Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Norco replaced frame with a 7.1 frame 😁

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveb009 View Post
    Norco replaced frame with a 7.1 frame 😁
    Saw your pics of the bad paint job, but was that the only issue? Were there cracks also? That paint situation was ridiculous, but I'm really surprised they'd replace a frame just based on paint!

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    That was the only issue no cracks bike was only 1 month old you could scratch the paint off with your figure nail. They could not supply the same frame/color and no questions asked they replaced it let me keep my bike until new frame arrived.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveb009 View Post
    That was the only issue no cracks bike was only 1 month old you could scratch the paint off with your figure nail. They could not supply the same frame/color and no questions asked they replaced it let me keep my bike until new frame arrived.
    good to know they are still doing that. Norcos 2017 mountain bikes are all aluminum now. Wonder if they are discontinuing carbon.

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    It looks like the 2017 sight carbon will be out in January

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    cleaning my C7.2 last night - found a crack that wraps about 3/4 of the frt der mount. never ridden w a front on this and its a strange place for a crack to develop IMO -
    supposed to go on guys MTB weekend to Salida CO this weekend so will get w LBS ASAP today... ugh. I'm hoping it gets resolved properly, but not anticipating anything by the weekend fwiw.

CAMBr Trail Crew
    Kamper11, please post pics if possible. Hope it gets resolved quickly...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Guess i've joined the club!! 2014 Sight C 7 1.5 crack where the rear brake mounts as well as shock mounts on the main frame. Been replaced with a full 2016 7.1C frame. Hopefully 2016's are a little better.

CAMBr Trail Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by indebt View Post
    Guess i've joined the club!! 2014 Sight C 7 1.5 crack where the rear brake mounts as well as shock mounts on the main frame. Been replaced with a full 2016 7.1C frame. Hopefully 2016's are a little better.
    Have any pics???

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by DDDonny View Post
    Have any pics???

No pictures sorry,,,, i had my bike in the shop getting a full fork and shock tune up and warranty work on my 2016 34/150 Fox float factory as the crown was creaking,,,,,and then just got the call on friday from the senior mechanic telling me about the frame and that the new one is on its way.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    well - kudos to Norco - new frame on the way! and kudos to my shop for handling so expeditiously!

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kamper11 View Post
    well - kudos to Norco - new frame on the way! and kudos to my shop for handling so expeditiously!
    Glad to hear it worked out well for you kamper11. I remember on older threads somewhere you and myself were some of the few saying how much we were putting our bikes threw with NO issues. How times have changed lol.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    hey indebt - I do remember - and my Sight has been my trusty trail weapon for a truck load of good riding. an avg of 3 rides per week since Mar 2014 in Colorado and trips to Utah and Wyoming. Still have nothing bad to really state about it... keen to see the new updated versions and bummed they are holding that release til January.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    I'm very sorry to say that in my opinion I've come to the conclusion that the alloy sight frame is made from cheese. I bought this bike in 2013 and have been a massive advocate of its ability as a trail bike, infact it is one of the most fun bikes I have ridden and made me want to mountain bike as much as possible, to me it is that good, always putting a smile on my face, I'm no geo expert, far from it, but with the right fork and shock on, as an every day trail bike that could get a bit lively, Norco nailed it.
    EXCEPT they or their Taiwanese frame builders made the alloy bike out of in my opinion poor quality alloy, cheap weld or most likely both, and despite all my love for this bike, I am now disillusioned and disappointed with it and Norco as a brand. Why? in 3 years I have had 3 warranty replacements.
    I originally bought an alloy Norco sight 1 in early 2013 the original rear triangle lasted 15 months, which in hindsight was pretty good and snapped the following June 14, the replacement took 7 weeks to arrive and only 8 months to snap (march 15) Due to a lack of rear triangles, I was offer a 15 frame, great I thought, but also decided to buy another new bike. Over the next 18 months the Norco could have only been ridden 10-15 times as a second bike, and resigned to light duties and yet after a ride round one of the flattest trail centers in the U.K. , i.e. 900ft of climb in 20 miles, the rear stay had started to crack again and the top tube had also cracked. So I'm awaiting warranty replacement no 4. No doubt I will get the same frame as the 15 replacement, which I have absolutely no faith in. I have spoken to my bike shop who have handled the last couple of breaks in a brilliant manner and have been told that this is an ongoing problem. I'm afraid Norco your 2013 to 2016 alloy Sight frames are not Fit For Purpose! As said this was a great bike to ride, but if it doesn't stay together, what's the point. I think Norco owe their customers an apology. I would love them to respond, but I'm not going to hold my breath. I doubt they have the balls.
    Last edited by Bikefarmer; 11-01-2016 at 03:32 PM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    DDonny, I just noticed on my 2014 C 7.2 a crack that is in the exact same spot as yours. My frame is black so it's a little harder to tell. About to take pics and talk to LBS. Just wondering what you've heard on yours.

CAMBr Trail Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeynets View Post
    DDonny, I just noticed on my 2014 C 7.2 a crack that is in the exact same spot as yours. My frame is black so it's a little harder to tell. About to take pics and talk to LBS. Just wondering what you've heard on yours.
    Haven't had the chance to bring it in yet! I've been pretty busy since I discovered the crack, and haven't ridden for a few weeks. I'm hoping to get it in within the next week or so, I'll keep you posted...

Post some pics if you get a chance...

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Haven't had the chance to bring it in yet! I've been pretty busy since I discovered the crack, and haven't ridden for a few weeks. I'm hoping to get it in within the next week or so, I'll keep you posted...

Post some pics if you get a chance...
    Here's some pics. With my naked eye it doesn't look so bad. But in the pic it definitely is a little more concerning. Then again, my eyesight is starting to go!

FWIW this "crack" is completely smooth — can't feel anything when I run my hand over it. The really harsh line you see underneath is actually the edge of some helicopter tape. The "crack" is just to the left of the brake mount.

I have noticed some warbling coming from my rear brake recently. Not sure if it's related.
    What do you guys think?Norco Sight Frame Issues?-img_2337.jpgNorco Sight Frame Issues?-img_2338.jpg

CAMBr Trail Crew
    @mikeynets,

Yup, I can totally see the crack(?), its exactly like mine! I'll let you know the details of my bike, as soon as I get 'er to the dealer...

mtbr member
    Just to way in.....I have had two frames crack , norco has a lifetime warranty and were super fast with replacement,, the last replacement bump me up to a range ,,suspension was on me tho

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    Ride hard everytime....or take up hiking...........lol

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quick update - Norco sent out a 7.2C (the matte red/red) frame. Came in last Friday. Visually its a stunner and sure couldn't sneak up on anyone. it is the 2016 - new carbon layup etc and for what its worth - my 2014 had a LOT of hard rocky riding on her and where the crack appeared wasn't going to cause any main triangle failures IMO.

Now Im trying to determine if I sell or keep. FWIW i struggled w ride quality the past couple of months - harsh - even w serviced suspension altho i do believe there may be a fork gremlin, so if I keep i feel I'd only be satisfied to replace the shock and fork... rest of build is spot on and only thing left from original 2014 are the brakes and headset

CAMBr Trail Crew
    Quick update - Norco sent out a 7.2C (the matte red/red) frame. Came in last Friday. Visually its a stunner and sure couldn't sneak up on anyone. it is the 2016 - new carbon layup etc and for what its worth - my 2014 had a LOT of hard rocky riding on her and where the crack appeared wasn't going to cause any main triangle failures IMO.

Now Im trying to determine if I sell or keep. FWIW i struggled w ride quality the past couple of months - harsh - even w serviced suspension altho i do believe there may be a fork gremlin, so if I keep i feel I'd only be satisfied to replace the shock and fork... rest of build is spot on and only thing left from original 2014 are the brakes and headset
    That's awesome! It's good to hear that NORCO resolved your situation in a timely manner.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009

So your crack was in the rear but they gave you a full frame replacement?

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    It was the front triangle - around the rear der mount... Im no engineer - but didn't think it would cause a catastrophic failure - at least now - but as it is part of the seat tube - maybe down the road?? Regardless - Norco were solid and quick in their response and remedy.

CAMBr Trail Crew
    It was the front triangle - around the rear der mount... Im no engineer - but didn't think it would cause a catastrophic failure - at least now - but as it is part of the seat tube - maybe down the road?? Regardless - Norco were solid and quick in their response and remedy.
    Front derailleur mount?

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Yes - apparently not java-nated enough to correctly describe it!!

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Final update ( I hope) I have just received a warranty 16 frame, which replaced a broken ( drive side seat stay & top tube) warranty replacement 15 frame, which itself replaced a broken 14 rear section ( drive side seat stay) which replaced a broken 13 rear section ( drive side seat stay)

The U.K. Distrutor and retailer were great, despite taking 5 weeks to get this replacement, the hold up seems to be at the Norco end, so I am told. They seem to have to request replacements from their Taiwanese manufacturer.

The bike shop informed me that my bike was one of 3 sights that was in for warranty replacement at that moment -not a great advert for the frame or the manufacturer.

I'm going to sell the new frame and shock but don't except to get much, I just hope the new owner, if it sells, and I'll sell it cheap, gets more than 6 months from it. Lappierre used to have a bit of a rep for breaking but I think Norco well and truely own that title now. Ta-tar Norco see ya.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    On Nov 4, I submitted the pics of my frame to LBS who in turn submitted to Norco. New frame (2016 C7.4) in shop today.

CAMBr Trail Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeynets View Post
    I attached a pic of the reply I received from my NORCO dealer. I'm hoping he's right and that it's just cosmetic, not structural! We'll see what happens as soon as Spring (or better riding weather) comes around...

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    [QUOTE=DDDonny;12957279]I attached a pic of the reply I received from my NORCO dealer. I'm hoping he's right and that it's just cosmetic, not structural! We'll see what happens as soon as Spring (or better riding weather) comes around...

I just got a new frame based off of basically the same exact looking crack. Didn't send in the frame; just pictures. My LBS said to just keep riding my old frame til the new one arrived and swapped everything over at that time. With a lifetime warranty, you're pretty well set if/when this turns out to be more than just cosmetic.

Ride on.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Well this sure is reassuring when I'm about to pull the trigger on a new range

CAMBr Trail Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by invol2ver View Post
    Well this sure is reassuring when I'm about to pull the trigger on a new range
    Not trying to dissuade you from getting the Range! I love my Sight, think it's definitely one of the best bikes I've ever ridden! Like I said, I hope my issue is only cosmetic, but will be bummed/pissed if it turns out to be more!

I'll check back in sometime during next riding season so stay tuned...

CAMBr Trail Crew
    @invol2ver

If you do decide to pull the trigger on a Range, doing this will give you a little peace-of-mind...

http://m.norco.com/bike-registration/

Cheers.

Btw, how'd you come up with your screen name?

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    @invol2ver

If you do decide to pull the trigger on a Range, doing this will give you a little peace-of-mind...

m.norco.com

Cheers.

Btw, how'd you come up with your screen name?

Ya got me haha. I was stoked on the album at the time so that was it.

mtbr member
    2015 Norco C7.3...

Name:  16473584_10210608380838856_1325015120211138055_n.jpg
Views: 763
Size:  39.5 KB
    Last edited by Robertone; 02-06-2017 at 12:32 AM. Reason: wrong photo link

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Robertone View Post
    2015 Norco C7.3...

Name:  16473584_10210608380838856_1325015120211138055_n.jpg
Views: 763
Size:  39.5 KB
    Ouch! Interesting to know how that happened unusual place for a break,

mtbr member
    I have no idea.
    Returned from a ride, after washing the bike, I realized the thing.
    No fall, no hits....
    I know of a similar problem on a carbon Sight with single crown...

Norco Sight Frame Issues?-16406439_1458848144133529_8250708904793135282_n.jpg

P.S. sorry for my english

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Robertone View Post
    I have no idea.
    Returned from a ride, after washing the bike, I realized the thing.
    No fall, no hits....
    I know of a similar problem on a carbon Sight with single crown...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	16406439_1458848144133529_8250708904793135282_n.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	62.6 KB 
ID:	1119836

P.S. sorry for my english
    I hope you get it sorted with norco, even if the derailleur was jammed there is no way you could or should be able to exert enough pressure on the shifter to snap the mount, something else would go first , must have been weak in the first place and just gone.

mtbr member
    That's common on Sight carbon. My 2014 did that and now I'm riding a 2015

ggg
    mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Norco has downgraded their 2017 warranty to 3/5 years for the Range/Sight down from Lifetime: https://www.norco.com/warranty/
    So if you want the gold plated pension buy 2016 or older...
    Looks to me like they were having way too many returns as evidenced in this thread.
    I'm skeptical of their design robustness now more than ever.
    Does Norco actually do any frame fatigue and life-cycle testing ?

mtbr member
    Mar 2017

What Happened in End? Should I be concerned with this crack?

Hi, Sounds like I have a similar situation as the guy with surface looking cracks around the Aluminium Inserts for rear brakes.. Anyone ever had this on their carbon frame?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Norco Sight Frame Issues?-norco.jpg  

Last edited by fairview; 03-03-2017 at 05:18 AM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    2nd Pic

Norco Sight Frame Issues?-norco2.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Norco Sight Frame Issues?-norco2.jpg  

CAMBr Trail Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by fairview View Post
    2nd Pic

Name:	Norco2.JPG 
Views:	35 
Size:	138.6 KB 
ID:	1124481
    At the very least, you should bring it to your bike dealer's attention- and keep everything documented!

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by fairview View Post
    2nd Pic

Name:	Norco2.JPG 
Views:	35 
Size:	138.6 KB 
ID:	1124481
    That was me, and I think there were others. I brought it to my LBS, he took pics, sent to Norco and I got a 2016 frame to replace my 2015.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Hi there..
    Anyone had/has problems with colour fade?
    I have 2016 Sight C7.1 (replacement) and the colour of the frame started fading..Any ideas on what I can do about that?

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    I have the same replacement frame have not noticed any paint fade. Do you store it in a sunny spot?

I wonder how many frames Norco replace.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    I also have a replacement 2016 frame like yours and have big time colour fade. Bike is stored in darkness in my basement so it is only while riding that it gets exposed to sunlight. Anything that is hit by the sun while riding has faded drastically. I think the paint on the rear that is shaded while riding is still bright, but that is it.

Not really concerned about it, but it would be better if it was either all faded or not.

-Nate

Quote Originally Posted by Hpap2002 View Post
    Hi there..
    Anyone had/has problems with colour fade?
    I have 2016 Sight C7.1 (replacement) and the colour of the frame started fading..Any ideas on what I can do about that?

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    I haven't had color fade, but on my original 7.2c and now my replacement 7.4c the accent paint comes off really easily. Overall I think the paint or binding agent Norco uses is pretty low grade. I don't care too much, but it's kinda lame when you consider these aren't exactly cheap bikes.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I keep the bike always inside my garage and I don't consider colour fade appropriate for a frame of this value and in such short period of time.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Hpap2002 View Post
    I keep the bike always inside my garage and I don't consider colour fade appropriate for a frame of this value and in such short period of time.

Agreed. Someone in this thread got a replacement frame based on a bad paint job. Don't remember the details, but it might be worth looking back at that and contacting your LBS or Norco. Good luck!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345