Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Sep 2010

Anyone get their sight carbon yet??

Hello!
    I put a deposit down on a carbon sight 7.1 with a 150 pike. I am curious if anyone has received theirs yet?? I saw a review on a demo from another member here on mtbr as well as few on the alloy version of the bike. Seems like a great bike. I'll be coming off a nomad which is a really playful 160 bike! I am kinda sad that it's for sale it's been such a great bike!! I do want to try something different, most of my bikes have been VPP bikes. I want something that climbs a tad better seeing how most of my riding consist of xc type trails that I find as many drops hits and wall rides as I can. So I am pretty dang excited to take ownership of my new bike! I kinda took a punge buying it, buy I don't think I will regret it one bit!

Thanks
    Billy
    Last edited by Darkstar187; 05-16-2014 at 12:32 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    I am in the same position. I'm waiting for my Norco Sight Carbon 7 1.5 (the SLX build) and have been going crazy with anticipation for the last 4 months. To answer your question, yes... I have seen the 7.1 out in the stores already. However, I'm in Canada...but I have also seen some people in Australia have also received theirs already.

Mine should be coming this week. Haven't been able to concentrate at work because I'm so excited.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Thanks for the reply MTB. lol, I love to know that i'm not the only one out there that has this problem! I am so excited to take ownership of my bike! i really need to sell my nomad asap tho! that's the only thing that sucks right now. i feel like im selling my girlfriend. i dont want to see anyone else ride her lol is that bad?

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    My first order of Carbon Norco's arrive Wednesday. We were one of the first dealers to place our orders though. We placed them in August of last year. The frame kits, 7.2 and 7 1.5 completes are coming first but only one each. I also had a complete LE ship today. The rest will be coming in the next few days.

Billy is that you?

Matt
    Billy Goat Bikes

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    lmk the actual frameset of a meduim carbon sight when it comes in ! where is billy goat bikes located ? sell online ? thx

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Yep, got mine : )
    Picked it up here in Australia on the 20th December, however I did have the only pre production demo model in Australia for 6 weeks prior to that to meet a race commitment.
    I love it, just come back from a riding holiday to NZ which reinforced my decision to buy it. Cant say a bad word about it really

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketmatt17 View Post
    My first order of Carbon Norco's arrive Wednesday. We were one of the first dealers to place our orders though. We placed them in August of last year. The frame kits, 7.2 and 7 1.5 completes are coming first but only one each. I also had a complete LE ship today. The rest will be coming in the next few days.

Billy is that you?

Matt
    Billy Goat Bikes

Hey Matt! Yes, this is Billy! I am really excited that they are trickling in now! Anyone looking for a Norco please hit up Matt! He has been nothing but a pleasure to deal with and to top it it off more then fair with pricing and upgrading!

Jeffgre I'm glad you really like your bike. I see you swapped your avid brakes for XT, were you not satified with the x7 trail brakes? I have had avid brakes in the past never really had cared for them.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkstar187 View Post
    Jeffgre I'm glad you really like your bike. I see you swapped your avid brakes for XT, were you not satified with the x7 trail brakes? I have had avid brakes in the past never really had cared for them.
    I ran the Trail 7's on the demo bike for 6 weeks but on all my previous bikes, which are many, I have had every generation of XT's. I prefer the feel and lever shape of the XT's, I know how to service them and I guess it was a case of the deil you know. Not that the trials 7's didn't work I just prefer XT's

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgre_6163 View Post
    I ran the Trail 7's on the demo bike for 6 weeks but on all my previous bikes, which are many, I have had every generation of XT's. I prefer the feel and lever shape of the XT's, I know how to service them and I guess it was a case of the deil you know. Not that the trials 7's didn't work I just prefer XT's

I totally understand where you're coming from the XT brakes have a great feel specially the levers! You should post up more pictures of that beautiful bike!

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    How easy was it to swap over the brakes with the internal cable routing on the frame? Not like threading a needle was it?

