Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    jdcatnau, glad to see you're getting some pedal time. I thought I would give you and others a little heads up about the B-3. I purchased mine back in February and rode it 4 times making small adjustments here and there in order to get everything feeling comfortable. Once I felt comfortable with the bike, I went on a weekend trip to Ellijay, Ga. to push things a bit. My non-drive side crank arm fell off while I was pedaling uphill.

The center crank bolt that holds the arm on worked itself loose and then the last few threads were pulled off. As my crank arm fell off, the end of the splines rounded off as well. While inspecting the damage, I also noticed that many of the teeth on my large chain ring were worn nearly in half. That ended my trip.

I contacted the shop I bought the bike from and told them what happened. I sent the crankset back to them and asked them to warranty the parts and send replacements. It took two months to get my parts back. They said the FSA crankset was no longer available and sent a Truvativ X-9 crankset as a replacement.

The bottom line...keep and eye on the tapered bolt that keeps the crank-arm pressed onto the splined shaft as well as the chainring wear.

mtbr member

Sight Killer B anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Zlq06 View Post

The bottom line...keep and eye on the tapered bolt that keeps the crank-arm pressed onto the splined shaft as well as the chainring wear.
    No worries, I swapped the FSA cranks out for some Shimano SLX cranks.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    My sight killer has a threaded bb, I thought it was to be a press fit?

mtbr member
    I have been watching this tread for a while, and must have read it three times. First with intrigue, second with lust, and now with envy for those who own this bike. I have narrowed my choice down to a B-2 or B-3 for the frame and building it the way I want. I was able to contact Norco and ask when the 2014's were going to come out. They said LATE FALL at the EARLIEST. Anyway, those that have them, enjoy them, and thanks for posting all the great info about the bike. I may end up waiting till the end of the year before getting one, or may consider another Giant depending on what they come up with in inch travel bike with 650B.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    ^2014 Sight 650B will come in carbon flavours, with and without front derailleur mounts and internal cable routing. Giant looks to have 650B Trance and Reign like bikes with carbon fronts floating around the internet, OD2 steerers are keeping me away.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by PUNKY View Post
    ^2014 Sight 650B will come in carbon flavours, with and without front derailleur mounts and internal cable routing. Giant looks to have 650B Trance and Reign like bikes with carbon fronts floating around the internet, OD2 steerers are keeping me away.
    Yeah, the OD2 seems to be the answer for a problem that doesn't exist. Anyway, I have put in a call to a buddy at my LBS who is having the Norco rep see if he can dig one up from another dealer. If that fails, I may have found one that is a three hour drive from me. Hopefully, my LBS comes through and I won't need to make that drive.

mtbr member
    Just a little update, I guess the bike gods must like me, because my buddy at the LBS just called and said they were able to locate a B-2 in my size. I have committed to buy it, and am heading out to put a deposit down. Pics, ride reports and so forth to follow!

Edit: Looks like the locator was wrong, the bike is not in stock.

mtbr member

Sight Killer B anyone?

Sweet hill pumper! You'll really enjoy it.

Edit: d'oh bummer hill pumper!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jdcatnau View Post
    Sweet hill pumper! You'll really enjoy it.

Edit: d'oh bummer hill pumper!
    jdcatnau, it looks like the there is a silver lining in all this. I got a call this afternoon from my LBS. The Norco rep found another B-2 for me, but he felt so bad about the whole deal that he extended an offer though the LBS to sell me a B-1 at a great discount. It was to good of a deal to pass up. I should take delivery in two weeks.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Silver Lining

mtbr member

Sight Killer B anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Hill-Pumper View Post
    jdcatnau, it looks like the there is a silver lining in all this. I got a call this afternoon from my LBS. The Norco rep found another B-2 for me, but he felt so bad about the whole deal that he extended an offer though the LBS to sell me a B-1 at a great discount. It was to good of a deal to pass up. I should take delivery in two weeks.
    That's awesome!

mtbr member

Sight Killer B anyone?

I'm still loving this bike!
    Sight Killer B anyone?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1373395140.021301.jpg

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    This bike is extremely high on my radar. I want to demo one (tough as not many shops have them here in Atl. but man I rode one for a quick loop and it was the best riding bike I have ever been on.

The Solo is also on my list. Great looking bike as well.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jdcatnau View Post
    I'm still loving this bike!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373395140.021301.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	98.4 KB 
ID:	814757
    What do you think of the Sektor?

mtbr member
    Picked up my B-1 today, and did the initial sag setting among other things. I was able to take it out tonight on its maiden voyage which put a huge smile on my face. I'm happy to report that all the hype about this bike seems to be spot on. The things climbs like no tomorrow. I set two Strava PR's on cat 4 fire road climbs. Plus, another PR on a single track decent.
    With a few more things dialed in, this should be the perfect bike for me.
    I would go into more details, but I'm toast after tonight's ride. So, for now I'll just post a pic from when I picked it up at the LBS, and fill in info as I get more rides in.

mtbr member

Sight Killer B anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Hill-Pumper View Post
    Picked up my B-1 today, and did the initial sag setting among other things. I was able to take it out tonight on its maiden voyage which put a huge smile on my face. I'm happy to report that all the hype about this bike seems to be spot on. The things climbs like no tomorrow. I set two Strava PR's on cat 4 fire road climbs. Plus, another PR on a single track decent.
    With a few more things dialed in, this should be the perfect bike for me.
    I would go into more details, but I'm toast after tonight's ride. So, for now I'll just post a pic from when I picked it up at the LBS, and fill in info as I get more rides in.
    Looks sweet!

mtbr member

Sight Killer B anyone?

I got to demo a Sight Killer B with SRAM XX1. I instantly felt comfortable on the bike. I'm not sure if it was the XX1 or the bike it's self but she climbed like a Billy goat. And descended like a Beast.
    http://youtu.be/ChKByb_SQLQ
    Sight Killer B anyone?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1373733849.164150.jpg
    Sight Killer B anyone?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1373733889.763875.jpg
    Sight Killer B anyone?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1373733939.479877.jpg

mtbr member

Sight Killer B anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Atl-Biker View Post
    What do you think of the Sektor?
    As long as you don't need the latest and greatest, it works fine. You can also buy a different damper for $80-120 and change it out. Basically a heavier revelation.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Great looking trail to bad it is 400 miles away from me

Off the back...
    Norco is showing their 2014 line to dealers this week in Vancouver. Reviews, specs and pics should be out soon...

mtbr member

Sight Killer B anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by pinkrobe View Post
    Norco is showing their 2014 line to dealers this week in Vancouver. Reviews, specs and pics should be out soon...
    I'm I interested to see what changes, if any, they will have for the sight killer b. There's the carbon model, but will the alum models have internal cable routing as well, seat post dropper internal routing??

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Ill be watching for the press release on the carbon models for sure!!

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Djg24 View Post
    Ill be watching for the press release on the carbon models for sure!!
    This!!!

Also, anyone have any info about release dates?

mjw
    mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    These bikes are so hard to get. I ordered mine in April, and it JUST came in this past week. One of the last ones produced for the season. I ordered a Range Killer B 2. Out on several rides so far, and the thing works well. My last two trail bikes were a SC Nomad, and a Banshee Rune, and I can tell you this bike should keep up well. The one thing I miss the most however is having a CCDB on board. I suspect I'll purchase the air version in September when they release the one with the climb switch. Otherwise, I changed my grips, and I have a KS LEV dropper post on the way. =)

Pics to come!

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    an update on the sight killer b 1. Have had the bike for about 4 months now, with about 1000 miles under the belt, still loving the way this bike feels and would not consider anything else.

But there have being a few problems!? the Revelation RCT3 's have being back to sram twice with motion control problems, they have jammed in lockout, some thing to do with the low speed compression needle - they are with sram as i write this. Sram turned it around very quickly the first time, it was back to me in a matter of days, but they have had them a bit longer this time. That said the forks are great, they take a bit to dial in, but when you get them right, they are right up there. The main problem I have had, is with the hubs. I cannot say a good word about the sun ringle charger hub, despite packing them with grease and sealing them they started running rough after about 6 - 8 weeks.
    When i first took the rear hub apart it looked like it had come off a 10 yr old bike not a 2 month old bike, recently when trying to remove the cassette it had dug into the drive body so much that it is impossible to remove it without destroying it. The drive body on my 4 year old 300 hardtail is in far better condition. this is not the first time I have heard about problems with these hubs, bike radar had the same issue when they tested a set.
    Sun Ringle Charger Wheelset Review - BikeRadar

The hubs have now being swapped out with DT Swiss, cannot report back yet, as the forks as still away.
    Should these faults occur on a 3500 bike after 3 month - No. would I hand the bike back because of this - No, it is that good.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast