Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Norco Range

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Carbon anyone? Stay tuned

inexperienced at large
    Apr 2011

Re: Norco Range

A carbon Range for 26 inch wheels would be cool.

What have you heard?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I find that I have to place the bike on both wheels and put some weight on the seat then tighten the top and bottom bolts. Otherwise there is a bit of vertical play. Maybe that's what your feeling.

Are sure it's the correct mounting kit? 41.5 x 8.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by gunt pimp View Post
    Carbon anyone? Stay tuned
    Yeah, yeah Carbon Range, Sight 650b and Arrum

What I meant to say was a carbon Range B, Sight B, Arrum most likely 650B and a carbon Shinobi 29er.
    Last edited by PUNKY; 04-22-2013 at 02:06 PM.

mtbr member
    bigger axle inner size is maybe a little more than 8mm (fractions), that's why there is a play.
    i put there a piece of a plastic bag and now i fine.

mtbr member
    first 3 days on Range in mountains on some simple wild fr/dh tracks. great bike, very nimble, but for now i feel that's a lot less firm/rigid as my previous Pivot Mach5.7carbon.
    I felt that my rear floats to the sides, I stopped few times just to check if i have air in rear tire! but i had ~2bar. so i think that rear is much less rigid
    Last edited by razorjack; 04-23-2013 at 04:37 PM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Hi,

I got hold of a 2012 Norco Range 2 at a good price. The problem is that it is an XL and I will not be able to test it. I'm 6'2 ", would that work?

mtbr member
    Norco is a quite long frame, it's possible that you'll have a good ride with short stem (30mm for example), but better look at geometry and try to compare with something that you ride (especially theoretical top tube length and reach)

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    then I'll probably find another bike

inexperienced at large
    Apr 2011

Re: Norco Range

Riding an XL for 2 & 1/2 years and I'm 6'3". You'd fit it well. Stock comes with a pretty long stem you may want to swap in the future, but I rode mine with the stock stem for a long time. I love my bike.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    It's possible it could work but it wouldn't be best. Norco sizes their frames differently. Instead of S, M, L they have XS to XL. I'm 5'5 and should be riding an XS but I have a small and it feels fine with a 50mm stem. You would fit a medium or a large.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    thank for all the info. I thing I vill go with another bike

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    2013 Range KB size xl, coming to stable next week. last xl in Canada of current stock. soooooo stoked! will only do superficial upgrades, bar and stem, but a new wheelset is a must soon. dropping nearly a pound off the wheels then going to tubeless tires will be the ultimate upgrade for this bike. otherwise, i'll ride the snot out of it until stuff needs replacing. thinking i9 enduro wheelset or the new Reynolds enduro wheels, similar weight, close to 500 less expensive. but that i9 wheelset is surely the bomb. any thoughts? oh, also will change to SLX brakes straight off, and the Vengence fork will get the HLR damper.

mtbr member
    everything depends on usage/application
    i'm riding enduro races and bike parks sometimes (jumps etc.) so i prefer a little smaller frame.
    someone riding just trails can manage it on a 'normal' size for him

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Has anybody seen any pictures of Range carbon 7.1 2014? Im waiting for mine and would love to see some pictures of it (not the official ones from Norco page)

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    There was a bunch of inter bike photos around

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I have seen just the LE model, not 7.1 (black/orange). Can you give link to the photo? Thank you!

mtbr member
    The LE looks bad ass with the green/blue accents but since I will be building a custom I will probably go with the cheapest 7.2 in black with white accents.

Why is the Norco section so slow?

inexperienced at large
    Apr 2011
    The Norco section has been slow for a very long time. Meaning years. It's nothing new. The bikes shred, they just hardly advertise. 650b is the loudest they've been in a long while. For a while I was even doing some back and forth, sending people tech docs because Norco is hard for some people to reach.

Own any Norco bikes before this one?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ehigh View Post
    The Norco section has been slow for a very long time. Meaning years. It's nothing new. The bikes shred, they just hardly advertise. 650b is the loudest they've been in a long while. For a while I was even doing some back and forth, sending people tech docs because Norco is hard for some people to reach.

Own any Norco bikes before this one?
    I have never been on one no. Here in So. Cal. I have never even seen one I am going strictly off reviews. Closest design I have tried was a Trek Remedy.

inexperienced at large
    Apr 2011
    Yeah, they are a little more uncommon down here. I'm in SLO county and we have one dealer in Los Osos that I got my bike from. They seemed to be more common around Vancouver Island, Vancouver, etc., for obvious reasons.

Love my 2011 Range. Hope to hear how it works for you-I know you eat bikes.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6