Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Here's mine...

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Here is my 2006 Norco Fluid 3....Just switched to norco...I'll never go back!!! Ive never been happier with a bike than I am with this one!!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Who Rides A Norco?-wp_000049.jpg  

" I find your lack of faith disturbing"----Darth Vader

meow, meow.
    Spoony85, is that a coil u-turn Tora wound down to 85 mm? It looks really low for this frame.
    26" rigid SS 4130 BB7 nylon-flats ESI latex-tubes non-lubricated-8spd

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Yeah, Its the Tora 302. this pic was taken the day I bought the bike. I got it out to 130mm now. Its the first fork I've had that has that feature. I am really surprised by by it. I read some mixed reviews. But I have put it through the ringer and it has'nt skipped a beat.

If anyone has any recs about this bike for upgrades. I'll take em!
    " I find your lack of faith disturbing"----Darth Vader

meow, meow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoony85 View Post
    If anyone has any recs about this bike for upgrades. I'll take em!
    Well...

1. Those brakes look like Hayes Sole -- if that's the case then I'd swap them right out. If you don't ride this one below freezing temperatures, Shimano 775 are great candidates. By the way, front hose routing must go on the inside of lower leg, then attach to the arch and go looping freely to the lever (if your front brake lever is at the left side).

2. Better flat pedals are due. Take a look at Nuke Proof Electrons, for instance. Or consider clipless -- those Fluids like being run with clipless pedals.

3. I would consider the best, and properly built, wheelset you can afford. I suggest going for classic components with it. J-bend double-butted spokes, brass nipples, Mavic rims, Shimano hubs (centerlock is very nice, by the way). While you're at it, consider a 15 mm or 20 mm thru-axle fork. For instance, Manitou Minute forks are excellent and can be found very cheap (they use 4-bolt clamping of the axle, which is not the most convenient way to put the front wheel on/off; but totally worth living with that for price and performance).

4. Tune in the cockpit: stem and handlebar, lever positions, find your favorite grips (ODI Ruffian lock-ons are a good start).

5. Go for Shimano external crankset. SLX triples particularly rock.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Hello

I see You don't like hardtails
    Here is Mine new 2008 Rampage on U-turn
    Liitle short for me but realy grat bike after first ride
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Who Rides A Norco?-5882298100_93333f99da_b.jpg  

@adelorenzo
    Shinobi!

Clouds by Anthony DeLorenzo, on Flickr

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Well I have been riding my KHS xc504 for about 4 years now and though I liked the ride I was ready to get something new.

I walked into my local shop Joy Ride Bicycles and checked out a 2010 Fluid 3 and was instantly in love with the thing. I sold my KHS today and got myself the 10' Fluid and so far I am loving this ride! My KHS handled like a tank compared to this. Can't wait to hit up Cap Forest with this!

My new ride courtesy of a crappy cell phone pic:
    Last edited by OP4guy; 07-16-2011 at 10:19 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I've always loved Norco performance bikes. great rides everyone

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Riding a 2010 Norco Sasquatch. Not too bad, except for the fact that the trails I ride generally have a lot of roots. Full suspension would have been a wiser choice ;D

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Got an 01/02ish Bigfoot, seems to be a different spec to everything I find on the net, maybe we got them different in Australia. Had it since new and it's got a few old age issues but still trucking. Only thing I've done is swap the Hayes HMX1s out for some Juicy 3s.

Picking up a 2011 Range 2 next week.

inexperienced at large
    Apr 2011

Range 3

I love my Range 3 so much. When I first bought it, I knew I should probably just buy the frame and build it-but I was too impatient and just wanted a new ride. I got it and have been systematically upgrading it since the day I got it. It actually worked out well for me as the parts I take off it will go on another older bike I'd love to fix up.

I didn't like the saddle I originally got, so I got a Specialized Phenom and put it on day 1.

anyways, here's some pictures.

upgrades are as follows:
    Sram X0 drivetrain, got the whole thing. 26-39t with a 12-36t cassette.
    (anyone interested in X0, get an X9 R/D-it isn't really necessary; the shifters are where it is at)
    Straitline pedals, the ones now known as "Defacto" (they got the name when AMP came out)
    Shimano XTR M988/M985 Trail brakes, 180mm-F/r & 160mm R/r
    Chromag Fubar OSX bars, the 2012 model at 780mm
    ODI Rogue lock on grips-even got the unnecessary etched locks and then Twenty6 caps
    WTB Laserdisc Freeride front wheel with a budget Loco rear.
    Got a little variety of tires, Kenda Nevegal 2x2.35 and one 2.5 and two Maxxis DH Minion

bout it

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    2011 Norco Fluid SL

Elixir R brakes
    XT front derailleur and XTR in the back
    Fox RP23 rear shock
    Fox 32 FRLC Fit 150mm
    Sunline XC-One headset
    Shimano XT hubs
    WTB Bronson front and WTB Weirwolf rear
    Crank Bros Deus cranks
    DT X 430 wheels
    Kona Jack $hit pedals
    Weighs in at ~29 pounds

This pic is from its first run at Demo's Braille trail
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Who Rides A Norco?-resized.jpg  

inexperienced at large
    Apr 2011
    Beautiful dude! How are you liking it so far?

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ehigh View Post
    Beautiful dude! How are you liking it so far?
    I'm in love! It rides super smooth and it handled any drop/jump I threw at it. One of the better purchases I've made in awhile. Next time I'm coming down south we gotta ride! One thing I will change is the seat but other than that I am completely satisfied.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    I just bought a Norco Jubei 3. So far, I love it. Will post some pics when I am allowed...

inexperienced at large
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Motocrosser86 View Post
    I'm in love! It rides super smooth and it handled any drop/jump I threw at it. One of the better purchases I've made in awhile. Next time I'm coming down south we gotta ride! One thing I will change is the seat but other than that I am completely satisfied.
    Awesome, it is always a lot of fun to have a new toy. Still loving mine 6 months later and I am especially excited because there will soon be a multitrack freeride park constructed soon.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ehigh View Post
    Awesome, it is always a lot of fun to have a new toy. Still loving mine 6 months later and I am especially excited because there will soon be a multitrack freeride park constructed soon.
    How much freeriding do you do with it? I've taken mine on the hardest trails around here but I'm kinda nervous to hit big jumps/drops on it

inexperienced at large
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Motocrosser86 View Post
    How much freeriding do you do with it? I've taken mine on the hardest trails around here but I'm kinda nervous to hit big jumps/drops on it
    With my bike, I've done a few bigger stunts, but nothing to serious. To give some perspective, the biggest launch I've had is about 30 feet out and about 6 feet up. The biggest drop I've done dropped me a little more than six feet and the gap was 16 feet. I've done some decent gaps, hips, and other stunts on my bike and I'm sure I could push it further. I simply haven't had the chance to do a whole lot of serious freeriding around this area. Had a little fun up in Canada over the summer though.

When I rode the Fluid, the biggest stunt I did was probably a 10 foot clearance with 6 feet in vertical change. The jump sent me up 3 or 4 feet and then the landing was a step down which added another 2 or 3 feet. Even then, I could probably have pushed it further.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    2009 Sasquatch here. The more I ride it, the more I love it. I wouldn't mind a cromo frame, tho... It's quite stiff/harsh!

Mountain Bike addict

my 1999 Norco Nitro

Brake Levers Shimano Deore LX
    Brakeset Shimano Deore LX V-Brake brakes, Shimano Deore LX levers
    Rear Derailleur Shimano Deore XT
    Hubs Shimano Deore LX
    front fork marzocchi bomber z4
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Who Rides A Norco?-sam_2443.jpg  

Who Rides A Norco?-sam_2439.jpg  

Who Rides A Norco?-sam_2437.jpg  

Who Rides A Norco?-sam_2421.jpg  

Who Rides A Norco?-sam_2416.jpg  

meow, meow.
    Ah, bolt-up crowns and lower arches... :sigh: I want those features back, so that forks can be repaired and modified in more modular ways.

Mountain Bike addict

my 1999 Norco Nitro More Pictures!!!

my 1999 Norco Nitro More Pictures!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Who Rides A Norco?-sam_2444.jpg  

Who Rides A Norco?-sam_2443.jpg  

Who Rides A Norco?-sam_2438.jpg  

Who Rides A Norco?-sam_2432.jpg  

Who Rides A Norco?-sam_2421.jpg  

Who Rides A Norco?-sam_2418.jpg  

Who Rides A Norco?-sam_2412.jpg  

Who Rides A Norco?-sam_2402.jpg  

Who Rides A Norco?-sam_2397.jpg  

Who Rides A Norco?-sam_2396.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    here's mine. haven't rode much yet, but loving it so far : Norco Range

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    heres mine

Norco with Fox by The McCusker, on Flickr

Untitled by The McCusker, on Flickr

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    looking to buy a 06 norco 6. its has a small frame, im 5'9'', 180lbs, will this frame be too small for me? just wanna know b4 i buy it. thanks for all the help. be doing alot of freeriding....

inexperienced at large
    Apr 2011
    5'9" on a small? I wouldn't do that. I'm 6'3" on a XL

mtbr member
    Jun 2012

yup

nice.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

My Norco

2011 Shore 3 that I picked up last night!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Who Rides A Norco?-img_0420%5B1%5D.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    On Tuesday, I went out and hit Black Oak, and something felt a little off about the rear end of the bike. As I was cleaning and inspecting the bike, I found a crack in the seat tube running nearly 180 degrees around the tube, starting at the weld for the suspension pivot. Lean on the seat and the crack opens up.

