Thread: Norco Quality?

mtbr member
    Sep 2013

Norco Quality?

Is Norco a good brand? I'm wondering about the quality of Norco components (frame, etc.) and the build, the engineering expertise, how well the bikes perform, and customer service.

I'm looking for a full-suspension 650b bike for mostly XC and trail, with occasional beginner/moderate downhill, for around $2000 USD, with Fox (preferably CTD) suspension. Norco Fluid 7.1 (Fluid 7 Trail Mountain Bikes Norco Bicycles) fits those requirements.

I've heard good things about Trek, Giant, Scott, Specialized, and others, but not much about Norco, good or bad.

Thank you.

Chillaxin 'n Chilcotin!
    I had a 2011 Shinobi that I beat pretty hard without ever having a single issue with. Not a single loose bearing, nor a single creak. I think they make a solid product and I replaced it with a 2013 Shinobi recently. The little things like the Syntace rear and replaceable derailleur bolt in the frame were big factors for me (although I don't think the Fluid has that). I look forward to many more miles on my new Norco!

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Thanks kristian

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    I have a Sight 1 2013 and am well pleased with it! It has had some hard abuse and still no issues except for the Reverb dropper post but that's nothing to do with Norco and the UK dealer 'Evans' are sorting that out for me. Only issue I have is getting spare parts!! Nothing available in the UK so have to shop in Germany! The bike is excellent though

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    I just got my 2014 Fluid 9.2 and I have a 2010 Nitro that has not had one issue at all. Solid bikes, been around for a long time.
    Giant XTC 2 29er
    KHS Flagstaff 29er FS
    Neon Bow Trials Bike
    Norco Fluid 9.2 29er FS
    Norco BIGFOOT FATTY

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Took a Fluid 7.1 around the parking lot today and was very impressed, especially at that price point......I don't think there is a better specced 27.5 trail bike out there. It's a wheelset away from being a fantastic bike!

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    I did intense research for my recent bike purchase for 3 months and decided to go with Norco. I never came across any concerns for reliability, durability, or poor customer service.