Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    looking to buy a 06 norco 6. its has a small frame, im 5'9'', 180lbs, will this frame be too small for me? just wanna know b4 i buy it. thanks for all the help. be doing alot of freeriding....

inexperienced at large
    Apr 2011
    5'9" on a small? I wouldn't do that. I'm 6'3" on a XL

mtbr member
    Jun 2012

yup

nice.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

My Norco

2011 Shore 3 that I picked up last night!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Who Rides A Norco?-img_0420%5B1%5D.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    On Tuesday, I went out and hit Black Oak, and something felt a little off about the rear end of the bike. As I was cleaning and inspecting the bike, I found a crack in the seat tube running nearly 180 degrees around the tube, starting at the weld for the suspension pivot. Lean on the seat and the crack opens up.

Took it in to Bicycle World in Windsor - sure enough, it's a non crash damage crack. I go home and strip the bike and return the frame.

Thursday AM, the replacement frame is in. Norco couldn't find a medium Faze 3 so they sent me a Faze 1 instead.

And Friday I set a new PR on Black Oak: Black Oak Record June 15 RAW FOOTAGE [720P] - YouTube Strava Segment | Black Oak Time Trial

Now THAT is customer service. 48 hours from "It's broke!" to "It's fixed!"

DG
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Who Rides A Norco?-windsor-20120614-00093.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Last year I bought a 2010 Fluid 3 and though I love the bike, I wished for something with a little beefier component set. I had done some good upgrades to it and the last would be a new fork.

Well I walked into my LBS the other day (same place I bought my Fluid) and they had a 2010 LT 6.3 for a smoking deal. Sold my Fluid on craigslist in a matter of hours and went and picked up the LT. I kept my Havoc AM wheels from the Fluid but that was about it. Installed a FUNN Fatboy bar w/ Ruffians and now I just need to swap out a stem, seat post, install a bash guard and new set of Wellgo B-103 pedals and I'm done. Took it for it's maiden voyage today at lunch and love the way it handles.

Heading out to Capitol Forest this weekend for the Enduro too!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Who Rides A Norco?-norco.jpg  

fear this
    I've always been sort of a "must be handmade in my continent" kinda guy, but after building an '04 Sasquatch for urban assault and riding that to work for many years, followed by riding my friend's '08 Fluid (regular one) and being amazed by the climbing ability and dialed geometry, I eventually bought an '09 Fluid LT. I immediately swapped out the fork for a Lyrik U-Turn and dialed in the cockpit, but it's the best all around mountain bike I've ever ridden. I demoed a Knolly Endorphin before finally settling for the LT and haven't looked back.

Built up the '04 Sasquatch again for my wife and they're both beautifully designed bikes.
    Norco Fluid LT
    Devinci Ollie, some goodies to lighten 'er up

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I just recently bought my first decent Mtb. Its an 03 Norco charger. so for I have been nothing but happy with it!! Huge upgrade from previous bikes.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    decided on a 2011 norco charger (equal to the 2012 charger 6.1) yesterday aug 13

it was on sale, it was my size and it was the only one left. might've got lucky, just maybe. im a bit worried now since someone here reviewed the 2011 model and he said the bike fell apart within 6 months. i hope they are wrong

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Lots of nice bikes in here! Love seeing others still rockin hardtails, seems norco builds a solid bike. Im loving my new Bigfoot, but the front fork needs to go! Any recommendations for more of a freeride/am build?

2010 Norco Bigfoot and 2012 Norco CCX3 (hiding...)

Quote Originally Posted by helidave View Post
    DH is what you do when you have huge hairy balls and love to shred the gnar.

mtbr member
    My 08 Norco six2, picked it up used awhile back to replace my Kona and have been loving it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Who Rides A Norco?-six2-river.jpg  

13 Banshee Rune, Pushed Fox 36Float RC2, I9 Blunt35's

T1 barcode, pitchfork's, Hazard light's and profile's

mtbr member
    Sight 2012

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    i just got this norco shore 2. Does anybody know what year it is? The PO said it was an 07-08.

I'm hoping he's right.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    i just got this norco shore. Does anybody know what year it is? The PO said it was an 07-08 shore 2 but it looks like a 3.

I'm hoping he's right.

inexperienced at large
    Apr 2011
    Okay, I feel like a jerk. I need to call Norco for some people. What's the serial number?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    My wife will be riding a custom built norco rival, only thing original is the headset and frame.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Who Rides A Norco?-p4pb9279659.jpgWho Rides A Norco?-p4pb9279643.jpgWho Rides A Norco?-p4pb9279656.jpg2011 Truax 1 with upgrades.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2_WD View Post
    2011 Truax 1 with upgrades.
    Love the color!

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ModifiedArmy View Post
    Love the color!
    Thanks, i totes love the colour too...my fav for this bike.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Hey, so I'm looking to buy a 2011 shore 2, they're only asking $800, that seems really low? Maybe not, anyone who's ridden the shore 2, does it climb "decently"?

inexperienced at large
    Apr 2011

Re: Who Rides A Norco?

The Shore is a fun bike. It got replaced in their lineup by the Truax, but doesn't fall short for freeride.

I know a guy who climbs his and he always sticks with the group, even when there are guys on Norco's Fluid and I'm on a Range.

I still say climbing is more controlled on my 2011 Range, but that doesn't mean much.

What kind of riding style do you like?

Condition of parts and whether or not they are stock, or if they are of lesser/equal/greater value determines the value of the bike. If it is sparkling, $800 is a deal. Post pics, ride it, keep us posted.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

ADIDAB
    New Norco owner... Riding a Team 9.1, bit different from the usual Norco rider...

Have to say I really like the ride of the Team, goes exactly where you point it, climbs like a goat and the carbon mutes the trail chatter.

I swapped out a few parts to get it set up right for me, shorter PRO stem, Syntace P6 carbon post, favourite WTB saddle, PRO carbon bars, ESI extra chunky grips and set up tubeless with Maxxis Ikon rubber. I'm still dialling in the cockpit, making small adjustments but it's 99% to my liking.

I've been enjoying riding it so much my Lenz Leviathan has been getting a little jealous...

Who Rides A Norco?-norco-team-9.jpg

The pic above still has the original EA70 bars and WTB Nano on the rear, but it's the latest one I have...
    My LBS | Riding this and this

mtbr member
    May 2013

Nitro 6.2

Who Rides A Norco?-img_0260.jpg

My Norco Nitro 6.2. Picked it up a few weeks ago.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Who Rides A Norco?-norcosight2.jpg

I'm loving my 2013 Sight 2. Really well balanced suspension and geometry. Reasonably light at about 27.5lbs.
    Last edited by blizzard_mk; 09-16-2013 at 08:18 AM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Just ordered a 2014 Fluid 9.2 have to wait till October for it to come in, very excited. 120mm of 29er goodness.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast