bike Lights front and (2)rear
    5. (2)Back-up light source
    6. (1)Water Filter or iodine
    7. (1)Lighter
    8. (1)Map and (1)Compass
    9. (2)Whistle
    10. (2)Rain Jacket (trash bags are not rain jackets)
    11. (2)long cycling tights or pants
    12. (2)min 100 wt. fleece or capaline long sleeve top.
    13. (2)Emergency Blanket
    ERIC'S RIDE LOG

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=pisgahproductions]A few more details:

11. (2)long cycling tights or pants

E- I'll ask the obligatory question that's bound to come up- will knee/leg warmers suffice?

Mike

Average Temps.etc.for Oct.

Date..Sunrise.....Sunset........Avg. High....Avg. Low...Mean....Rec. High.......Rec. Low
    27.....7:48 AM....6:41 PM......63F...........37F.........50F......77F (1963)....18F (1962)
    28.....7:49 AM....6:40 PM......62F...........37F.........50F......78F (1991)....22F (1976)
    29.....6:49 AM....5:40 PM......62F...........36F.........49F......74F (1950)....19F (1976)

I'd want tights after dark...
    ERIC'S RIDE LOG

Go make a difference
    WOOOOO-HOOOOOOO!!! Yippy Ky Yea! Oh wait, darn that's gonna be cold {shiver}. I better make sure my wingman doesn't leave me in the woods this time....I may need some extra body heat

Maybe I'll just be sure not to break my bike....yea, that's the ticket

I can't wait, Eric, thanks for letting us know!
    Charles Myrick
    33North Adventures | Owner
    Bike | Climb | Hike | Paddle
    New trips: Tibet & Bosnia!

The invite email to pmbar finishers is not even out yet and we've got 4 of 25 teams signed-up. If you want in, and you or your partner has finished the pmbar (or last years DD) then send me an email with your names asap.
    Eric
    pisgahproductions@hotmail.com
    ERIC'S RIDE LOG

Category Winner
    Damn you to hell, Eric.
    I have to scratch my head for awhile. I am not sure how burnt out I will be by then, but I am definitely thinking.
    WWW.TEAMDICKY.COM

I get paid 3 every time I post on MTBR.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by teamdicky
    Damn you to hell, Eric.
    I have to scratch my head for awhile. I am not sure how burnt out I will be by then, but I am definitely thinking.

I would have to second that. Sounds like cold pain. . ., I am down for pain but cold pain . . two days in a row. Yikes. I know . .. wimpy.

Category Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Singletrack Pig
    Hey E,

So, ummm, does a 2005 PMBAR finish count? I can't help it if I'm such a hard man that I ripped my frame to pieces this year, now can I? These guns are a curse, I tell ya!

Sounds like a good time. Maybe all those special ed classes I took will pay off in the "special tests".
    Maybe there should be a pre-race bike inspection to make sure nobody goes out with faulty (sh!tty) equipment.
    WWW.TEAMDICKY.COM

HA! I didn't notice that Daylight Saving Time ends at 2AM Oct 29th. Y'all will have 7 hours between cutoff and restart. I was confused there for a minute and thought maybe you'd be losing an hour... Maybe I'll make the start time 5AM on Sunday. You never know.
    ERIC'S RIDE LOG

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pisgahproductions
    HA! I didn't notice that Daylight Saving Time ends at 2AM Oct 29th. Y'all will have 7 hours between cutoff and restart. I was confused there for a minute and thought maybe you'd be losing an hour... Maybe I'll make the start time 5AM on Sunday. You never know.

That is surely to tricky and way too complicated for the simple mind of a mtn biker. . . especially mine.

Go make a difference
    Eric,
    So we're all clear on the mandatory gear...EACH rider is to have EACH item on the list in the correct quantity?? Or is it okay for the TEAM to have the list covered? For example, do I -- as an individual-- need (2) emergency blankets or just one? ( I know the answer, but someone out there doesn't!)

I'm just trying to save headaches at the check-in. Something tells me this year may not be as laid back as last and we may have a few more folks.....then again, we may scare everyone off! I mean, 70 miles of riding in Pisgah for one day can hurt a person, much less back to back days! Maybe that's why I broke the bike last year-- subconsciously I wasn't able to handle day 2.....interesting concept Geez, Pisgah really can over power a person!
    Charles Myrick
    33North Adventures | Owner
    Bike | Climb | Hike | Paddle
    New trips: Tibet & Bosnia!

The number (1), (2), indicates how many of the item the TEAM needs. If it rains, one jacket won't do two people any good.
    ERIC'S RIDE LOG

H8 H8 H8

Can't resist....

Maybe there should be a pre-race bike inspection to make sure nobody goes out with faulty (sh!tty) equipment.
    Ya' mean like a fork that doesn't move up and down?

ZB
    Yeah, it's strange. But oh well.

Category Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Broussard
    Ya' mean like a fork that doesn't move up and down?

ZB
    Har de har har.
    That mean you are in on this?
    The Wonderboy and I are itching for a SS showdown.
    WWW.TEAMDICKY.COM

Official Cooler Inspector
    Maybe I'll make the start time 5AM on Sunday. You never know.

[SIZE="3"]I knew it! The [/SIZE][SIZE="2"]fine print [/SIZE] [SIZE="3"]just got [/SIZE][SIZE="1"]smaller.[/SIZE]

Full length tights, sleep depravation - it can only get worse. The gals could rule this time. They're used to those kinds of conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by M-U-M
    it can only get worse.
    Yes, worse. The special tests will be very painful. There will be untold amounts of suffering, mental and physical challenges, random feats of strength, and maybe even nudity.
    ERIC'S RIDE LOG

H8 H8 H8

Showdown

Har de har har.
    That mean you are in on this?
    The Wonderboy and I are itching for a SS showdown.
    Oh, I'm all UP in it.

Partner is still up in the air, and may or may not be on an SS.
    My initial plans involve a superbadass teammate and a tow rope.

ZB
    Yeah, it's strange. But oh well.

I am the big German!

What if I haven't ridden the prerequisite rides?

Hey, I'm new to the area and probably because I don't know any better, I'm interested in this event. I haven't done the prerequisite rides (b/c I'm new to the area). So... are there any former riders that need a second rider?? I promise to be in shape and not to whine. Oh, and I know how to read a map. Please help me hurt myself.

Dan

Hey everybody!
    Just a quick update... I'll be posting the number of teams registered and other information about the 2006 DOUBLE DARE on the forum at www.pisgahproductions.com
    So far we have 6 of 25 teams registered. Find a team mate and register soon!
    ~E
    ERIC'S RIDE LOG

Goat of Legend
    So PP,
    I go to your site see no recent postings. The race all filled up? Just curious as who the compettition is. Can't let this thread die out so earley. Theres a few out there who've posted they're racing but I know a few are trying to remain all mysterious. Thats so 1995 .

Jeremy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast