mtbr member

Overkill for a sight killer b?

I'm playing around with the idea of adding a CCDB air with CS to my sight b3. Is it too much overkill and will it even fit? I currently have a factory float CTD w/ trail adjust. I'm thinking I am just caught up in consumerism. I'm about 200 lbs with no gear. I'm definitely upgrading the Sektor fork to either a pike or a mattoc (when the become available).

Am I making my sight into something it's not meant for? I do have considerable climbing on my local trails which is why I went for the sight over the range.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    I do t think it's over kill at all. The shock is meant to be adjusted to get the bike to handle the way you want it to. It will fit the aluminum version of the bike. Sounds like it will not fit the carbon version of the bike which is a bummer. I really really wanted to run one on my soon to be coming 7.1. I am currently running one on my nomad and love it!

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Do you feel like you are overwhelming your Fox Float? I also weigh ~200lbs and have found that volume reducers work wonders for air shocks at my weight. Your shock might already have a volume spacer in it but if not I highly recommend tossing one in there to see how it feels before dropping big $ on a higher-end shock. Then again, if the money is burning a hole in your pocket, go for it

Tech Tuesday - How to Install a Fox Float Air-Volume Spacer - Pinkbike
    ride, eat, sleep, repeat

mtbr member

Overkill for a sight killer b?

Since I'm now down to one bike, my pockets have suddenly been engulfed into a blaze. I plan on keeping the float as a back up, so I'll look into the spacers. Thanks!