inexperienced at large
    Apr 2011

Range 3 or Fluid 1?

I have to decide which bike to get and I am rather unexperienced about all the parts, I simply like riding the current Fluid 4 that I have and want to go further. I like to do a lot of all mountain riding, but I am also looking forward to getting into some light free ride. I also do a little shore-style riding.
    could anyone help me with this decision?

http://norco.com/bikes/mountain/all-mountain/range-3/

http://norco.com/bikes/mountain/trail/fluid-1/

ffwd
    Dec 2006
    If you have the skills, the new Fluids can get a fair amount done in the light free ride dept. and has overall lighter weight. However, the Range will let you get a bit rowdier if you're planning on stepping up your game (tapered head tube/lyric/slacker head angle). It depends on what you want to gain or lose. Both are good choices though.

inexperienced at large
    Apr 2011
    I decided I am going to get the Range 3. I considered a lot of things. The fluid has better components, however I realize I could upgrade them with some after market purchases. I believe I will enjoy the longer forks and better rear suspension on the range. I am interested in checking out the new ART style of suspension on it. Thank you for your insight.

mtbr member
    Hey! I bought the Range 2 which I love.. I was in the same boat a few weeks back.

I decided to go with Range because of all the newer technology in it, although, the ART suspension system is only available on the 2,3 and SE models.. not on Range 1.. so I ended up blowing the budget.. no regrets though!

Cheers

inexperienced at large
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_monty
    Hey! I bought the Range 2 which I love.. I was in the same boat a few weeks back.

I decided to go with Range because of all the newer technology in it, although, the ART suspension system is only available on the 2,3 and SE models.. not on Range 1.. so I ended up blowing the budget.. no regrets though!

Cheers
    hah, turns out the Range 3 is the one that does NOT have the ART style of suspension. oh well. I just now found this out, but it isn't a big deal.
    I have been living life believing it had ART, and now that I know it doesn't doesn't make much of a difference