mtbr member
    Jun 2015

Norco Range Frame Sizing

Hey guys, I live in San Francisco and the Norco Range 7.2 Aluminum with the Pike fork sells out within days of getting in stock. I am trying to get my hands on one as there are 3 left in stock in my area. However I can't decide between a Large and XL frame. I am 6'1, 190lbs, 34' inseam with fairly lengthy arms. I ride pretty aggressive on the downs, going up is not my biggest concern. My question is does anyone have experience with the L/XL frames on this bike. I have ridden the L and its ok, but nobody ever has the XL in stock so I would have to custom order it. thanks.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I think you're closer to an XL than a large. I'm 5'11 with ape arms and ride a large Range, for bike park DH riding it's just about the perfect size whereas I'd like it to be a little bit longer for trail rides. I haven't seen an XL either, but looking at the geometry charts I'm pretty certain it's too big for me. Going by your inseam measurement you have a shorter torso than I do, but that seems to be balance out to some extent by your long arms. I think you should be fine on the XL since it's only an inch or so longer, see if your dealer can stick a 75-80mm stem on a large Range to get a rough feel for the fit of an XL. If that feels fine and you have at least a couple inches of space to lower the seatpost on the large Range, then the XL should be good.

mtbr member
    For what it's worth, I'm 6 feet even, with a 34 inch inseam, and I am a pretty long and lean (35 inch sleeve length). I ride a 2015 large Range C 7.2 and it seems to fit well for 2 to 6 hour aggressive trail rides. That said, I find the large frame to be not so large so as aerius said, the XL would probably be a better choice for you.