Took it in to Bicycle World in Windsor - sure enough, it's a non crash damage crack. I go home and strip the bike and return the frame.

Thursday AM, the replacement frame is in. Norco couldn't find a medium Faze 3 so they sent me a Faze 1 instead.

And Friday I set a new PR on Black Oak: Black Oak Record June 15 RAW FOOTAGE [720P] - YouTube Strava Segment | Black Oak Time Trial

Now THAT is customer service. 48 hours from "It's broke!" to "It's fixed!"

DG
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Who Rides A Norco?-windsor-20120614-00093.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Last year I bought a 2010 Fluid 3 and though I love the bike, I wished for something with a little beefier component set. I had done some good upgrades to it and the last would be a new fork.

Well I walked into my LBS the other day (same place I bought my Fluid) and they had a 2010 LT 6.3 for a smoking deal. Sold my Fluid on craigslist in a matter of hours and went and picked up the LT. I kept my Havoc AM wheels from the Fluid but that was about it. Installed a FUNN Fatboy bar w/ Ruffians and now I just need to swap out a stem, seat post, install a bash guard and new set of Wellgo B-103 pedals and I'm done. Took it for it's maiden voyage today at lunch and love the way it handles.

Heading out to Capitol Forest this weekend for the Enduro too!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Who Rides A Norco?-norco.jpg  

fear this
    I've always been sort of a "must be handmade in my continent" kinda guy, but after building an '04 Sasquatch for urban assault and riding that to work for many years, followed by riding my friend's '08 Fluid (regular one) and being amazed by the climbing ability and dialed geometry, I eventually bought an '09 Fluid LT. I immediately swapped out the fork for a Lyrik U-Turn and dialed in the cockpit, but it's the best all around mountain bike I've ever ridden. I demoed a Knolly Endorphin before finally settling for the LT and haven't looked back.

Built up the '04 Sasquatch again for my wife and they're both beautifully designed bikes.
    Norco Fluid LT
    Devinci Ollie
    Commencal Meta HT AM chromoly

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I just recently bought my first decent Mtb. Its an 03 Norco charger. so for I have been nothing but happy with it!! Huge upgrade from previous bikes.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    decided on a 2011 norco charger (equal to the 2012 charger 6.1) yesterday aug 13

it was on sale, it was my size and it was the only one left. might've got lucky, just maybe. im a bit worried now since someone here reviewed the 2011 model and he said the bike fell apart within 6 months. i hope they are wrong

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Lots of nice bikes in here! Love seeing others still rockin hardtails, seems norco builds a solid bike. Im loving my new Bigfoot, but the front fork needs to go! Any recommendations for more of a freeride/am build?

2010 Norco Bigfoot and 2012 Norco CCX3 (hiding...)

Quote Originally Posted by helidave View Post
    DH is what you do when you have huge hairy balls and love to shred the gnar.

mtbr member
    My 08 Norco six2, picked it up used awhile back to replace my Kona and have been loving it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Who Rides A Norco?-six2-river.jpg  

I like to fart when I'm in front of you on a climb

mtbr member
    Sight 2012

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    i just got this norco shore 2. Does anybody know what year it is? The PO said it was an 07-08.

I'm hoping he's right.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    i just got this norco shore. Does anybody know what year it is? The PO said it was an 07-08 shore 2 but it looks like a 3.

I'm hoping he's right.

inexperienced at large
    Apr 2011
    Okay, I feel like a jerk. I need to call Norco for some people. What's the serial number?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    My wife will be riding a custom built norco rival, only thing original is the headset and frame.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Who Rides A Norco?-p4pb9279659.jpgWho Rides A Norco?-p4pb9279643.jpgWho Rides A Norco?-p4pb9279656.jpg2011 Truax 1 with upgrades.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2_WD View Post
    2011 Truax 1 with upgrades.
    Love the color!

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ModifiedArmy View Post
    Love the color!
    Thanks, i totes love the colour too...my fav for this bike.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Hey, so I'm looking to buy a 2011 shore 2, they're only asking $800, that seems really low? Maybe not, anyone who's ridden the shore 2, does it climb "decently"?

inexperienced at large
    Apr 2011

Re: Who Rides A Norco?

The Shore is a fun bike. It got replaced in their lineup by the Truax, but doesn't fall short for freeride.

I know a guy who climbs his and he always sticks with the group, even when there are guys on Norco's Fluid and I'm on a Range.

I still say climbing is more controlled on my 2011 Range, but that doesn't mean much.

