mtbr member
    Jan 2010

My 2014 Sight 7.1

2014 Norco Sight 7.1c
    Race Face SixxC bars
    Carbon X01 cranks
    XT brakes
    Light Bicycle carbon wheels with 30mm UD weave, Matt clear coated graphics, Hope Pro 2 "Gun Metal hubs" - the colour of th hubs matches the linkage hardware exactley
    Total bike now 11.432 kg [25.20lbs]
    Maxxis Ardent 2.25 mounted perfectly tubeless using Stans Yellow tape, sealant and valves
    The tires went from a case size of 54mm to 57mm on the wider rims.
    The installation of these has dropped 418 grams from my bike [222gr front, 196 rear] and transformed the ride, remarkably so in fact. The bike accelerates so much faster its amazing. They appear very stiff with steering accuracy improved, particularly through rocky shutes.
    Love them - as for durability, a 20km ride is hardly enough to tell so we will see....

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Sweeet Ride!! Jeffgre_6163. The 25.2lbs,,, does that include peddles and Dropper post?? My budget wasn't in your league. As I was to intimidated to go for a 1X11 I opted out for the 7 1.5 build. I went with a cheaper wheel set Stanz tubeless hoops with Hope Pro2 gun metal blue hubs, Mavic Ikon's 2.20rear/2.35front, Truvativ carbon seat post, Easton EC-70 carbon bar 720mm, XT discs/cassette, and same front fender you have. My bike weighed in at 26.7lbs with peddles,XTR's. Pretty amazing you got yours down 25.2lbs.

How have you been liking the ride now that I'm sure you have put some serious mileage on it? For me it is the best bike I have ever ridden, that been said I haven't had the budget for a bike like this ever before so cant compare with other high end bikes. But this thing climbs over just about everything even better over technical stuff with the CTD wide open. Point it downhill and this bike flies. I still have a little catching up to do as this bike is still better than me. LOL. Cheers!!

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Found your review from six months ago Jeffgre_6163,,, wow you did get you hands on that bike early!! Couldn't agree more with you observations,, this is one sweet bike!! Cheers!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by indebt View Post
    The 25.2lbs,,, does that include peddles and Dropper post??
    How have you been liking the ride now that I'm sure you have put some serious mileage on it?
    The 25.2lbs does not include pedals but does include the dropper post.
    Carbon wheels are the best mod I have ever done in 25 years of riding mountain bikes.
    Period
    As well as the 400gr weight saving they have made the bike feel alive and super responsive.
    Since I picked my own Sight up on 20th December last year at a guess I would think I have done around 2000km ish.
    I have just replaced the chain and chain ring. the shifting on the X01 was getting sloppy and the chain ring was starting to make noise.
    Other than that its been great. No loose pivot hardware or creaking etc. The more I ride it the more I like it - definitely the best bike I have owned

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    One of these days i'll be on a set of good carbon hoops, in the meantime I'm going to do just what you have done and continue to put some mileage on my Sight!!

mtbr member

My 2014 Sight 7.1

jeffgre, how are your wheels holding up? I'm considering going with those rims for my sight.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jdcatnau View Post
    jeffgre, how are your wheels holding up? I'm considering going with those rims for my sight.
    The wheels are holding up great.
    Still dead true, no loss of spoke tension. Piece of cake to set up tubeless with Stans rim tape and valves.
    best upgrade I have ever done on a bike

CAMBr Trail Crew

My 2014 Sight 7.1

What size frame???

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by DDDonny View Post
    What size frame???
    Medium
    I am 5'8" fits me fine