mtbr member
    May 2004

xpost-Blackspire chain giude on a Norco Fluid

Has anyone installed a Blackspire BB-mount chain tensioner on their Norco Fluid or Fluid LT? I can get it on but I need two spacers on the drive side to stop the chain rubbing in the granny gear but then the drive-side/non drive-side spacing is quite uneven and chain line looks way off. So with this setup I effectively have three spacers on one side and none on the other. If I put another spacer on the non-drive side I am afraid there won't be enough spindle to make the non drive-side crank seat properly.

I have a Truvativ FireX crankset and BB. Would there be any difference with say a Shimano crankset and BB or would I have the same problem?

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I ride a Fluid set up with a Blackspire Stinger and Lite God on an XT crank/bb with external cups, I set mine up with one spacer on the non-drive bb cup, on the drive side I have the stinger and one spacer and the chainline's ok. hope this helps.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Thanks for the reply. I figured out what my problem was yesterday. I bought a new Blackspire 22 granny ring but it's XT specific The ring has an offset that was causing the chain to rub on the Stinger. I put the original granny back on for now and there is plenty of clearance.