Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    30

    Range Killer B a month in

    Hi all had the Norco a month now & loving it





    first ride today on the General Lee 40t cassette and Wolf Tooth components 30t (xx1) type ring. Shifts as good as the rest of the sram cogs, silent drivetrain, no chain drop & so smooth without a chain device. Weight as is 30.1lb large frame

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    295
    Nice. Had to google that General Lee cassette as I'd never heard of it before.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: olijay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    365
    Wow that is a beautiful setup, I love your drivetrain. Is that setup very expensive? Is the cassette on level with XTR or X0?

    I don't know why, but I seriously want a Norco Sight or Range these past few weeks! Just amazing looking bikes that I'm sure rip it up.

  4. #4
    krj
    krj is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: krj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    89
    Which chain are you using with this drivetrain setup ?

    10v or 11v ?

    Thks in advance

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by olijay View Post
    Wow that is a beautiful setup, I love your drivetrain. Is that setup very expensive? Is the cassette on level with XTR or X0?

    I don't know why, but I seriously want a Norco Sight or Range these past few weeks! Just amazing looking bikes that I'm sure rip it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by krj View Post
    Which chain are you using with this drivetrain setup ?

    10v or 11v ?

    Thks in advance
    The General Lee casette replaces the last 4 cogs on a Sram block costs $190, that with a normal 10s speed chain & the wooftooth front ring gets all of the benefits of XX1 apart from the 10t rear cog for about a 1000 bucks less. Anti drop front chainring does exactly what its supposed to, everyone is bringing a version out in a month or so. Cheers.

  6. #6
    inexperienced at large
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,796
    Hopped on a Range Killer B recently, thought it was pretty cool. I've been on a 2011 Range for 2 years now. Still loving it.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,849
    Holy....Freaking..... Cow! Super nice build. Beautiful bike. Not supposed to covet.... but dang that one has be drooling.
    31 lbs is a pretty good weight for a 6" 650b bike.
    Have you posted a complete build list anywhere?

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    Holy....Freaking..... Cow! Super nice build. Beautiful bike. Not supposed to covet.... but dang that one has be drooling.
    31 lbs is a pretty good weight for a 6" 650b bike.
    Have you posted a complete build list anywhere?
    Cheers KRob
    Bought the whole bike & swaped out the parts I didn't like from my previous (cracked)Intense

    Frame Norco Range killer B large
    Fork Fox 34 talas
    Headset Cane Creek 40
    Wheels Sun Charger Pro (stickers off!)
    Tyres Schwalbe Hans dampf 2.35 tubeless. Rims comes taped, just add valves & fluid
    Rear gear Sram x9 type 2 mech and shifter
    Cassette Sram PG1030/ General Lee 11-40t, General Lee replaces the biggest 4 cogs
    Chain Sram PG1030
    Cranks Raceface turbine
    Chainring Wolftooth 30t Drop stop
    BB Raceface
    Seatpost Rockshock Reverb 125mm
    Seat Specialized Romin Expert hollow Ti (I think)
    Stem Renthal Duo
    Bars Answer Pro taper 780
    Grips Troy Lee glow in the dark
    Brakes Shimano XT
    Discs Shimano Icetech 203 front 180 back
    Pedals Point One Podium with longer pins
    30.1 lbs
    Todays ride
    Range Killer B a month in-20130518_134029.jpg

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    30
    Summer wheels on, Chinese carbon wheels & Ardents knocked a pound off.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Range Killer B a month in-20130606_195423.jpg  


  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by amrt View Post
    Cheers KRob
    Bought the whole bike & swaped out the parts I didn't like from my previous (cracked)Intense

