mtbr member
    Oct 2013

Norco Aurum, whats the real Build Spec

trying to find a good bargain DH bike because who isn't and then i saw this picture on the Norco sight of their Aurum with a CCDB shock, Saint RD and Brakes with 203mm F/R E*thirteen crank from what i can make out, inferno 29 wheelset and i think what looks to be a RockShox BoXXer (idk which kind but i'm guessing RC.)

YET!!!!!

thats mostly Zee everything with a RockShox Kage instead... and i haven't found a way to contact them directly to see whats what... trying to find dealer in my area.

if anyone knows that'd be AWESOME

JNG
    mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    If anyone knows when they are going to release the Aurum 650b that would be AWESOMER!

Now with flavor!!
    Hopefully never.
    STRAVA: Enabling dorks everywhere to get trails shut down........ all for the sake of a race on the internet.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    yeah. lets not mess up a good bike. we need a fun FR 26r. screw 27.5, the wheels need to be trued too much, and i can't get deemax ultimates on them and maybe i want a fun bike, not a fast bike.

JNG
    mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Devinci has both versions of the Wilson featured on their website. Norco currently has 26er 2015 Aurums on their website. They have a 6.3 and 6.2 Aurum which leads one to believe that a place is being held for a 6.1 and possibly an LE version which will likely be 650b.

What is wrong with having a 26" and 650b version of the bike available?

Now with flavor!!
    Quote Originally Posted by JNG View Post

What is wrong with having a 26" and 650b version of the bike available?
    Nothing if it's an option. And not an option to a 'park bike' with a higher BB, steeper headangle, and shorter rear end. In another year it's going to be almost impossible to find a 26" dedicated dh bike. And that sucks. I'm looking at one of these as my next dh bike. I'd really like to see whatever new one they release available as 26. But I don't think that's going to happen because they'd be the only company doing it.

I hope I'm wrong though.....
    STRAVA: Enabling dorks everywhere to get trails shut down........ all for the sake of a race on the internet.

JNG
    mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Here is what is being released for 2015 so far:

Aurum 6.2 & 6.3
    Downhill - Mountain - Bikes - Norco Bicycles

The geo is exactly the same as it was last year.

Now with flavor!!
    Both pretty low end builds. But like you said, obviously leaving some room for a 6.1 and an LE. I just know there's that 650b carbon one that's going to show up at some point. I just hope that's not the only high end build or the only frame option. But yeah, I realize I'm bltching about something that hasn't presented itself as a problem.................yet

» 2015 Prototype Norco Carbon Aurum 650b/27.5 - Sick Lines – mountain bike reviews, news, videos | Your comprehensive downhill and freeride mountain bike resource

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    I would like a aluminum 26" bike. call me crazy, but i'd like strong sturdy aluminum wheels that are stronger and sturdier by being 26" It would be ideal if they had a Saint groupo and Saint Brakes and the CCDB on the high end bike.... unfortunately that bike will probably be carbon, the wheels will probably be carbon, and the bike will probably be 26"... so there goes my dreams.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    When I was at Crankworx this summer I was talking to the Norco guy and he said that there will be a carbon 650b Aurum being released sometime before summer. Saw a bunch of them in Whistler while I was there.