mtbr member
    May 2008

New Norco Aline owner.

Just built up my very first completely all brand new norco Aline. Before this, all I've ever had have been clapped out totally thrashed second hand dh rigs. So I guess I'm part of the norco thread now!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Very nice. Did you score the frame alone then build it up?
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources"

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgy1 View Post
    Very nice. Did you score the frame alone then build it up?
    Thanks, and yes I bought the frame off of eBay for 400. It didn't come with a rear shock or axle or anything. It's been a really fun project and I've learned alot. I cannot wait to ride it!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Your gonna love it!!

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    [QUOTE=Sk8er07999;9168443]Thanks, and yes I bought the frame off of eBay for 400. It didn't come with a rear shock or axle or anything. It's been a really fun project and I've learned alot. I cannot wait to ride it!

Hi, I've just bought the same frame, but no rear axle. Where did you get your axle from, and what axle standard is it, X-12, Maxle, etc?
    Also what is the fork length on yours? I've set mine to 568mm as recommended, but it seems a bit low. I'm measuring from the middle of the front axle, behind the bridge, to the crown race.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Awesome. It's been a pretty good bike. I just bought a Rockshox Maxle off of ebay and it works great. One thing though is make sure to put some grease on the axle and threads to ease assembly and dis assembly. Makes a huge difference. At first I thought the axle wasn't going to fit because I didn't lube it up and was having trouble getting it in. On the fork, I had both a boxxer RC on it and more recently I put a 2014 888 rc3. I'm not sure what it measures but I usually set them up tall. I'll have to go measure and see where it's at. I'll be doing that soon, like in a couple hours, as I'm actually going to part it out and build up an enduro bike. I think. If you have any other questions feel free to ask. I'll measure the fork and get back to you in a few.

If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for the frame? I figured it's probably not worth much anymore. Did you find a new or used one?

Thanks, Kevin.

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Hi Kevin, thanks for the response. I've also got 2014 888 rc3 evo 2's on mine, haven't tried them on this frame yet, but I loved them on my older A-Line. I've just got my DHX 3 Pushed and MX tuned, so I can't wait to see how it all feels.
    Mines used, I paid 250 for the frame, but it's in very good condition.
    Did you run yours in the 8 or 9 inch setting? I'm thinking of setting it up 8 inch low BB.

Thanks for the help, Mischa

mtbr member
    May 2008

Re: New Norco Aline owner.

Nice, that's a great fork. I've heard nothing but great things about the custom tunes from push. I ran mine in the low bb and the 9 inch setting. I never tried any of the other settings but I wish I would have. One thing about the 9 inch setting though is that when bottoming out the rear tire would sometimes hit the seat. I did run my seat pretty low and slanted back though.

Anyway I measured the fork and my best measurement from the center of the axle to the crown race was about 590-600mm. I liked how the fork performed in that setting. I would recommend the RWC needle bearing shock hardware if you haven't gotten any yet.

Have fun!

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Awesome!

Thanks again