mtbr member
    May 2011

Problems with Norco Customer Service

I am sure I am one of the last people to get my Norco Team DH replaced under the 09 recall. I was supposed to be sent a replacement frame that I could swap my parts over onto what I got was an Atomik frame with a 1.5 Head Tube instead of 1 1/8, different shock and bushing spacing. The replacement frame had some really rough finishing in the head tube and bb.

After stripping my other bike down and ordering a bunch of parts which Norco really should have provided under a recall, I found that rocker arm on top of the rear suspension is wider than the bolt sent with the frame to secure the rear shock (doesn't engage the locking threads in the bolt 5mm short?) and shock bushing and spacers required are a non-standard size 57mm (out of regular tolerances?). I guess I will need to order an additional longer bushing and spacer kit and cut it down to solve that problem and search out a graded bolt the right size to replace the 84mm sent with the frame.

This situation is enough to irritate anyone especially with summer days rolling by with a bike out of commision. What really gets under my skin is the fact that emails I send to Norco's warranty/customer service dept aren't returned leaving a serious communication void. Is this normal acceptable behavior from any business? From a manufacturer of consumer products?

Based on this experience I am really soured on Norco and will probably never purchase another product from them.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    This is tough because it's now mid-2011. If they don't have the frame you need, what should they do? Better communication with you would help for a start, but then what?

@adelorenzo
    Why isn't the shop where you bought the bike dealing with this? I'd expect my shop to do it (and they would).