Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    They filled all the orders for the Sight 650B this year. If your shop didn't put in an order, they wont be getting one this year. I've seen a few Sight 650B for sale in shops now.

Anyway, great to see Norco getting more sales in the states, I really had no idea outside of Washington state that people were into them

mtbr member

Sight Killer B anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by PUNKY View Post
    They filled all the orders for the Sight 650B this year. If your shop didn't put in an order, they wont be getting one this year. I've seen a few Sight 650B for sale in shops now.

Anyway, great to see Norco getting more sales in the states, I really had no idea outside of Washington state that people were into them
    So I should still get mine if I ordered late February/early march?

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jdcatnau View Post
    So I should still get mine if I ordered late February/early march?
    No idea. Your LBS & their distributor should hopefully be filling you in on the status updates by now.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I'm south of the city in Washington Co...ride mostly Mingo Creek...South Park and Bavington.
    Glad you snagged a bike.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Hi there .I am new to this forum and saw this thread, I just brought this bike over two weeks ago, after testing this, a 2013 specialized stumpy 29, 2012 blur lt, and 2013 rumblefish pro. - all great bikes but the Norco felt right. I have ridden about 175 miles on this bike, so it is early days.
    But thought I would drop a post to let you know.
    This bike is just great, to ride and handle. it is not perfect , but these imperfections do not affect it's primary aim, and that is in my opinion to put a massive smile on your face, have fun, and push yourself harder and faster through I have yet to find it's limits.
    I am not a hardcore ex competition downhill rider, and see myself as a rec mountain biker, who enjoys the downs more than the ups, enjoys short 1-2 hr blasts as well as long all day epics I will have a go at most things within reason.
    Now for the bike, it is the sight killer b 1 with xt throughout in an xl frame, no idea of weight.
    the frame is real solid - totally bomb proof, I have hit flat faces hard on this bike, and it does not flex, it may not be the lightest out here, but I am not that bothered. I have done a couple of rides with 5000ft + elevation and never once wished it was lighter. The chainstay is short compared with some bikes I have ridden (I do not have a vast catalogue like some folk). the short chain stays do make the front end light on very steep climbs in the very lowest gears, some people may prefer a more planted feel, but I like that lightness, helps get wheels up over rocks /obstacles easier, also there seems to be less rear wheel slip if you get out of the saddle.
    Downhill and handling is where this bike hits the sweet spot. it flows over everything, you are not sat on it but in it, for me to get this feel is hard, I am 6ft 4, 205 llbs, it also wants to be ridden at speed and hard. It likes you to shift your weight around on it, like a good 1000cc road superbike, and rewards you if you do. It definitely encourages you to push your limits. - it has not all being perfect, the handlebars at 785mm wide were wider than I had previously used and this resulted in a couple of initial tree hits - I just have to remember to put my hands at the ends, or cut em down a bit, the handlebars that is.

The rims came stock with the bike - sun Sun Charger Pro, they seem light - have not compared them to others though. and so far have never showed any weakness, very easy to convert to tubeless, the bike came with schwable 2.35 knobby nic snakeskins, so just a case a removing the inner tube, stick in the stans fluid, inflate and off you go, they are running at 26 and 28 psi and never lost a drop.

- the negatives - the hoses on the handlebars look like spaghetti junction, the slack hose on the dropper post, drops underneath the bike when the seat is down, and could get snagged. this is easily sorted by putting a tight cable tie at the base of the seat post.
    Some nut tends to work loose very easily, if no loc-tight is applied. The rockshox Revelation RCT3 forks do dive a bit if you like to use for front brake a lots, though i think this would improve with a bit more fine turning. the 140mm of front travel will be right 90% of the time but from time to time you wish you had a little more, I can total understand a 160mm build at the front, though I have no intentions of doing this at the moment.

I have tried to avoid the old debate of 26 vs 27.5 vs 29 wheel size pros and cons , to avoid opening up a giant can of worms, but for me I also have a 29 hardtail, I am not trying to win any races so 27.5 is perfect for fun trail riding, but gives you the feeling whether real or not that you can cover ground when you want too.
    This is a great bike if you just want to get out there push yourself hard, and put massive smiles on your face, oh and if you can get past the hoses on the handlebars it looks pretty good too.

mtbr member

Sight Killer B anyone?

Wahoo! Mine ships next week!

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    you will love it!! - enjoy

mtbr member

Sight Killer B anyone?

Tomorrow is the big day! I can't wait! I'll get some pics up after the build. I was only guaranteed a B3 so I bought some upgrades to get the bike close to the B2 that I really wanted. I ran out of money for a new fork so hopefully the RS Sektor can hold up for a summer.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jdcatnau View Post
    I ran out of money for a new fork so hopefully the RS Sektor can hold up for a summer.
    No complaints here so far on the Sektor

mtbr member

Sight Killer B anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by synnie View Post
    No complaints here so far on the Sektor
    Good to know synnie, can't wait to ride it! On FedEx truck waiting for delivery.

mtbr member

Sight Killer B anyone?

