mtbr member
    Apr 2009

Sizing help sight killer b

Hey guys! I am looking to get a Sight Killer B frame and need some help on what size to get. I'm 5'10" and curious what people of similar height are riding. Any input is appreciated.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I'm 6'0" with a 33.5" inseam and ride a size large sight killer b - I found the cockpit a bit cramped with the stock 60mm stem so I played around with a couple of different lengths and settled on 80mm...bike fits VERY well
    ride, eat, sleep, repeat

mtbr member

Sizing help sight killer b

5'11", 32" inseam and I'm on a large.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I'm around 5'10" with a 33" inseam (measured from the floor or 32" if measured to my ankle bone) and I've bought a large.

When I had a demo ride I noticed that Norco have specced a shortish stem and wide bars. When I first sat on the bike it felt too cramped but after riding a few trails I thought the shorter cockpit gave me a bit more room to manoeuvre on the bike.

mtbr member
    I'm 5'9" 30 inch inseam, riding a medium. My friend who is about 5'7" rode my bike with doing nothing but dropping the saddle down a couple of inches.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Pretty much in the same situation. It kind of sucks at this height (5-9,5-10) as we are always falling in between the medium and the large. Every bike shop that sizes me puts me on a different one lol.

First world problems I guess.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I'm nearly 6'0 and ordered a large. At your height, you could go either way and not go wrong. Smaller for shorter wheelbase, tighter handling, more fun descending & jumping .....bigger for more stability, easier ability to get stretched out for better climbing. You'll be running a short 50-60mm stem on the large, and 70-80mm stem on the medium more than likely........Good luck

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ptkevin View Post
    I'm nearly 6'0 and ordered a large. At your height, you could go either way and not go wrong. Smaller for shorter wheelbase, tighter handling, more fun descending & jumping .....bigger for more stability, easier ability to get stretched out for better climbing. You'll be running a short 50-60mm stem on the large, and 70-80mm stem on the medium more than likely........Good luck
    I ended up putting a deposit down on a large carbon 7.1. I would rather use a shorter stem if necessary. I will post an update once I get the bike.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    I'm 5'8. I demo'd a large Sight. The large felt good. I bought a medium based on sizing charts and LBS input. The medium is the proper size for me.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    5' 8" I ride a medium carbon 7.1
    fits great

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I'm 5'11" with a M. I have a 55mm stem on it and it feels a bit cramped on long distance rides. I really want to swap out for a large. So if anyone has the opposite problem let me know!

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Rusty why not try tossing a longer stem on your medium? I'm 6' and on a large with an 80mm stem, but I've got a long reach in general...
    ride, eat, sleep, repeat

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Hey there. I'm 6"2. I had a Large but sold it for an XL. My reach is a little long for my height (as if I was 6'4") so I was running a 100mm stem. Too much. The new bike hasn't arrived yet, but I think it's going to be perfect for me.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    I'm 5'5" and 29 inseam, from what I saw that this bike is a little bit shorter in cockpit than other bikes.
    My prefer is on low and longer frame, with a shorter stem (say 50mm)
    So should I go for Small (seems slightly short)?? or Medium (seems too large)??

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Where are you ordering just the frame?

Albany West Oz
    Just for the record, I am 6'1" and I ordered the XL after always riding Large, apart from absolutely loving this bike it really seems to fit me. 50mm stem was and is the only change I am making. Awesome ride.
    Don't grow up, it's a trap.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I'm 5'11" with a 33" inseam. Bought a large changed out the 90mm stem with a 70mm and the fit is perfect.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Anyone know what length of stem is spec'd on the XL this year?

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Not sure on the XL, but on the large, a 90mm stem comes standard. I'd guess 90 or 100mm on the XL. Like Logan H, I'm 5'11.5", and I ride a large and with a 70mm stem it feels dialed.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Posted this on another thread but this is obviously more appropriate.
    6'2" w 32 inseam and longish wingspan. Demoed a medium and had a ton of fun but my back wasn't to happy. Lots of years and miles on Bmx makes me seem like I want smaller for the fun factor of throwing it around. Don't do more than 1k climbs to earn ca single track downs. Like carving and hiting all the fun small jumps and turn every little obstacle into a jump. Some shuttle to more ca single track hopefully in this bikes future. So what u guys suggest size wise?

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by andeschau View Post
    I'm 5'5" and 29 inseam, from what I saw that this bike is a little bit shorter in cockpit than other bikes.
    I am a bit taller than you, and ride a Small Range. For some reason the Sight feels smaller than the Range. I think it depends on how you want the bike to feel: the medium would work, and be good on longer flowy rides. But for fun on the downhill, flicking it about etc, I think the small would also work

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by andeschau View Post
    Did you end up going small or medium? I'm 5'5" as well and like to run a 50mm stem. I'm going back and forth between the small or medium...Thanks!