What kind of riding style do you like?

Condition of parts and whether or not they are stock, or if they are of lesser/equal/greater value determines the value of the bike. If it is sparkling, $800 is a deal. Post pics, ride it, keep us posted.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

ADIDAB
    New Norco owner... Riding a Team 9.1, bit different from the usual Norco rider...

Have to say I really like the ride of the Team, goes exactly where you point it, climbs like a goat and the carbon mutes the trail chatter.

I swapped out a few parts to get it set up right for me, shorter PRO stem, Syntace P6 carbon post, favourite WTB saddle, PRO carbon bars, ESI extra chunky grips and set up tubeless with Maxxis Ikon rubber. I'm still dialling in the cockpit, making small adjustments but it's 99% to my liking.

I've been enjoying riding it so much my Lenz Leviathan has been getting a little jealous...

Who Rides A Norco?-norco-team-9.jpg

The pic above still has the original EA70 bars and WTB Nano on the rear, but it's the latest one I have...
    My LBS | Riding this and this

mtbr member
    May 2013

Nitro 6.2

Who Rides A Norco?-img_0260.jpg

My Norco Nitro 6.2. Picked it up a few weeks ago.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Who Rides A Norco?-norcosight2.jpg

I'm loving my 2013 Sight 2. Really well balanced suspension and geometry. Reasonably light at about 27.5lbs.
    Last edited by blizzard_mk; 09-16-2013 at 08:18 AM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Just ordered a 2014 Fluid 9.2 have to wait till October for it to come in, very excited. 120mm of 29er goodness.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by blizzard_mk View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NorcoSight2.jpg 
Views:	3448 
Size:	91.3 KB 
ID:	807351

I'm loving my 2013 Sight 2. Really well balanced suspension and geometry. Reasonably light at about 27.5lbs.
    27.5lbs?
    Really?
    I just picked up a demo 2014 Carbon sight 7.1 and weighed it in the shop on their scales - 12.8kg [28.16 lbs] less pedals!
    Even considering Norco have swapped the tyres from Onza Ibex at 1.95lbs each to maxxis Ardents at 1.57lbs it still makes the $5000.00 carbon bike 27.39lbs.
    Not calling BS on you bud but I would get your scales checked

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgre_6163 View Post
    27.5lbs?
    Really?
    I just picked up a demo 2014 Carbon sight 7.1 and weighed it in the shop on their scales - 12.8kg [28.16 lbs] less pedals!
    Even considering Norco have swapped the tyres from Onza Ibex at 1.95lbs each to maxxis Ardents at 1.57lbs it still makes the $5000.00 carbon bike 27.39lbs.
    Not calling BS on you bud but I would get your scales checked
    The scale I was using may not be the most accurate, but that weight is in the right ballpark. That was with stan's flow wheels, the stock Conti x-king 2.2 tires set up tubeless, and xt cranks with a 34T wolf tooth chainring (no guide or derailleur). Keep in mind that you are also comparing 26" to 27.5".

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by blizzard_mk View Post
    The scale I was using may not be the most accurate, but that weight is in the right ballpark. That was with stan's flow wheels, the stock Conti x-king 2.2 tires set up tubeless, and xt cranks with a 34T wolf tooth chainring (no guide or derailleur). Keep in mind that you are also comparing 26" to 27.5".
    Fair enough - points well made and taken.
    I get frustrated at riders who buy their bike and then they magically seem to drop 4lbs when it rolls out the door of the shop.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    I have a large 2014 Fluid 9.2 with all my goodies on it, stans hoops with hope hubs and rotors, hope brakes, raceface turbine cranks and carbon seat-post, truvativ carbon bars, hope stem, all X9 shifters and derailluers, weighs in at 30 lbs. I don't think thats bad for 120 mil travel ali 29er.
    Giant XTC 2 29er
    KHS Flagstaff 29er FS
    Neon Bow Trials Bike
    Norco Fluid 9.2 29er FS
    Norco BIGFOOT FATTY

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgre_6163 View Post
    27.5lbs?
    I just picked up a demo 2014 Carbon sight 7.1 ...
    Do tell. How did it ride?
    Overland : Hayduke : Hightower LT : Delirium : Piolet

mtbr member

Who Rides A Norco?

Here's my new ride - it's a Range 7.1 with a few bling bits. Still waiting on more appropriate wider tyres and rims to show but it came in at 12.2kg as pictured (with 2.25 Racing Ralph's).

mtbr member
    That's a super nice Range. Love the build, a DBAir CS or Float-X would finish it off!

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    I ride a Norco : )
    2014 Sight 7.1 carbon.
    With a few mods she comes in at 11.85kg [26.07lbs] without pedals

meow, meow.
    Sub-12kg AM bikes were the realm of high $$$ Ibis Mojo builds only a few years ago..