    Frame Norco Range killer B large
    Fork Fox 34 talas
    Headset Cane Creek 40
    Wheels Sun Charger Pro (stickers off!)
    Tyres Schwalbe Hans dampf 2.35 tubeless. Rims comes taped, just add valves & fluid
    Rear gear Sram x9 type 2 mech and shifter
    Cassette Sram PG1030/ General Lee 11-40t, General Lee replaces the biggest 4 cogs
    Chain Sram PG1030
    Cranks Raceface turbine
    Chainring Wolftooth 30t Drop stop
    BB Raceface
    Seatpost Rockshock Reverb 125mm
    Seat Specialized Romin Expert hollow Ti (I think)
    Stem Renthal Duo
    Bars Answer Pro taper 780
    Grips Troy Lee glow in the dark
    Brakes Shimano XT
    Discs Shimano Icetech 203 front 180 back
    Pedals Point One Podium with longer pins
    30.1 lbs
    Todays ride
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130518_134029.jpg 
Views:	437 
Size:	59.0 KB 
ID:	800180
    Happy with it for longer touring? plan to set up my Enduro 29er the same way...

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: helimech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,759
    Nice! Will have my B3 tmro and I have plenty of goodies to put on it. WooHoo.
    JRA

  12. #12
    Zombie Uprising
    Reputation: tp806's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    579
    Quote Originally Posted by helimech View Post
    Nice! Will have my B3 tmro and I have plenty of goodies to put on it. WooHoo.
    Where are the pics of the finished article?

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: helimech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,759
    Quote Originally Posted by tp806 View Post
    Where are the pics of the finished article?
    Don't mean to highjack this thread, but here ya go. Awesome bike, but has alittle pedal feedback while climbing in the rocky stuff?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Range Killer B a month in-norco.jpg  

    JRA

  14. #14
    bikeboatbrewski
    Reputation: scottybinwv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,383
    Sweet ride, been looking at this one the most for when my converted stumpy needs replaced.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    30

    10 months in just catching some sun for a couple of weeks in NZ. The only original things left of the bike are the frame, reverb and the cranks/bb but thats always the way it goes. Frame is still perfect tight, smooth, no play despite countless jetwashes. Pikes are a revelation, the Talas 34's were horrible in comparison, Pikes were so good the week after swapped out the Fox rear for a monarch to keep up. Rear mech lasted about 5 months then all the bushings developed so much slop that it wouldn't hold its indexing - replaced under warranty - I think the clutch puts too much strain on it. Wolf tooth ring lasted about 5 months also just been replaced with a raceface wide/narrow but the General Lee 40t rear is still going strong. Still loving it even more with the Rockshox.

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: socalMX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,114
    That looks much better! Now the only thing left would be a carbon frame!!!

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    92
    Enves now? What happened to the alibaba wheels?

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1
    What tune and air can did you get with the Rockshox monarch plus shock?

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    30
    tune ML

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    215

    Bushings size

    I need the shock bushings too, what size are those and where did you get them. Thanks.

    Bernardo

    Quote Originally Posted by amrt View Post

    10 months in just catching some sun for a couple of weeks in NZ. The only original things left of the bike are the frame, reverb and the cranks/bb but thats always the way it goes. Frame is still perfect tight, smooth, no play despite countless jetwashes. Pikes are a revelation, the Talas 34's were horrible in comparison, Pikes were so good the week after swapped out the Fox rear for a monarch to keep up. Rear mech lasted about 5 months then all the bushings developed so much slop that it wouldn't hold its indexing - replaced under warranty - I think the clutch puts too much strain on it. Wolf tooth ring lasted about 5 months also just been replaced with a raceface wide/narrow but the General Lee 40t rear is still going strong. Still loving it even more with the Rockshox.

Similar Threads

  1. Long(er) Travel Norco Range Killer B Mod
    By DirtyMartini in forum 27.5 - 650b
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 05-13-2014, 04:59 PM
  2. Range Killer-B shock reducers and fork a-c
    By Verttii in forum Norco
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-04-2013, 08:12 AM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-18-2013, 09:32 PM
  4. 2013 Norco Range Killer B
    By bobsaget in forum 27.5 - 650b
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-31-2013, 11:46 AM
  5. cube stereo vs norco range killer b
    By loolilon in forum 27.5 - 650b
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-02-2012, 11:10 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •