Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Nov 2010

What happened to Norco?

Why haven't there been any posts in weeks? Why is there always less than 10 people viewing the Norco forum? Just curious. It seems like Norco stepped up there game for 2011 and 2012, but nobody cares? The range and truax both look like more than decent bikes...

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Aurum and Sight are legit too. Plus the carbon cross bike, too bad no disc tabs on it though

Subject to Whimsy
    Dec 2009
    My guess would be Norco isn't much of a force internationally. They are definitely strong in the Western Canadian market where there are a lot of dealers and of course their head office is.
    Their bike line has always been pretty strong and their pricing has generally been at least on par with similar makes.
    It would be nice too if Norco had one of their people visit this site occasionally much like other brands do. This would probably help with getting more interest in their line up.

inexperienced at large
    Apr 2011
    I'm one of few riding a nice Norco on the Central Coast of California. The local bike shop puts a number of them out, but he is one of the only Norco dealers in the area. Even then, he mostly sells Norco's in the 1,200 and under range. I know he's got a Shinobi though. I picked up a Norco Range 3 a while back and I'm loving it. It doesn't have the ART styled suspension and I had to email their staff to get them to mentioned that on the website-so I was a little annoyed with that at first. I thought it did have it for the first month of riding it though, so I still love the bike. I've changed a lot of parts, for instance I run full X0 drivetrain (Sram's hugs and kisses), Straitline pedals (I like that Western Canadian gear..) and some ODI grips-but overall I love the frame and the suspension.

They don't really push too hard on their website, but they definitely are quite popular in Western Canada. I went up to Vancouver Island and I saw plenty of them there.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrniceguy42 View Post
    Why haven't there been any posts in weeks? Why is there always less than 10 people viewing the Norco forum? Just curious. It seems like Norco stepped up there game for 2011 and 2012, but nobody cares? The range and truax both look like more than decent bikes...
    Because they don't have much dealer here in the USA. They didn't even answer my short and easy question about their product. So I guess they just want to sell their stuff in Canada.

The Cheater
    Indeed it is hard to find the Norco stocks that you want even in Australia. Norco is currently no 1 in my wish list for the next frame.
    Titux X Carbon 2010 race 9.93kg
    Titux X 2009 "Deore 2012" training 11.55kg

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by nateeprasan View Post
    Because they don't have much dealer here in the USA. They didn't even answer my short and easy question about their product. So I guess they just want to sell their stuff in Canada.
    I just figured that some of the canadians on this forum would post up their thoughts/rides.

Hmm...well whatever floats norcos boat. I would really like to demo a range. Right now for me, its a toss up between the range, slayer, or enduro. Last year, the lowest model range was the cheapest of the three, still with a decent parts spec.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Every Norco owner is too stoked on their bike to be posting online about it!

I picked up a medium Range 1 back in mid-May and have been loving the bike so far! Front Centre feels a little long at times with a 45mm stem being 5'8".

FYI The Range 3 has a standard QR rear end, while the Range SE, 1 & 2 use the A.R.T. and Syntace X12 axle!
    Last edited by PUNKY; 09-04-2011 at 04:14 PM.

mtbr member
    Yep, not a lot of Norco owners on this forum... maybe on NSMB forum. The Aurum looks awesome, and the new Norco line looks so much cleaner and aesthetically pleasing.

I rode a Range 2 (rental) a couple of weeks ago at North Shore... all I can say is that it is more balanced, stable and pedal-friendly than my Heckler. I wouldn't hesitate to trade my beloved AM for that bike. And as some others have posted, Norco makes their frames on the big side. I rode an XS and it was just right. My small Atomik is just a hair too big for me too (but I'm a gnomish 5'4").

Lastly, just about every other bike in Vancouver was a Norco. That tells you something.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Norco is based out of Vancouver. Maybe thats why there are more there than else where. They have some really great riders but they seem to keep there team small compared to other companies.

inexperienced at large
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ron m. View Post
    Yep, not a lot of Norco owners on this forum... maybe on NSMB forum. The Aurum looks awesome, and the new Norco line looks so much cleaner and aesthetically pleasing.

I rode a Range 2 (rental) a couple of weeks ago at North Shore... all I can say is that it is more balanced, stable and pedal-friendly than my Heckler. I wouldn't hesitate to trade my beloved AM for that bike. And as some others have posted, Norco makes their frames on the big side. I rode an XS and it was just right. My small Atomik is just a hair too big for me too (but I'm a gnomish 5'4").

Lastly, just about every other bike in Vancouver was a Norco. That tells you something.
    Funny, I've heard people complaining about them making their frames smaller than average. Goes to show the older truism is what it is.

So many stoked Norco riders up in Canada-it truly isn't an American thing yet. I think they like keeping it small. Just an assumption, of course, but it probably helps the keep management nice and easy while continuing to produce great rides.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by PUNKY View Post
    FYI The Range 3 has a standard QR rear end, while the Range SE, 1 & 2 use the A.R.T. and Syntace X12 axle!
    That's correct for the 2011 model year. For 2012, the Range 3 gets ART and the Syntace axle system.
    Support your local advocacy group: FVMBA!

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by robot View Post
    That's correct for the 2011 model year. For 2012, the Range 3 gets ART and the Syntace axle system.
    Fantastic news for the consumer. Almost got a 3 frame last year to build up on since I loath the colour red on bikes, but no ART was a no sale for me.

inexperienced at large
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by PUNKY View Post
    Fantastic news for the consumer. Almost got a 3 frame last year to build up on since I loath the colour red on bikes, but no ART was a no sale for me.
    I got my 3. I wasn't aware of the lack of ART for a while (I even contacted the web team and got them to fix up their page on the Range series when I found out) and I rode it thinking that there was. When I realized it wasn't there, I said, "oh well" and hucked it.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    I'd agree, Norco in more Western Canada. Much like you see everyone in CO riding Yeti. I ride a Norco A-Line for DH, if nothing more than I always thought if it as the ultimate DH park bike. Their new designs look great, but not a lot of options for demos.

mtbr member
    I've owned many Norcos All bullet proof. I rode a Norco Sasquatch hardtail on the Shore ad it handled the Shore( I live in Vancouver area )like I was riding a leisure type xc trail. When they say they design their frames for shore riding, they mean it.

inexperienced at large
    Apr 2011
    Yeah my Range definitely felt at home when I took it out to Vancouver Island.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Hey. I'm looking to buy a Norco yet It seems nearly impossible to buy a bike in the US. Does anybody know where to purchase a Norco online in the US. I'm looking for a Norco Charger 6.2.

I live in Arizona, so if anybody knows of any Local bike shops selling Norco's, please let me know...

Thank you!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hondabob100 View Post
    Hey. I'm looking to buy a Norco yet It seems nearly impossible to buy a bike in the US. Does anybody know where to purchase a Norco online in the US. I'm looking for a Norco Charger 6.2.

I live in Arizona, so if anybody knows of any Local bike shops selling Norco's, please let me know...

Thank you!!
    JJ Bicycles
    640 North Shore
    Tucson, AZ
    Phone: 1-520-882-8858

Norco's web-site list them. I don't know of anyone that sells norco's on-line.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    i am interested in norco truax but i can't find one near my location.
    do they ship internationally?

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I swear a shop in Washington state close to the boarder does online sales. Can't think of the name though.

New Norcos are long and low, old ones were short and tall.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Punky, the shop you're thinking of is Fanatik Bikes Co. They're in Bellingham, and they do online sales, and ship anywhere in North America (someone even said the world if needed). A bunch of great guys that do alot to support riding.

Fanatik Bike Co. - Bellingham Wa - Intense, Turner, Ibis, Santa Cruz, Morewood, Evil, Cannondale, Norco, Felt, Surly...

-Mike

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmike9699 View Post
    Punky, the shop you're thinking of is Fanatik Bikes Co. They're in Bellingham, and they do online sales, and ship anywhere in North America (someone even said the world if needed). A bunch of great guys that do alot to support riding.

Fanatik Bike Co. - Bellingham Wa - Intense, Turner, Ibis, Santa Cruz, Morewood, Evil, Cannondale, Norco, Felt, Surly...

-Mike
    Website says In-store only for Norco. Got me excited there for a moment. Limited range in Australia for lots of makes.

mjw
    mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mrniceguy42 View Post
    All the Norco riders are busy out riding and building trails, not posting to forums .

Seriously though, I never thought I would own a Norco. Here in Eastern Canada, I've always viewed them as just okay. I've ridden Santa Cruz, Transition, Rocky Mountain, Banshee, Canondale,Yeti...but never would have even considered Norco, when I was riding heavily.

I've been on a bit of a riding break, due to career and training. 2013 will be the year I have a break frmo career and training,and I need a new trail bike. Norco HAS stepped it up. The bikes look amazing...I was shocked!

Needless to say, I have a Range Killer B on the way. Should be here next week.

mtbr member

What happened to Norco?

If you are in the northeast, we just got a demo/rental fleet of Norcos 50 deep at Burke Bike Park/Kingdom Trails. I start putting them together this weekend.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast