Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11
Results 251 to 271 of 271
  1. #251
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    467
    Quote Originally Posted by blizzard_mk View Post
    Attachment 807351

    I'm loving my 2013 Sight 2. Really well balanced suspension and geometry. Reasonably light at about 27.5lbs.
    27.5lbs?
    Really?
    I just picked up a demo 2014 Carbon sight 7.1 and weighed it in the shop on their scales - 12.8kg [28.16 lbs] less pedals!
    Even considering Norco have swapped the tyres from Onza Ibex at 1.95lbs each to maxxis Ardents at 1.57lbs it still makes the $5000.00 carbon bike 27.39lbs.
    Not calling BS on you bud but I would get your scales checked

  2. #252
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    235
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgre_6163 View Post
    27.5lbs?
    Really?
    I just picked up a demo 2014 Carbon sight 7.1 and weighed it in the shop on their scales - 12.8kg [28.16 lbs] less pedals!
    Even considering Norco have swapped the tyres from Onza Ibex at 1.95lbs each to maxxis Ardents at 1.57lbs it still makes the $5000.00 carbon bike 27.39lbs.
    Not calling BS on you bud but I would get your scales checked
    The scale I was using may not be the most accurate, but that weight is in the right ballpark. That was with stan's flow wheels, the stock Conti x-king 2.2 tires set up tubeless, and xt cranks with a 34T wolf tooth chainring (no guide or derailleur). Keep in mind that you are also comparing 26" to 27.5".

  3. #253
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    467
    Quote Originally Posted by blizzard_mk View Post
    The scale I was using may not be the most accurate, but that weight is in the right ballpark. That was with stan's flow wheels, the stock Conti x-king 2.2 tires set up tubeless, and xt cranks with a 34T wolf tooth chainring (no guide or derailleur). Keep in mind that you are also comparing 26" to 27.5".
    Fair enough - points well made and taken.
    I get frustrated at riders who buy their bike and then they magically seem to drop 4lbs when it rolls out the door of the shop.

  4. #254
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    809
    I have a large 2014 Fluid 9.2 with all my goodies on it, stans hoops with hope hubs and rotors, hope brakes, raceface turbine cranks and carbon seat-post, truvativ carbon bars, hope stem, all X9 shifters and derailluers, weighs in at 30 lbs. I don't think thats bad for 120 mil travel ali 29er.
    Giant XTC 2 29er
    KHS Flagstaff 29er FS
    Neon Bow Trials Bike
    Norco Fluid 9.2 29er FS
    Norco BIGFOOT FATTY

  5. #255
    mtbr member
    Reputation: sdemars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    222
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgre_6163 View Post
    27.5lbs?
    I just picked up a demo 2014 Carbon sight 7.1 ...
    Do tell. How did it ride?

  6. #256
    mtbr member
    Reputation: JHwick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    124

    Who Rides A Norco?

    Here's my new ride - it's a Range 7.1 with a few bling bits. Still waiting on more appropriate wider tyres and rims to show but it came in at 12.2kg as pictured (with 2.25 Racing Ralph's).

  7. #257
    mtbr member
    Reputation: socalMX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,139
    That's a super nice Range. Love the build, a DBAir CS or Float-X would finish it off!

  8. #258
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    467
    I ride a Norco : )
    2014 Sight 7.1 carbon.
    With a few mods she comes in at 11.85kg [26.07lbs] without pedals

  9. #259
    meow, meow.
    Reputation: J. Random Psycho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,090
    Sub-12kg AM bikes were the realm of high $$$ Ibis Mojo builds only a few years ago..
    26" faithful.

  10. #260
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    99
    Have a Norco Shore with lots of upgrades (about 40.5lbs) and a 2014 Carbon Range 7.2 on order for Feb 2014 (a lot less pounds .

    Who Rides A Norco?-vps.jpg

    Norco Photo Album - Pinkbike

  11. #261
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3
    Hello
    I am writing from Italy
    I have been riding a customized range sixfiftyb which currently sits at less than 12,8 kg
    The best bike i have ever had
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Who Rides A Norco?-image.jpg  


  12. #262
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    18
    Hello, I'm from Indonesia.
    My ride Norco Truax


    I love my bike

  13. #263
    mtbr member
    Reputation: JHwick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    124

    More Mods...

    Updated a few more bits on my Range 7.1; now running Derby rims and a DB Air shock. Also giving the Formula 35 fork a try.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Who Rides A Norco?-range-side-.jpg  


  14. #264
    mtbr member
    Reputation: socalMX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,139
    Sweet setup, that shock is magic on that frame and you are going to love the wheels!

  15. #265
    v0n
    v0n is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    43

    Who Rides A Norco?

    Quote Originally Posted by JHwick View Post
    Updated a few more bits on my Range 7.1; now running Derby rims and a DB Air shock. Also giving the Formula 35 fork a try.
    That shock clears the frame? Nice

  16. #266
    mtbr member
    Reputation: JHwick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    124

    Who Rides A Norco?

    Quote Originally Posted by v0n View Post
    That shock clears the frame? Nice
    Yep, the DB clears but only when oriented as shown.
    Also makes it a tight fit for drink bottles and I can only fit a small one in my large frame - used to be able to fit a full size bottle with a regular shock.

  17. #267
    v0n
    v0n is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    43

    Who Rides A Norco?

    Quote Originally Posted by JHwick View Post
    Yep, the DB clears but only when oriented as shown.
    Also makes it a tight fit for drink bottles and I can only fit a small one in my large frame - used to be able to fit a full size bottle with a regular shock.
    Noice. I wish the xs frame could fit that(

  18. #268
    mtbr member
    Reputation: JHwick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    124

    Who Rides A Norco?

    Been waiting a while for this one...
    Came in at 12.3kg / 27.12lbs as pictured (with pedals, fender and bottle cage).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Who Rides A Norco?-angle.jpg  


  19. #269
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    72
    here a few pics of our Norco's my wife 2013 fluid & my sight killer b 2013........im open to suggestion for setup being as tho im a big guy ' just kinda wingin it .........hahahahahaha
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Who Rides A Norco?-img_20130621_194650.jpg  

    Who Rides A Norco?-20140201_104827.jpg  

    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Ride hard everytime....or take up hiking...........lol

  20. #270
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bryan_d's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    418

    Who Rides A Norco?

    Quote Originally Posted by DABIGSEAT View Post
    here a few pics of our Norco's my wife 2013 fluid & my sight killer b 2013........im open to suggestion for setup being as tho im a big guy ' just kinda wingin it .........hahahahahaha
    Dang,

    The way you are holding that bike makes it look feathery light!

    Rock on man,

    Bryan
    Just keep pedaling, don't stop pedaling.

  21. #271
    mtbr member
    Reputation: gocat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    38

    Who rides A Norco?

    Ive been riding my norco sight C7.2 for about 3 months now.
    Biggest upgrade
    RS Pike 150mm
    Dt swiss xm1501
    RS Debonair shock
    Spike 50mm stem
    Answer pro taper dh carbon bars, cut to 750mm
    Shimano xt rear cassette
    Love the bike! Weighes in at 28.51Lbs with pedals. Just waiting for reverb stealth next week
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Who Rides A Norco?-img_20141127_133121.jpg  


Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11

Similar Threads

  1. Must-do rides near Portland?
    By AMike in forum Oregon
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-03-2004, 05:59 PM
  2. Replies: 97
    Last Post: 03-29-2004, 06:15 PM
  3. Anybody played on a Norco 2004 Torrent ?
    By Van_Island_Rider in forum Canadian Bikes
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-25-2004, 09:55 AM
  4. Triceps killing me on LSD rides...
    By free-agent in forum XC Racing and Training
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-02-2004, 03:44 PM
  5. Salt ingestion in long rides
    By Spiff in forum Passion
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 02-02-2004, 12:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •