mtbr member

Rampage as a do-it-all?

Hi all,

I just found a smoking deal on a brand new Rampage frame. How well will this work as a do it all bike? I'll be mainly riding shore type trails, some XC, as some DH. I realize my build will dictate my style of riding, but generally speaking how is the frame for the styles I mentioned above?

Thanks!

Is that Bill rated?

Go for it.

I ride a Rampage frame for everything. I have done Whistler for DH rides, Fromme and Seymour for shore/freeride rides on it as well as XC rides on the Island and it is good for everything. My one caveat is that the frame I have, a 2007, is quite heavy for a hardtail frame. Not a big deal though as I don't have to worry about it from a durability standpoint.
    Well, it was a good try.

I AM I AM
    I considered one of those for my do it all bike, but as Humo there mentioned the weight was the only thing that put me off - you're looking at around 16kg, which is fine if you mainly do FR / DH etc, but I wasn't sure how much I'd get into DH and being a Woman figured I could get away with a smaller / lighter Giant STP (about 13kg rather than 16kg).

So if the weight doesn't bother you I think it would be ideal.
    I find myself now building up a DH dually and will be keeping my STP for everything else. If you think you would eventually adding another bike to your stable then maybe consider more carefully.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the input. I'm going to buy it. The frame is a 2008 on clearance for $150. Can't go wrong for the price.

I AM I AM
    That price is insane,I'd go for it too!
    Although you're probably talking in $US, however it's still a great deal.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005

150!? where??

I saw the 'bigfoot' for almost the same price, but I think the frames are slightly different, where is that clearance?