mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Who has ordered a Norco Carbon Sight 1

Just curious about what people think about this build. Value? We have been notified we will be the first dealer to get these in the US. Im curious about what people think is the best build offered in the carbon version and whether we ordered the right ones.

mtbr member
    The LE models (Sight and Range) are drool worthy, but the 7.1 models seem like the best bang for your buck. Good choices I think.

mtbr member
    I agree with dogboy. I'd love to have one of the more expensive versions, but they are just too much for the average person. I'd almost wonder if it would be better to gather as many frames as possible and offer competitive builds? You have a great shop and excellent customer service; I'm sure whatever you have ordered you will be able to sell. By the way, what do you have coming?

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Had a look at the Sight 7.1 last night. I actually like the look of the X.01 (all black) system better than XX1, and it still had carbon cranks on it. For an extra $1000, upgraded suspension, X.0 brakes, carbon bar, and DT/Stans wheels are about the only real difference.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jdcatnau View Post
    I agree with dogboy. I'd love to have one of the more expensive versions, but they are just too much for the average person. I'd almost wonder if it would be better to gather as many frames as possible and offer competitive builds? You have a great shop and excellent customer service; I'm sure whatever you have ordered you will be able to sell. By the way, what do you have coming?
    We have a bunch on order but the first shipment is only one medium and one large. Thanks for the compliment!!

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Actually, Punky, the XO1cranks on the sight and range 7.1 are made of aluminum. I'm getting a range 7.1, and I'm actually kind of glad about it because it will mean better durability (at least for the rugged type of riding that I do). What I am curious about is the weight of the Range 7.1. I read somewhere that the range LE was around 28.5 lb, so I'm thinking that the 7.1 is around 29.5. I'll find out soon. Also, did anyone notice that to cut costs, the Range LE uses an X01 cassette instead of the XX1? Totally sweet looking bikes though. IMO the Range 7.1 is one of the best looking bike out there.

mtbr member
    According to this Youtube vid, the Range LE is "about" 27.5lbs, Sight 1lb lighter. Both awesome looking bikes! I have the LE frameset on order and hoping mine will be maybe a little less being I have carbon wheels and Next SL cranks which alone are about 1/4lb less than XX1 cranks.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I just got back from my LBS where they built up a Sight Carbon 7.1 this morning - absolutely stunner of a bike. Has to be one of the most beautiful bikes I've seen in a while, and the attention to detail is excellent. It's got the quick-snap hydro attachments for the rear brake and dropper post, excellent routing and with the all black fork and black cassette it's just slick. If I wasn't broke from a recent fatbike purchase my '13 Sight would be looking nervous right now.
    ride, eat, sleep, repeat

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Does anyone know if the sight carbon will be available in frame only or if they have any online retailers? Norco has some great options for 2014, but it seems like it will be hard to get one if you aren't close to an LBS that carries them.

mtbr member

Who has ordered a Norco Carbon Sight 1

Quote Originally Posted by jadap64 View Post
    Does anyone know if the sight carbon will be available in frame only or if they have any online retailers? Norco has some great options for 2014, but it seems like it will be hard to get one if you aren't close to an LBS that carries them.
    Check Billy Goat Bikes if you're in the U.S.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jadap64 View Post
    Yes, they do offer frame only for the Sight carbon. I am in Ca. and dealing with a shop out of state myself. Any warranty issues could be taken care of by your closest Norco dealer as well. Shoot him a message , stand up guy!

Matt
    828-575-2460
    matt@billygoatbikes.com

Edit: Haha, beat me to it jdcatnau!

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    I have ordered one, in fact its been on order for 8 weeks...
    HOWEVER! tomorrow is the big day. I finally get to pick it up!
    I have had a demo Carbon 7.1 for over a month though [long story as to how I got my hands on it] needless to say I did not cancel the order and its great!
    See here:
    2014 Norco Sight Carbon 7.1 ride report

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Thanks for all the shout out guys. We really appreciate it!!

Matt

Billy Goat Bikes