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Have a Norco Shore with lots of upgrades (about 40.5lbs) and a 2014 Carbon Range 7.2 on order for Feb 2014 (a lot less pounds .

Who Rides A Norco?-vps.jpg

Norco Photo Album - Pinkbike

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Hello
    I am writing from Italy
    I have been riding a customized range sixfiftyb which currently sits at less than 12,8 kg
    The best bike i have ever had
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Who Rides A Norco?-image.jpg  

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Hello, I'm from Indonesia.
    My ride Norco Truax

I love my bike

mtbr member

More Mods...

Updated a few more bits on my Range 7.1; now running Derby rims and a DB Air shock. Also giving the Formula 35 fork a try.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Who Rides A Norco?-range-side-.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sweet setup, that shock is magic on that frame and you are going to love the wheels!

v0n
    mtbr member
    May 2013

Who Rides A Norco?

Quote Originally Posted by JHwick View Post
    Updated a few more bits on my Range 7.1; now running Derby rims and a DB Air shock. Also giving the Formula 35 fork a try.
    That shock clears the frame? Nice

mtbr member

Who Rides A Norco?

Quote Originally Posted by v0n View Post
    That shock clears the frame? Nice
    Yep, the DB clears but only when oriented as shown.
    Also makes it a tight fit for drink bottles and I can only fit a small one in my large frame - used to be able to fit a full size bottle with a regular shock.

v0n
    mtbr member
    May 2013

Who Rides A Norco?

Quote Originally Posted by JHwick View Post
    Yep, the DB clears but only when oriented as shown.
    Also makes it a tight fit for drink bottles and I can only fit a small one in my large frame - used to be able to fit a full size bottle with a regular shock.
    Noice. I wish the xs frame could fit that(

mtbr member

Who Rides A Norco?

Been waiting a while for this one...
    Came in at 12.3kg / 27.12lbs as pictured (with pedals, fender and bottle cage).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Who Rides A Norco?-angle.jpg  

mtbr member
    here a few pics of our Norco's my wife 2013 fluid & my sight killer b 2013........im open to suggestion for setup being as tho im a big guy ' just kinda wingin it .........hahahahahaha
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Who Rides A Norco?-img_20130621_194650.jpg  

Who Rides A Norco?-20140201_104827.jpg  

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Ride hard everytime....or take up hiking...........lol

mtbr member

Who Rides A Norco?

Quote Originally Posted by DABIGSEAT View Post
    here a few pics of our Norco's my wife 2013 fluid & my sight killer b 2013........im open to suggestion for setup being as tho im a big guy ' just kinda wingin it .........hahahahahaha
    Dang,

The way you are holding that bike makes it look feathery light!

Rock on man,

Bryan
    Just keep pedaling, don't stop pedaling.

mtbr member

Who rides A Norco?

Ive been riding my norco sight C7.2 for about 3 months now.
    Biggest upgrade
    RS Pike 150mm
    Dt swiss xm1501
    RS Debonair shock
    Spike 50mm stem
    Answer pro taper dh carbon bars, cut to 750mm
    Shimano xt rear cassette
    Love the bike! Weighes in at 28.51Lbs with pedals. Just waiting for reverb stealth next week
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Who Rides A Norco?-img_20141127_133121.jpg  

mtbr member
    My low budget fun bike. I will update the suspension with avalanche cartridge in the evolution fork, and avalanche rebuild in the ctd evolution shock as soon as the option is available, to be ready for the snows departure. 26 t small ring, and a rf bash are the only changes from stock. I plan on testing tubeless this winter seeing how many months it will hold air without riding.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Who Rides A Norco?-2014-09-22-13.50.3290percent.jpg  

Last edited by jhtopilko; 12-20-2014 at 03:16 PM.
    TCX advanced SX

mtbr member
    Hey guys, Ive got a 2014 sight c7.2. Anyone know what type of chain guide fits this bike? I drop my chain most of the time over rough trails. Ive replaced the front derailleur with sram xo 2/10. But havent ridden on it yet. Im hoping this will remedy my problem. Comparing with the x7 with the xo, seems like the x7's cage is bent? Causing drops?

mtbr member
    Im using the e-thirteen trs system (bash guard & chain tensioner).... work well havent dropped a chain,but when riding in dirty conditions was dealing with a bit of chain suck in granny gear(small front ring) moved to 1x ...problem solved....hoped my 2 cents helps

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DABIGSEAT View Post
    Im using the e-thirteen trs system (bash guard & chain tensioner).... work well havent dropped a chain,but when riding in dirty conditions was dealing with a bit of chain suck in granny gear(small front ring) moved to 1x ...problem solved....hoped my 2 cents helps
    which e thirteen is that dabigseat? is that the ISCG 05? cuz i tried a truvativ ISCG , but didnt fit over the carbon bottom bracket. Ive ridden the new xo fron derailleur today. its better then the x7, but still jumps from the big chain ring to the small when im going over rough trails down hill. and at one point i got chain suck. so im hoping to buy a chain guide thatll fix it.

mtbr member
    Got my e thirteen chain guide.... so far so good ..... i was also concerned about drag.... but no drag
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Who Rides A Norco?-1422416101840110515761.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gocat View Post
    Got my e thirteen chain guide.... so far so good ..... i was also concerned about drag.... but no drag
    Be sure to keep the chain really clean , i was having a issue with chain suck(chain caught between frame & chainring) was told it was because my chain wasnt clean enough( not sure if that was good advice or not) , i clean my chain every 3 rides but...utlimately ended up going to 1x no suck there....lol

mtbr member
    Ok , thanx ! I usually clean my chain often. But when i look at this guide , it has what looks like a shark fin, for lack of a better word, that sticks up in front of the derailleur. So i dont see how the chain can jump over that onto the B.B.

mtbr member
    Who Rides A Norco?-dsc_0213.jpgWho Rides A Norco?-dsc_0216.jpg Who Rides A Norco?-camerazoom-20150503185056103%5B1%5D.jpg
    Just Rebuilt my 2008 Norco Aline with New Shimano XT 9 speed Cassette, XT Derailleur, XT Chain, XT Shifter, Deore M610 Brakes, Kore Seat and cut down seat post, New Renthal Fat Bars with WTB Grips, New Cane Creek Headset, New Hope Upper Fork Crown/Stem, New Risse Racing Lower Fork Crown, Replaced the Rear Spank Subrosa 30 with a Sun Ringle MTX 33 and another Hope Evo Pro 2 Hub (I have 6 of them now lol) ,Schwalbe Hans Dampf on the Rear, Nukeproof Proton Flat pedals, think that's it
    Headin out for it's first test ride tommorow on some of Lithgow NSW Australia's DH Tracks

mtbr member
    May 2015

new Sight C 7.1

Who Rides A Norco?-sight-c-7-1.jpg

I now ride a Norco. Yesterday, I picked up a new Sight C 7.1 at my dealer.

Looks great, more orange than I expected based on internet images. I haven't ridden it on trails yet. Yesterday, when I got it home, I rode it around my yard . So far I'm impressed by ease of climbing, compliance over rough terrain, and handling compared to my Specialized Camber 29er. The Rockshock dropper seat works great.

Anyone else have one of these? What are your impressions? Seat? Tires? etc.

Joe

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimermtnr View Post
    I rode one last year. I just tore it down 2 days ago and now the frame is for sale

I liked the bike. Very active and was surprised at just how much it was able to do without feeling overwhelmed. It's very nimble and flickable, but behaves very well in the air too. Wouldn't have won so many awards if it wasn't awesome! Anyone want mine?

mtbr member
    May 2015
    if you liked it why are you selling it?

mtbr member
    Nov 2009

Name:	sight c 7-1.jpg 
Views:	1756 
Size:	148.9 KB 
ID:	987812

Looks great, more orange than I expected based on internet images. I haven't ridden it on trails yet. Yesterday, when I got it home, I rode it around my yard . So far I'm impressed by ease of climbing, compliance over rough terrain, and handling compared to my Specialized Camber 29er. The Rockshock dropper seat works great.

Joe
    First I have to say (sweet ride!!). I have the 2014 Sight 7 1.5c with a bunch of mods. Although I haven't had a ton of bikes to compare to, the Sight is by far the best bike I have rode so far. As sdemars mentioned a very fun bike. Right away the first time I pointed the Sight down hill I realized it was much faster than anything I've rode before. It took me a little bit to get used to the speed. So confidence inspiring I taught myself how to do jumps (small ones) Which is good for this old fart who up until mountain biking, had no experience riding anything off road powered or not, never even been to a bike park.

The climbing is fantastic too, on steep techy stuff, just leave the shock settings wide open and for me the traction is very good. As the fork and shock are pretty much the only stock item left on the bike until June,,, I believe at that point the new 2016 editions should make the ride even better.

Make sure to give us your impressions after a few rides. Cheers!!

Captain One Lung SuperModerator

Joe
    You can tell all that from just riding around your yard? You must have a sweet yard.

Very nice bike! I'm a lil jealous.

mtbr member

Joe
    Awesome bike. I looked very seriously at that exact bike but ended up pulling the pin on my Range. It was down to those two bikes for me. Not sure yet if it was the right decision or not.

Anyway, I recall I was going to do a tiny bit of surgery on that bike had I bought it. First off, if I recall correctly, that Magic Mary tire in the front is non-snakeskin. Presumably that is to keep the weight down. That tire is huge but the non-SS version is very light - weight wise and durability wise. I would have put a Hans Dampf SS version on front and back, tubeless. I like my Specialized Phenom seat so I would have swapped it (although the stock seat looks sick with the matching stripe). I don't think I was going to do too much more, although I was thinking of swapping out the XX1 crank for a RF Next to shave a half pound but all in all, I thought it was super solidly spec'ed out of the box.

GREAT bike. Enjoy.

PS - I would gas the Norco lock on grips too and put Lizard Skins on - 35 grams.

mtbr member
    May 2015

Sight C 7.1

Quote Originally Posted by F8L View Post
    You can tell all that from just riding around your yard? You must have a sweet yard.

Very nice bike! I'm a lil jealous.
    Thanks for the comments.

Those were my quick first impressions. I do live in the country with a small hill, a ditch full of ruts and some rocks (small rock garden) and I built a small jump to go over. I won't know for sure until I've spend some time on the trails. Not sure when that will be as this is turning out to be a busy week.

Joe

mtbr member
    May 2015

Sight C 7.1

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkrmike View Post
    Awesome bike. I looked very seriously at that exact bike but ended up pulling the pin on my Range. It was down to those two bikes for me. Not sure yet if it was the right decision or not.

Anyway, I recall I was going to do a tiny bit of surgery on that bike had I bought it. First off, if I recall correctly, that Magic Mary tire in the front is non-snakeskin. Presumably that is to keep the weight down. That tire is huge but the non-SS version is very light - weight wise and durability wise. I would have put a Hans Dampf SS version on front and back, tubeless. I like my Specialized Phenom seat so I would have swapped it (although the stock seat looks sick with the matching stripe). I don't think I was going to do too much more, although I was thinking of swapping out the XX1 crank for a RF Next to shave a half pound but all in all, I thought it was super solidly spec'ed out of the box.

GREAT bike. Enjoy.

PS - I would gas the Norco lock on grips too and put Lizard Skins on - 35 grams.
    Thinks for the comments.

I checked, the Magic Mary tire is Snakeskin, says on the sidewall. They make both SS and non SS Magic Mary tires. Since I have large hands I find the grips to be slightly on the small side. I will admit that this bike significantly exceeds my capabilities, I need to ride it for a while before changing too much.

Joe
    Last edited by Oldtimermtnr; 05-13-2015 at 05:24 AM.

mtbr member
    if you liked it why are you selling it?
    The Sight is a perfect trail/all-mtn bike. It's fantastic for everything you might want to pedal to and for most of the stuff you might take a shuttle to. There's two reasons I'm selling it.

1 - As my skills are increasing I'm doing more park rides where I want a little bigger bike, but don't need a full DH bike. The Sight can handle some jumps but it's not really meant to do a 15' gaps all day long. (there's a reason they made the Sight and Range)

2 - I'll also be doing several endurance events this year. I got a Pivot 429sl for those, and it's such a surprisingly capable platform it will handle much of the trail riding I want to do. I've done everything at Moab except Portal on this.

So the 429sl handles most of the trail rides I want to do and I decided to get something better suited to the DH-ish stuff I wanted to do. Ergo, now I have a SC Nomad. Moved all the parts over and I'm selling the Sight frame. If it wasn't for these, I would have been happy keeping the Sight - it's still a rad bike that I'll be a lil sad to see go. It's also sad that I only have 2 rides on a brand new CC DB Inline and Reverb Stealth, but that's the way it goes...

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by sdemars View Post
    The Sight is a perfect trail/all-mtn bike. It's fantastic for everything you might want to pedal to and for most of the stuff you might take a shuttle to. There's two reasons I'm selling it.

1 - As my skills are increasing I'm doing more park rides where I want a little bigger bike, but don't need a full DH bike. The Sight can handle some jumps but it's not really meant to do a 15' gaps all day long. (there's a reason they made the Sight and Range)

2 - I'll also be doing several endurance events this year. I got a Pivot 429sl for those, and it's such a surprisingly capable platform it will handle much of the trail riding I want to do. I've done everything at Moab except Portal on this.

So the 429sl handles most of the trail rides I want to do and I decided to get something better suited to the DH-ish stuff I wanted to do. Ergo, now I have a SC Nomad. Moved all the parts over and I'm selling the Sight frame. If it wasn't for these, I would have been happy keeping the Sight - it's still a rad bike that I'll be a lil sad to see go. It's also sad that I only have 2 rides on a brand new CC DB Inline and Reverb Stealth, but that's the way it goes...
    Makes sense. You sound like you're perfectly qualified to evaluate this bike.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

Joe
    Also picked my Sight C7.1 2015 up on Tuesday, not been far on it yet but im happy i went for the medium instead of the large (im almost 5'10"). Just converted to tubeless but i think the Magic Mary might be a little OTT for my local trails and was considering putting the Hans Dampf up front and possibly getting another for the rear. Cant decide if i want to run clipless or flats allthough i have my clippless pedals from my XC bike on it atm. Yeah the orange does look so much better in real life than it does on any pictures online IMO.

Also, is the e13 chainguide really necessary? i was tempted to take it off as ive ran XX1 for almost two years on my XC bike without one and its never dropped the chain once.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Picked mine up last Monday. I have a medium and I'm only 5'8". Feels right for me. I'm using clipless. Will convert to tubeless soon, as I often ride in the southern Texas where, because of all the cactus and thorns, tubeless is a necessity.

This bike is a big upgrade for me and at my age and riding ability have no expectations of ever being able to ride it to near it's full potential. That being said I am confident that with this bike I will improve and ride faster on more technical trails.

Have ridden it over some small jumps (about 15"max) and rough ground around my home I am surprised by far I compress the suspension. Taking measurements after a ride I find that I have compressed the fork 117mm or 83% of it's travel and the shock 44mm or 75%. I have no complaints with the way the bike rides or handles over the jumps but have to wonder how it will performs on a real trail when I'm riding faster over larger obstacles. The suspension is set to the factory base tune and the dealer has set the the sag according to specs. and my weight.

If things need to be adjusted I would like to have it done before I hit the trails this weekend with my son.

Any comments.

Joe

mtbr member
    ... I am surprised by far I compress the suspension...If things need to be adjusted I would like to have it done before I hit the trails this weekend with my son.
    I think you're fine. The suspension will ramp up at the end stroke. This bike will likely handle MUCH more than you expect. Bring a shock pump and tools though. It's not unusual to need to tinker on the first couple of rides.

Cleared the top of the bridge behind me. This is with the low end Fox and I still didn't have a harsh bottom out.
    Who Rides A Norco?-cbu_bridge.jpg

Colorado Freeride Festival Enduro at Winter Park. This is on the their rowdy DH trail.
    Who Rides A Norco?-cff2014_1929w.jpg

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Thanks Sdemars for the quick response. Great shots.

Joe

mtbr member
    Jun 2015

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Stolen Norco Sight 2 in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Hey everyone!

My mountain bike was stolen from inside a red Honda van in William Hawrelak park on the afternoon of Sunday May 31.

The bike is a white medium sized 2012 Norco Sight 2. It has an United Cycle sticker on the down tube, Shimano “XT” components throughout, and black and blue wheels. It has new Specialized branded tires also.

Who Rides A Norco?-2012-norco-sight.jpg

It was my first and only real mountain bike, it is very special to me, and I am really sad to see it go. I would truly appreciate it if you guys could keep an eye out for it and maybe spread the word! it would mean the world to me.

I am also offering a large cash reward for anyone who can provide information leading to its return. No questions asked. If you have any information, please feel free to contact me at 780 690 0820 or contact the Edmonton police department.

Thanks a whole bunch!

Zhitao

mtbr member
    Just finished building this Sight Carbon for my wife.
    Came in at 12kg including pedals (26.4lbs) with a Pike and XX1.
    The small frame came in at 2,600g with a Monarch Debonair if anyone's curious.

mtbr member

Who Rides A Norco?

And here's another pic of the same Sight 7.1 ...

mtbr member
    Feb 2011

My other ride
    I want a Norco...just because...I live in Norco.

mtbr member

Some will relate:

Who Rides A Norco?-11885375_401971183333690_7793448336166700023_n.jpg

meow, meow.
    A note to owners of Norco Fluid 7.1 2014 (this may apply to other builds based around the same frame). I have worked on 2 such frames and found on both that the headtube is factory reamed top and bottom, however the top (44 mm) is slightly undersize, and the bottom (56 mm) is slightly oversize. The lower headset cup (especially the stock stamped steel one) does move under load and causes fretting, and it doesn't have much contact area with the headtube bore to begin with. On one of these frames I had to use a medium strength cylindrical fit retaining compound to help keep the cup in.

Conversely, upper cup may need extra persuasion to press in (leave stock one in place unless you know what you're doing or it's worn enough to need replacement -- which isn't surprising as the stock headset is of poor quality), or better, additional reaming of the upper headtube bore.

Also watch closely after the bearings in the rocker arm pivot. Don't allow them to disintegrate, better replace early. If they fall apart (perceived as play in the pivot), extracting them will be considerably harder.

PS
    It's a very nice bike otherwise, even though it's 27.5" and not 26".

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast