Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Sep 2010

Anyone get their sight carbon yet??

Hello!
    I put a deposit down on a carbon sight 7.1 with a 150 pike. I am curious if anyone has received theirs yet?? I saw a review on a demo from another member here on mtbr as well as few on the alloy version of the bike. Seems like a great bike. I'll be coming off a nomad which is a really playful 160 bike! I am kinda sad that it's for sale it's been such a great bike!! I do want to try something different, most of my bikes have been VPP bikes. I want something that climbs a tad better seeing how most of my riding consist of xc type trails that I find as many drops hits and wall rides as I can. So I am pretty dang excited to take ownership of my new bike! I kinda took a punge buying it, buy I don't think I will regret it one bit!

Thanks
    Billy
    Last edited by Darkstar187; 05-16-2014 at 01:32 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    I am in the same position. I'm waiting for my Norco Sight Carbon 7 1.5 (the SLX build) and have been going crazy with anticipation for the last 4 months. To answer your question, yes... I have seen the 7.1 out in the stores already. However, I'm in Canada...but I have also seen some people in Australia have also received theirs already.

Mine should be coming this week. Haven't been able to concentrate at work because I'm so excited.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Thanks for the reply MTB. lol, I love to know that i'm not the only one out there that has this problem! I am so excited to take ownership of my bike! i really need to sell my nomad asap tho! that's the only thing that sucks right now. i feel like im selling my girlfriend. i dont want to see anyone else ride her lol is that bad?

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    My first order of Carbon Norco's arrive Wednesday. We were one of the first dealers to place our orders though. We placed them in August of last year. The frame kits, 7.2 and 7 1.5 completes are coming first but only one each. I also had a complete LE ship today. The rest will be coming in the next few days.

Billy is that you?

Matt
    Billy Goat Bikes

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    lmk the actual frameset of a meduim carbon sight when it comes in ! where is billy goat bikes located ? sell online ? thx

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Yep, got mine : )
    Picked it up here in Australia on the 20th December, however I did have the only pre production demo model in Australia for 6 weeks prior to that to meet a race commitment.
    I love it, just come back from a riding holiday to NZ which reinforced my decision to buy it. Cant say a bad word about it really

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketmatt17 View Post
    My first order of Carbon Norco's arrive Wednesday. We were one of the first dealers to place our orders though. We placed them in August of last year. The frame kits, 7.2 and 7 1.5 completes are coming first but only one each. I also had a complete LE ship today. The rest will be coming in the next few days.

Billy is that you?

Matt
    Billy Goat Bikes

Hey Matt! Yes, this is Billy! I am really excited that they are trickling in now! Anyone looking for a Norco please hit up Matt! He has been nothing but a pleasure to deal with and to top it it off more then fair with pricing and upgrading!

Jeffgre I'm glad you really like your bike. I see you swapped your avid brakes for XT, were you not satified with the x7 trail brakes? I have had avid brakes in the past never really had cared for them.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkstar187 View Post
    Jeffgre I'm glad you really like your bike. I see you swapped your avid brakes for XT, were you not satified with the x7 trail brakes? I have had avid brakes in the past never really had cared for them.
    I ran the Trail 7's on the demo bike for 6 weeks but on all my previous bikes, which are many, I have had every generation of XT's. I prefer the feel and lever shape of the XT's, I know how to service them and I guess it was a case of the deil you know. Not that the trials 7's didn't work I just prefer XT's

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgre_6163 View Post
    I ran the Trail 7's on the demo bike for 6 weeks but on all my previous bikes, which are many, I have had every generation of XT's. I prefer the feel and lever shape of the XT's, I know how to service them and I guess it was a case of the deil you know. Not that the trials 7's didn't work I just prefer XT's

I totally understand where you're coming from the XT brakes have a great feel specially the levers! You should post up more pictures of that beautiful bike!

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    How easy was it to swap over the brakes with the internal cable routing on the frame? Not like threading a needle was it?

I've got a Range Carbon on order and will swap out the Trail 7 brakes straightaway when it arrives.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    2014 Bible of Bike Tests: Norco Sight Carbon LE FS - Bike Magazine - YouTube

If you guys haven't seen the bible review I just watched it makes me confirm my choice specially with the pike.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by field_c View Post
    How easy was it to swap over the brakes with the internal cable routing on the frame? Not like threading a needle was it?
    Not really difficult at all. The small plastic covers screw in to the frame at the hose entry points, make sure you put them back on the new brake hoses the correct way before you insert the new hoses.
    Best way I found was to disconnect the rear brake hose at the master cylinder and tape a length of small diameter wire to securely to the end of the hose before you pull it out of the frame. Make sure the wire is way longer than the internal length of the down tube!. When you draw the old hose through the frame the wire follows the route. When you install the new hose tape it to the wire and gently feed/pull it through the frame. The hose should follow the path of the original hose. Simple.
    Note that you do not need to cut down the excess length of the hose [if any]. Push any excess in to the frame cavity, this will help prevent the hose rattling in the frame
    To my surprise I did not even need to bleed the XT's even with an open hose, I simply reconnected to the master cylinder and have been riding trouble free ever since.
    Good luck

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    [QUOTE]lmk the actual frameset of a meduim carbon sight when it comes in ! where is billy goat bikes located ? sell online ? thx/QUOTE]

WE are located in Asheville NC. We can ship anywhere. We dont have many medium left. One LE and One 7.2

Let me know if I can help

Matt
    matt@billygoatbikes.com

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    The review on pink bike looks great! Few things they didn't like are things I am planning on replacing

Norco Sight Carbon 7.1 - Review - Pinkbike

I plan on running that's not OE
    Pike
    Dbair CS
    XT brakes
    Enve DH bar 50mm stem
    Enve or nox carbon wheels
    Hans dampf up front, rock razor in rear

mtbr member
    I want something that climbs a tad better seeing how most of my riding consist of xc type trails that I find as many drops hits and wall rides as I can.
    I haven't ridden the Nomad but in general VPP bikes climb pretty well. Are you just hoping that the Norco climbs better (because of shorter travel perhaps?), or have you tested or heard this to be true?
    I'm curious because I'm seriously thinking about the Sight to replace my Intense VPP right now, and climbing performance is near the top of my priorities.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010

That's exactly it, shorter travel and I'm sure I will be shedding a couple of pounds. I ended up getting an Sight LE frame from Matt we are working out some of last details but the bike should be pretty dialed and light.

This is my current ride.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    I've got an XL Sight LE FS on order since November, and I don't think I'll see the bike arrive at the shop before April. I've been poking around the web to see if anyone's got theirs yet, but haven't been able to track a single photo of that model down anywhere (save for one at some shop in Australia).

I live up in Toronto and the trails won't be good to ride till mid April anyways, so I'm not that concerned...but I hope it shows up soon!

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I ordered a Sight alloy 7.1 in October. I don't know how the port of Vancouver strike is going to affect deliveries......

mtbr member
    Sep 2010

I got a little teaser from Matt! Still waiting on stuff from race face!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anyone get their sight carbon yet??-imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1395202519.684846.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I got a little teaser from Matt! Still waiting on stuff from race face!

wow congratulations this is going to be your dream bike =) hahah - so is it possible to order the frame only through this sales rep?

mtbr member
    Sep 2010

It will be close once I get a badass shock and some carbon hoops on once I abuse the i9 enduro rims I started a build thread in the 27.5 forum

I believe Matt still has some frame onlys.

Norco Sight LE build

mtbr member
    I think I'm about to get me a Sight! I'm still not sure on the size though. The Medium felt a little cramped compared to some other brands I've ridden, and the large felt a little too big.
    The good guys at 3C bikes in Denver will swap out parts and make a custom type build starting with a 7.2 carbon. I kind of like the 7.15 build, and color, but they don't have one in stock. I still haven't ruled out the 7.1 either.
    I'm not sure I want a frame with no front derailleur mount in case I decide I prefer a 2x set up.
    Last edited by smilinsteve; 03-26-2014 at 08:18 PM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    So far loving mine!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anyone get their sight carbon yet??-img_0177.jpg  

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Wow - well played!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by shabbadeuce View Post
    I've got an XL Sight LE FS on order since November, and I don't think I'll see the bike arrive at the shop before April. I've been poking around the web to see if anyone's got theirs yet, but haven't been able to track a single photo of that model down anywhere (save for one at some shop in Australia).

I live up in Toronto and the trails won't be good to ride till mid April anyways, so I'm not that concerned...but I hope it shows up soon!
    Hey Shabbadeuce - I know that Silent Sports in Thornhill had at least one carbon Sight on their floor a few weeks ago, haven't been there since. They're definitely rolling in across Ontario though.
    ride, eat, sleep, repeat

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast