mtbr member
    Jun 2010

Atomik 2009 low bbh setup?

I'm pretty new to the whole bike world so my frame geometry knowledge is quite limited. I bought a norco atomik 2009 and I was wondering how you set it up to the lowest bbh possible?

There are 2 holes in the golden suspension link, one that is "upper left" and one that is "lower right". I figured that the lowest one must be for low BBH... The top rear shock bolt is mounted on some silver bracket written "low/high bbh" with arrows on it depending on which side you look at. I'm not quite sure how that part works. How do you know it is set for low or high bbh? The arrows don't say much.

From what I understand, you can also modify your rear shock travel depending on how/where you fix it. How do you know you got the longest travel? I fail to see how it could be longer/shorter.

Thank you.

Im a Cowboy
    The bottm shock mounts DO NOT CHANGE RIDE HEIGHT they alter the travel (the hole closest to the front of the bike is the long travel setting)

the ride height is changed by moving the upper shock mount (if you honestly cant work out how to lower the bike even with the massive clue they actually stamped on the part, I suggest you give the thing to a shop .........youll probably feck something up)
    DON'T TELL ME I'M STILL ON THAT FECKIN' ISLAND! ....

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Most bike shops around my place don't sell a lot of DH bikes... And when they do, I feel like I'm playing russian roulette with my bike when I leave it to them. That's why I try figuring out most of the stuff by myself or by asking people when I don't want to screw up.

So yeah, thanks, your post was almost helpful.

Im a Cowboy
    If, as you say you like to figure things out for yourself (a seemingly dying attribute), why the heck dont you just unbolt the thing and take a look at it...............things will become even clearer then

It may sound harsh to you, but I come from a generation that actually had to work things out for themselves, instead of relying on the internet to get their knowledge second hand

The only way you really learn anything is by doing it........now stop whinging and get those wrenches out...........no sympathy for the "why dont you just tell me the answer" attitude of kids today whatsover

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I didn't want to switch the thing around only to find out I was already in lowbbh mode and I switched it to highbbh to switch it to lowbbh again. I guessed it was an asymetrical part that you could move around but from the outside it looks quite symetric so I wasn't sure if switching it actually had a noticable impact on the ride.

And I found the fox dhx 3.0 manual online so I doubt I'd feck something up when dismounting the suspension.

Anyway, I was talking to a random rider on the mountain today and he told me out of the blue to switch that part around to get a lower bbh so it answered my question. Looks like there are some courteous people out there who prefere taking 3 seconds to help someone out instead of wasting 10 minutes to act hard on the internet.

Im a Cowboy
    Look dood,
    There are even arrows on the friken thing telling you to whitch way to switch it around, yet you still needed a stranger on the trail to point that out to you?

no sympathy kid

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Hey, phell7, don't fret about it. My son's friend has the exact bike and it is a bit confusing at first. Don't let these old dudes get to you. I'd rather see someone ask a questions. Ask and learn.