I've got a Range Carbon on order and will swap out the Trail 7 brakes straightaway when it arrives.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    2014 Bible of Bike Tests: Norco Sight Carbon LE FS - Bike Magazine - YouTube

If you guys haven't seen the bible review I just watched it makes me confirm my choice specially with the pike.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by field_c View Post
    How easy was it to swap over the brakes with the internal cable routing on the frame? Not like threading a needle was it?
    Not really difficult at all. The small plastic covers screw in to the frame at the hose entry points, make sure you put them back on the new brake hoses the correct way before you insert the new hoses.
    Best way I found was to disconnect the rear brake hose at the master cylinder and tape a length of small diameter wire to securely to the end of the hose before you pull it out of the frame. Make sure the wire is way longer than the internal length of the down tube!. When you draw the old hose through the frame the wire follows the route. When you install the new hose tape it to the wire and gently feed/pull it through the frame. The hose should follow the path of the original hose. Simple.
    Note that you do not need to cut down the excess length of the hose [if any]. Push any excess in to the frame cavity, this will help prevent the hose rattling in the frame
    To my surprise I did not even need to bleed the XT's even with an open hose, I simply reconnected to the master cylinder and have been riding trouble free ever since.
    Good luck

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    [QUOTE]lmk the actual frameset of a meduim carbon sight when it comes in ! where is billy goat bikes located ? sell online ? thx/QUOTE]

WE are located in Asheville NC. We can ship anywhere. We dont have many medium left. One LE and One 7.2

Let me know if I can help

Matt
    matt@billygoatbikes.com

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    The review on pink bike looks great! Few things they didn't like are things I am planning on replacing

Norco Sight Carbon 7.1 - Review - Pinkbike

I plan on running that's not OE
    Pike
    Dbair CS
    XT brakes
    Enve DH bar 50mm stem
    Enve or nox carbon wheels
    Hans dampf up front, rock razor in rear

mtbr member
    I want something that climbs a tad better seeing how most of my riding consist of xc type trails that I find as many drops hits and wall rides as I can.
    I haven't ridden the Nomad but in general VPP bikes climb pretty well. Are you just hoping that the Norco climbs better (because of shorter travel perhaps?), or have you tested or heard this to be true?
    I'm curious because I'm seriously thinking about the Sight to replace my Intense VPP right now, and climbing performance is near the top of my priorities.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010

That's exactly it, shorter travel and I'm sure I will be shedding a couple of pounds. I ended up getting an Sight LE frame from Matt we are working out some of last details but the bike should be pretty dialed and light.

This is my current ride.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    I've got an XL Sight LE FS on order since November, and I don't think I'll see the bike arrive at the shop before April. I've been poking around the web to see if anyone's got theirs yet, but haven't been able to track a single photo of that model down anywhere (save for one at some shop in Australia).

I live up in Toronto and the trails won't be good to ride till mid April anyways, so I'm not that concerned...but I hope it shows up soon!

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I ordered a Sight alloy 7.1 in October. I don't know how the port of Vancouver strike is going to affect deliveries......

mtbr member
    Sep 2010

I got a little teaser from Matt! Still waiting on stuff from race face!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anyone get their sight carbon yet??-imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1395202519.684846.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2011

wow congratulations this is going to be your dream bike =) hahah - so is it possible to order the frame only through this sales rep?

mtbr member
    Sep 2010

It will be close once I get a badass shock and some carbon hoops on once I abuse the i9 enduro rims I started a build thread in the 27.5 forum

I believe Matt still has some frame onlys.

http://forums.mtbr.com/27-5-650b/nor...ld-904847.html

mtbr member
    I think I'm about to get me a Sight! I'm still not sure on the size though. The Medium felt a little cramped compared to some other brands I've ridden, and the large felt a little too big.
    The good guys at 3C bikes in Denver will swap out parts and make a custom type build starting with a 7.2 carbon. I kind of like the 7.15 build, and color, but they don't have one in stock. I still haven't ruled out the 7.1 either.
    I'm not sure I want a frame with no front derailleur mount in case I decide I prefer a 2x set up.
    Last edited by smilinsteve; 03-26-2014 at 07:18 PM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    So far loving mine!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anyone get their sight carbon yet??-img_0177.jpg  

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Wow - well played!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by shabbadeuce View Post
    I've got an XL Sight LE FS on order since November, and I don't think I'll see the bike arrive at the shop before April. I've been poking around the web to see if anyone's got theirs yet, but haven't been able to track a single photo of that model down anywhere (save for one at some shop in Australia).

I live up in Toronto and the trails won't be good to ride till mid April anyways, so I'm not that concerned...but I hope it shows up soon!
    Hey Shabbadeuce - I know that Silent Sports in Thornhill had at least one carbon Sight on their floor a few weeks ago, haven't been there since. They're definitely rolling in across Ontario though.
    ride, eat, sleep, repeat

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    by this time tomorrow...

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    So jealous mine should be getting built tomorrow! hopefull i can ride it soon enough!

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    I'm still waiting for mine in Toronto. Ordered the 7 1.5 back in August and it's been a very long and disturbing wait. I actually know of the person who bought the one from Silent Sports (a friend of a friend) but that was a couple of months ago and they haven't had another one in since. My LBS told me March with no specific date...I'm going to call them now since March is over Tuesday. I will let you know if they have an updated date.

Thinking of putting either American Classic All Mountain or the Wide Lightening wheelsets on it. They seem great for the price (light and stiff) but I'm not so sure about the durability of the Wide Lightnings - they are however extremely wide. Anyone have any thoughts on these wheels?
    Last edited by MtbC8zy; 03-28-2014 at 09:43 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Just an update...my lbs is now saying "April" - no specific date given.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    I think this has something to do with the Vancouver Port Authority truckers strike - nothing was moving for weeks (I heard it's now over) so there was a lot of cargo just sitting there.

I'm thinking that I'll see my ride by end of April...

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Was thinking the same. Let's hope we are right.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by smilinsteve View Post
    I'm not sure I want a frame with no front derailleur mount in case I decide I prefer a 2x set up.
    Once you ride 1 x 11 you will never want a front derailleur even again.
    The slick shifting and silent running will have you convinced within a couple of miles not to mention the weight saving
    If you find that you cant pull the slightly taller gearing on your local climbs swap out the Std 32 tooth front for a 30 or even a 28.
    I doubt you will need to though.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MtbC8zy View Post
    Thinking of putting either American Classic All Mountain or the Wide Lightening wheelsets on it. They seem great for the price (light and stiff) but I'm not so sure about the durability of the Wide Lightnings - they are however extremely wide. Anyone have any thoughts on these wheels?
    Here is a thread on the Wide Lightening wheels

Anyone running the american classic wide lightning yet?

mtbr member
    Mar 2013

Did you weigh the frame Darkstar? What is the frame weight?

mtbr member
    Sep 2010

Quote Originally Posted by coffeeme View Post
    Did you weigh the frame Darkstar? What is the frame weight?
    I did not I believe Matt has other frames he might be able to weight them for you.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Shame. I am looking to build one up later this year. Currently saving hard. Unfortunately Australian distributors don't do a frameset only. Will need to consider my options on how to acquire one. Might have to talk to them directly and see if they can get one in the 2015 shipment. Thanks

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Found this for all of you waiting for your bikes...enjoy

Where is my Norco Sight Carbon - Caption Generator

JNG
    mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by shabbadeuce View Post
    I think this has something to do with the Vancouver Port Authority truckers strike - nothing was moving for weeks (I heard it's now over) so there was a lot of cargo just sitting there.
    I'm thinking that I'll see my ride by end of April...
    I ordered mine at Silent Sports. According to Norco, the hold up was caused by the strike at the Vancouver port. Here is what the bike sales manager sent me:

"I was just told that norco just got access to 20 shipping containers, your bike is somewhere in one of those. They will be unloading and shipping stuff out asap but have no idea on a firm date as of right now. I will be asking weekly and will give you an update as soon as I have one."... March 31st

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by JNG View Post
    I ordered mine at Silent Sports. According to Norco, the hold up was caused by the strike at the Vancouver port. Here is what the bike sales manager sent me:

"I was just told that norco just got access to 20 shipping containers, your bike is somewhere in one of those. They will be unloading and shipping stuff out asap but have no idea on a firm date as of right now. I will be asking weekly and will give you an update as soon as I have one."... March 31st
    Hey JNG...which version did you order? I ordered the 7 1.5 and I'm hoping mine is also on one of those containers. I was in Silent Sports on Saturday and they still didn't hear anything.

JNG
    mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by MtbC8zy View Post
    Hey JNG...which version did you order? I ordered the 7 1.5 and I'm hoping mine is also on one of those containers. I was in Silent Sports on Saturday and they still didn't hear anything.
    I ordered the Sight Carbon LE FS and a RockShox Pike RCT3 fork upgrade.

JNG
    mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    On March 17th I sent a message to Norco on their Facebook page asking if they had an (Ontario) eta on my Sight Carbon LE FS.

On April 1st I got this reply from Norco: "Hi Jeff, Some of these bikes have made it to retail already. The second shipment is expected around the end of April."

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Hey guys, just a note on shocks: only in-line shocks fit on the Sight Carbon, no shock with external reservoir. There is not enough space for it! Good to know before getting Cane Creek or something like that!

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    I heard the same thing and its one of the reasons I think I am going with the Troy. Bummer.
    2014 Devinci Troy Carbon XP

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    I hear cane creek has something that will fit coming out soon!

JNG
    mtbr member
    Oct 2011

The Eagle Has Landed!

This morning I sent an email to the bike sales manager at Silent Sports (Ontario) to ask about an ETA on my Sight Carbon LE FS. Here is the response I just got:

"I've been thinking all day about how I was going to word a response saying in short that "I had no idea". Then Norco called and said the bike was in they're vancouver warehouse and was shipping out today! We should see it next week sometime!"

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    This is good news! Let's hope we are all that lucky!

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    For those of you in a waiting stage right now - hold tight - this bike is the REAL deal. Had a "breakthrough' ride last night - finally have the fork / shock settings dialed - so i attacked lines and tech features that have given me fits and after cleaning 1 particular feature ive cleaned only 1 in 50 times previously - on the first try both up and down - i was laughing out loud and talking to myself the rest of the ride... really excited to take this bike everywhere possible in CO and Utah this year. If they are in warehouse and ready to ship its only a few more days ?

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Thanx Kamper11,,,,,, I'm already having sleepless nights waiting for my 1.5 Lol, now after reading your post I'm so stoked I'm going to put off sleep till it arrives. No better ride stoke than concurring a section of trail that has been difficult,, so congrats!! What version of the sight did you get??

mtbr member
    Nov 2007

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Thanks indebt - I went with the 7.2 c - to have budget for what I personally considered to be money well spent on upgrades - wheels and a Pike. I originally wanted the 7.1.5 - but knowing I wanted wheels and pike woulda put me over the top. I will say - cant go wrong w either kit - my only "issue" w the 7.1.5 was the fox fork. I hear they are better than 13 models - but the pike is miles better than my 13 fox 34.

Also - being more a shimano guy - I really do like the spec on the 1.5 - however - now that Im ridng the SRAM x9t2 - i couldnt be more pleased, - shifts lightning quick and very light on the shifter lever. I also went wolftooth 1x10 - so 42t gc rear adn 30t n/w front... its awesome having the range without the front mech/shifter - my left side on the bars is a seat dropper remote and brake.

At the recommendation of my shop - i stuck w the formula brakes which I had concerns about - was planning an slx or xt swap - will say I am pleasantly surprised and they do have better modulation at the lever - and when you get to the end - great power - so i guess that leaves a few shillings for carbon bars??

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast