Thread: Range or Sight?

mtbr member
    Aug 2011

Range or Sight?

i'm wondering how different these bikes are going to be. how much climbing ability is lost to the Sight, and descending lost to the Range? seem mighty close... anyone have any back to back time?

mtbr member
    I have been on both and have a Sight. If you are only looking to have one bike and plan to spend some time at Parks and Descending more than climbing I would go for a Range. I plan to take a Aurum and put 650Bs on it soon, so for me to own a 160mm bike and a DH bike, it doesn't make sense. That is why I own a 140mm bike. I personally didn't feel the Sight with stepper HT and less travel would hold me back on the descents too. I also felt the Sight would be better for me to race Enduros and Super Ds on. With that being said I have bumped the travel to 150mm on the front and put a DHX Air on the rear, so its not to far off to the Range now.

Both bike climb well and descend well, so ether way you will be happy with ether bike.

Cecil
    Get out and ride a 650B!

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    how much does your weigh?

mtbr member
    When done with all Carbon parts about 27lbs.

Cecil

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Anyone no of a shop that has size large in the killer b's? Sight or Range

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I could think of a few shops in Canada. Maybe tell us your location

I found the Sight gave up very little to my Range on the descents. I didn't like the 38t 2x10 gearing though

North Van/Whistler
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by cunningstunts View Post
    i'm wondering how different these bikes are going to be. how much climbing ability is lost to the Sight, and descending lost to the Range? seem mighty close... anyone have any back to back time?
    They are really close. Go what Fclinder said
    Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides http://mtbtrails.ca/

mtbr member
    Here you go guys. A sneak peak. I still have to install the Fox DHX Air and Drop Travel on the fork to 150mm. Will keep the RS Reverb that came with the frame and will use it for Enduro and Super D racing. As is, its 28.5lbs. Dropper post will ad about 1lb. Loving the Carbon Cranks and Bars, with plans to add Carbon wheels once I have a little more $$ to spend on her. So far playing around on it, I know I will not be held back much at all on the Downhills. I plan to do a write up soon with lots of pics.

Cecil
    Get out and ride a 650B!

inexperienced at large
    Apr 2011
    I've been on a Range for 23 months now and I still love it. Of course I've gone ahead and replaced every part on it, except for the headset and seat-tube collar-but it's a sick bike.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by FCLINDER View Post
    Here you go guys. A sneak peak. I still have to install the Fox DHX Air and Drop Travel on the fork to 150mm. Will keep the RS Reverb that came with the frame and will use it for Enduro and Super D racing. As is, its 28.5lbs. Dropper post will ad about 1lb. Loving the Carbon Cranks and Bars, with plans to add Carbon wheels once I have a little more $$ to spend on her. So far playing around on it, I know I will not be held back much at all on the Downhills. I plan to do a write up soon with lots of pics.

Cecil
    Very nice Cecil. How do you like those Loaded wheels? What hubs are you running with them? That's definitely the frame I want, but might wait on it. I need to sell my Niner first, and I know that stock is low, and from what I've heard, batch 2 is already oversold.

Can you list the parts that you went with for your build?
    http://kevinboyer.zenfolio.com/

*2014 Knolly Endorphin...Custom Build*
    *2013 Intense Spider 29...Custom Build*