mtbr member

Norco Nitro-Niner

I'm looking to buy a Norco Nitro-Niner, but I'm not sure which size (small or medium) I would need. I'm 5'5" and my inseam is about 31". Any help?

EDIT: I'm thinking I would definitely need a small. But now I'm wondering whether or not it would be too big for me??
    Last edited by kimmeh!; 06-18-2008 at 10:14 AM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kimmeh!
    I'm looking to buy a Norco Nitro-Niner, but I'm not sure which size (small or medium) I would need. I'm 5'5" and my inseam is about 31". Any help?

EDIT: I'm thinking I would definitely need a small. But now I'm wondering whether or not it would be too big for me??
    You're probably too small for a 29er to work well for you. Due to the large wheels, 29er geometry is really compromised on small frame sizes, at a minimum you will have toe overlap issues. I'd look at the normal Nitro instead, or one of the newer 650B bikes from a small manufacturer which give you some of the advantages of a 29er in a wheel size better suited to a short rider.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by thecrazyfinn
    You're probably too small for a 29er to work well for you. Due to the large wheels, 29er geometry is really compromised on small frame sizes, at a minimum you will have toe overlap issues. I'd look at the normal Nitro instead, or one of the newer 650B bikes from a small manufacturer which give you some of the advantages of a 29er in a wheel size better suited to a short rider.
    Sorry, but this just isn't necessarily the case. In our state series there are several guys/gals in the 5'5" range that are competitive on 29ers and won't give them up for anything. At 5'5" something with the same "or close to" the geometry as a 15" Fisher
    29er should fit you well.