mtbr member
    Apr 2010

which norco model

Wanted to see what model(s) you guys would recommend to me from the Norco line. I live in Illinois and dont see alot of downhill. Mostly trail riding, usually shortish but intense trails, and I like to jump a bit bigger than you would see most guys riding XC bikes do. Any suggestions?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Look into the Fluid or Fluid LT series. The 2010 frames in both models have seen improvements over '09s. The Fluid is a 140mm travel frame/fork and the Fluid LT is 160mm frame/fork. I would think the Fluid would be more than suitable for the type of riding you would do. These bikes are great and there are some good '09 closeout deals to be had right now.

Best of luck
    Turner Burner, Polished
    Salsa Mariachi 2
    Salsa Mukluk 2 Custom
    Bucksaw - Future Ride

Subject to Whimsy
    Dec 2009
    I'd agree on the Fluid maybe not the LT series so much being that they're heavier and less 'pedally' due to the increase in travel over the regular Fluid.
    I would also consider the Faze, it's more xc orientated but they have increased the travel on some models to 120 mm which would make it a pretty nimble longer travel xc bike that is capable of being raced. Having said that, I know a few people who race their Fluids and they kill on the downhill sections.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Thanks guys, I will check them out for my next bike. Closest dealer is about 5 hours from me.