mtbr member
    Dec 2013

Sight B-3 rear triangle movement?

I've a 2013 Sight B-3. A few people have pointed out movement in the rear triangle, not sure where it's coming from. At one point we thought maybe it was the hub, but discounted that.

Last time I had it to the shop, they tightened one bolt, (that I think pushes down on the through axle), but I wasn't convinced. Anyway, someone mentioned it to me again, and I have to bring the bike in for service in any case as the wheel isn't true any more. Just wondering if anyone has come across this, and might help me point the LBS in the right direction?

From what I can tell, the pivot points are tight.

Thanks in advance.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Check the lower FSR rear pivot. That bearing has a bolt that goes in from both sides. It will wear the seatstay out after a while and cause side to side play. When this happens the bearing will push out with your finger. We have seen this happen a couple times but it was on a range both times.

Let me know if I can help,

Matt
    Billy Goat Bikes

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketmatt17 View Post
    Check the lower FSR rear pivot. That bearing has a bolt that goes in from both sides. It will wear the seatstay out after a while and cause side to side play. When this happens the bearing will push out with your finger. We have seen this happen a couple times but it was on a range both times.

Let me know if I can help,

Matt
    Billy Goat Bikes
    Bike shop says it was the upper pivot that has Lock/360 on it. (What's that for anyway, I can turn it, but as far as I know it doesn't lock anything).

There is still just a little bit of movement, which he says is normal with through axles?

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Sounds like a similar problem to what i had, there seemed to be a small about of play in the rear triangle when i lifted the bike by the seat tube. I checked all the bolts (or thought I did) . it turned out to be one of the inner dropout pivot bolts, in this case on the drive side

You need two same sized allen keys to tighten, one for the inner side and one to oppose on the outer side. only needed quarter turn but made all the difference, no movement at all now. only problem is that is can work loose, even with threadlock on, so it is now part of the pre ride check.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    I would Also check to make sure you shocks DU bushings are not worn. I have this same issue on my Nomad when they would wear. check all the cheap easy stuff first!