A quick pic. Bike is at my LBS to have the brake lines cut. I still need to tidy it up a bit when I pick it up tomorrow for the weekend.
    Sight Killer B anyone?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1369358624.426754.jpg

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Im considering of getting myself a Sight Killer B.
    Is there some other differences between frames than color?

I just can't understand how the Yellow B-1 frameset is more expensive that the whole B-3 bike. Allthough there is that dropper post included and more expensive shock.
    Beside that I already have a quite Yellow bike so the shiny B-3 frame would be nice. I just throw in some nice gear from my shelf, let's say XO/Elixir9/RP23 and the new Pike maybe. And use that B-3 stuff to convert some of my other not so significant bike to 650b

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Always cheaper to buy whole and swap parts. The only difference I've seen noted between the frames is the B2 (maybe B1) have their rear shock mount welded opposite from the B3. Of course.. the dropper and shock alone are worth what.. $600 more than the B2/B1?

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    And there is always some value in those cheapo parts also. When you replace them you get to put them on some other bike or sell onwards. Maybe not worth much, but hey.
    Sektor is plenty good fork though.

jdcatnau: Is that L or XL?

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    The frames come with the dropper post, the b3 doesn't have the dropper post

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Yeah, maybe those come at least close to explaining the pricing for frameset and B3.
    But happy to hear that there is no real difference in frames themselves.
    Might just get myself a B3, strip it almost totally when new, and putting in 2x10 X0 drivetrain, rp23, custom 650b wheels with great Hope's hubs and Rockshox's new Pike fork.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Thats what I did & slowly changing it out, already sub 29.5 lbs mainly due to a new wheelset & cassette and where I ride a dropper post would not be much of an advantage. I really like the bike

mtbr member
    Just got a B2 here in Vermont about 2 weeks ago. I ordered it back in February and was beginning to wonder if I would ever see it. I had a few "plan Bs" in case the Killer B didn't show up. Patience is not my strong point and there were times I debated buying something else. I'm really glad I waited. So far I've been having more fun on this bike than anything else I have owned in 25 years of trail riding. I've come back from every ride grinning from ear to ear. I can't say exactly why the bike rides so well. I'm sure it's combination of everything; wheel size, frame geometry, and longer travel. I've been riding a Norco Faze 2 for two seasons and it's fine bike but the Killer B is way more stable and fun on the rooty rocky trails we have around here. The clutched derailleur and chain guide are amazing, no more chain noise and flawless shifting. I'm looking forward to many more days out on the trail with this bike!

mtbr member

Sight Killer B anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsson View Post
    And there is always some value in those cheapo parts also. When you replace them you get to put them on some other bike or sell onwards. Maybe not worth much, but hey.
    Sektor is plenty good fork though.

jdcatnau: Is that L or XL?
    It's a large. I replaced a lot of parts on mine. I REALLY like my bike. I think I need to check oil levels in my fork, it sounds like a boxer sparring with someone when it compresses.

mtbr member

Sight Killer B anyone?

Has anyone tried running the cable to the dropper post like this? I'm a little afraid it might catch some rocks.
    Sight Killer B anyone?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1371779018.203853.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Shorten the cable so it runs thru the shock mount on the frame before going up the down tube, if you are concerned about the cable length

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    XL's ETT looks massive 647mm! I usually ride L/XL frames, but nothing that long. My current bikes have ETT's around 610mm-630mm.

What sort of stems are you using with these, and what Norco puts in these when they ship them?

There is always that Large, put long ETT means I can have zero setback dropperpost and short stem, and that way keeping the center of gravity same and the feeling familiar without going to long overhang XC cabin
    Otherwise the XL is just my size.

edit. was looking them Range topics, and now wondering how much room there is for longer shock in Sight. Can someone take of the other end of the shock and see what happens when extending the eye-to-eye?
    I have a feeling that the rocker goes over it's designed pivot point as it's already pretty much in line with chainstays as standard.
    Not that it matters, but would be nice to know
    Last edited by Tomsson; 06-21-2013 at 03:46 AM.

mtbr member

Sight Killer B anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by PUNKY View Post
    Shorten the cable so it runs thru the shock mount on the frame before going up the down tube, if you are concerned about the cable length
    Good thought. I'll test out my way this weekend and see if there are any issues. The cable in my pic is how much the cable would hang down when the seat is compressed (I didn't have the other end of the cable secured to the lever).

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    ^I can't recall how the cable was run on the one I demo'ed but it had a Reverb on it. You could run it tighter through the main triangle, but it could rub on the shock body or shaft then. Plus it would put the cable at some weird angle coming from underneath the down tube to the seat post. The bb will be lower under full compression as well.

I've got the Reverb hose coiled around the posts on both my bikes. Both run the hose down the toptube, it just keeps the hose out of the way better

mtbr member

Sight Killer B anyone?

I had the original cable from KS zip tied to my rear derailuer cable. However, when the suspension compressed it caused both cables to bend outward which caused my rear brake line to rub against my rear tire and non-drive side frame. After 7 rides I thought I would change the routing since I had some longer cable housing laying around and the frame has the housing guides on the seat tube and down tube. I'll report back next week if its a success.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast