Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkrobe View Post
    Norco is showing their 2014 line to dealers this week in Vancouver. Reviews, specs and pics should be out soon...
    Any update on this? Any info get leaked out?

mtbr member
    I just posted my review of my Sight Killer B-1
    HERE

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I have a shiny new 2014 Sight Alloy 7.1 sitting in my garage waiting for me to take it for a demo ride tomorrow. I've got to say, it's a sweet bike and big step up from old bike. One thing I was surprised about was the weight. I make it out to be about 13.8kg (30.4lbs). But then it's packing a lot of travel, a burly frame and those sweet 650b hoops. I'm meant to be test riding a Stumpjumper 29er next weekend, so the comparison will be interesting.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    What size frame did you get. I have a large 2013 sight b-3 and it weighs in just over 33 lbs stock.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Just got my used b-1 frame in the mail yesterday! Anyone know what the cable guide under the driveside chainstay is for? Looks like the newer frames don't have it.

I love the frame but the cable routing is pretty terrible. I can see whey they changed it up for 2014.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rusty904 View Post
    Just got my used b-1 frame in the mail yesterday! Anyone know what the cable guide under the driveside chainstay is for? Looks like the newer frames don't have it.

On the 2013 frames its for the Bionicon C-guide. The B1 came with it installed (and possibly the B2) the B3 it was an add on if you wanted it.

http://bionicon.com/parts/c-guide.html

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    The 2014 Sight 7.1 that I had was a Large. It was on loan as a demo bike. It was a really fun ride. I rode a Specialized Camber today. It's hard to compare the two as they are at different ends of the "trail" segment but in general I found the both rolled over obstacles well. I didn't find the 29er significantly better.

I found the Sight much easier to launch from jumps and drop offs than the Camber. The extra mass of the Camber's 29" wheels was quite noticeable. The Sight felt pretty easy in comparison.

In general I felt like I had to muscle the Camber around a lot more than the Sight. Perhaps it was the leverage of the nice wide bars but I never felt like I was fighting with the Sight to get it going where I needed it to.

The Camber's 29" wheels felt a bit slower to accelerate. Again, I didn't get that sense with the Sight's 650b wheels.

Comparing Strava times is probably a dodgy way of comparing the two, especially given that today's ride on the Camber was by myself whilst Sunday's ride on the Sight was with a couple of buddies. On the couple the segments that I think there was a fair comparison (continuous section of trail where I didn't have to stop and wait for others to catch up) the Sight was faster. Perhaps it's no coincidence that these segments featured a fair amount of downhill.

So all in all, whilst I was pleasantly surprised by the Camber, I really liked the Sight. I think if I was looking for a ride at the XC end of the Trail/AM segment then a 29er would probably make a lot of sense. At the gravity end though, the 650b wheels are a great choice.

My $$$ are (hopefully) going towards a Sight.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    So I'm working on building up my used B-1 frame and I have a few questions.

First off, how are people routing the lines for the reverb? The used frame I bought came with one and a ton of slack. Should I take it all the way towards the BB and up the downtube or just route it along the TT?

Also, I really don't like how the X-shaped guide just wedges the cable against the frame, I also think they look kinda clunky. I'd like to replace them with the other type of guide (the kind that is on the drive side near the headtube.) I don't have a norco dealer but does anyone know where I could get extra guides ot that type?

What's the little black bolt near the BB on the non-driveside for?

Finally, I noticed that some of the bolts on my suspension linkages were loose. Anyone have torque specs on those?

Hopefully I'll have this thing built by friday if my wheelset is ready!

mtbr member
    So I'm working on building up my used B-1 frame and I have a few questions.

First off, how are people routing the lines for the reverb? The used frame I bought came with one and a ton of slack. Should I take it all the way towards the BB and up the downtube or just route it along the TT?
    Pictured below is how my LBS routed my Reverb line. They had just got back from a demo day with Norco, and said that is how they were recommending to run the line down the TT.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sight Killer B anyone?-reverb-routing.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Hill-Pumper View Post
    Pictured below is how my LBS routed my Reverb line. They had just got back from a demo day with Norco, and said that is how they were recommending to run the line down the TT.
    Looks clean that way, obviously the guy I bought mine from was running his differently judging by all the slack.

This guy has his done up internally somehow. Wonder if he did it custom b/c I would love that setup.

Norco Sight 650 XL 2013 UPGRADED - Pinkbike

mtbr member
    Looks clean that way, obviously the guy I bought mine from was running his differently judging by all the slack.

This guy has his done up internally somehow. Wonder if he did it custom b/c I would love that setup.

Norco Sight 650 XL 2013 UPGRADED - Pinkbike
    The original routing from Norco was under the down tube. It might explain the extra length that you have on yours. The bike that you linked has listed a RockShox Reverb Steath internally routed dropper post. He most likely had to drill a couple holes in the frame, but it looks nice and clean.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Yeah i may look into getting a stealth dropper post at some point. The less cables/lines i have flopping around the better.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    ...What's the little black bolt near the BB on the non-driveside for? ...
    It's a spare derailleur hanger bolt

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    BTW, I don't see a dropper post lever on that sight in the pinkbike classifieds.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Just ordered a Sight Carbon 7.2 (preferred the Range, but only available in alloy). Arrive mid November so can't wait!

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Being local, I spoke to the seller of that Sight with the internally-routed Reverb - definitely an option if you bought the frame used since it's already out of warranty. After a few bad experiences with different RS Reverbs I decided to sell the one that came on my B1 and replaced it with a KS LEV. I first routed it as pictured above along the TT but have since re-routed it down the down tube and up the seattube using the guides. With the fixed cable length of the LEV I don't have to worry about excess cable housing getting caught up on roots/rocks under the BB.

Loving this bike, will get some pics and the build details up shortly.
    ride, eat, sleep, repeat

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Sight Killer B anyone?-image3.jpegSight Killer B anyone?-image2.jpegMine's done and I love it so far! Almost all used parts aside from the hope/flow EX wheelset and the take off fox 34. Running 1x10 with a wolftooth direct mount chainring up front. Rear end is super plush but I'm waiting for the fork to catch up, hopefully just needs to be broken in. I really wanted the pike but I got the 34 for $350 so I'm not complaining. I'm looking to find the right tire setup for it. What's everyone running?

CAMBr Trail Crew
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image3.jpeg 
Views:	1124 
Size:	144.4 KB 
ID:	838128Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image2.jpeg 
Views:	1224 
Size:	195.0 KB 
ID:	838129Mine's done and I love it so far! Almost all used parts aside from the hope/flow EX wheelset and the take off fox 34. Running 1x10 with a wolftooth direct mount chainring up front. Rear end is super plush but I'm waiting for the fork to catch up, hopefully just needs to be broken in. I really wanted the pike but I got the 34 for $350 so I'm not complaining. I'm looking to find the right tire setup for it. What's everyone running?
    Yeah, I know I'm jealous! Nice bike...! Btw, what size frame is that?

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    It's a medium, I think it fits me perfect with super wide bars and a 55mm stem.

Formerly PaintPeelinPbody
    Quote Originally Posted by kavika View Post
    Just ordered a Sight Carbon 7.2 (preferred the Range, but only available in alloy). Arrive mid November so can't wait!
    Why couldn't your dealer get the Range Carbon? Not available yet?
    I do custom ArcGIS and Google Maps, including data collection and sustainable trail layout. Ride Welsh Mountain

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Carbon Range are not being released in New Zealand or Oz unfortunately. Shipment on the Sight has been put back until March for my order, so have cancelled and going SB-66C instead now.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by PHeller View Post
    Why couldn't your dealer get the Range Carbon? Not available yet?
    According to my LBS, the carbon Range is not projected to be released until March of 2014.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kavika View Post
    Carbon Range are not being released in New Zealand or Oz unfortunately. Shipment on the Sight has been put back until March for my order, so have cancelled and going SB-66C instead now.
    Whoa, that sucks. I'm waiting on a Sight Alloy. I'm really hoping that they're not delayed until next year too.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by trained_monkey View Post
    Whoa, that sucks. I'm waiting on a Sight Alloy. I'm really hoping that they're not delayed until next year too.
    They're not delayed in Sydney Australia as I'm getting mine this weekend! =D I've tried the Green/yellow Sight Alloy 7.2 in the shop and that already felt amazing. The Sight Alloy 7.1 will be a blast guaranteed. I will take pictures of it after I get it dirty.

Although just a question, I've been to 3 LBS and they've all recommended the sight over the range (which I really liked) even being very similar bikes except for the head angle, the travel and the Range being slightly heavier, i think by 2kgs. Would you guys know why? I really wanted the Range but I purchased the Sight 7.1 because If I was gonna be DH orientated, as the Range was designed for, I'd rather buy a proper DH bike and use that.

Formerly PaintPeelinPbody
    The Range's extra weight, lowered BB, and more plush suspension tuning just make it a little slower, that's all. That being said, I think you could tune a Range to plenty competitive on the right terrain and with the Carbon version get it down to 27lbs.
    I do custom ArcGIS and Google Maps, including data collection and sustainable trail layout. Ride Welsh Mountain

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast