mtbr member

2014 Norco Sight Alloy 7.2

Hey all,

I just wanted to know if any other Norco Sight Alloy riders are experiencing crazy creaking and squeaking from their frames?

Soon I will be bringing it back to the bike shop where I bought it from, but I do not have much faith in them since they are primarily a road bike shop.

After the first drop on the trail it's a front row seat to creak-fest.

It feels like it is originating from the shock mount though.

Thanks all,

Bryan
    Last edited by bryan_d; 08-06-2014 at 12:03 AM.
    Just keep pedaling, don't stop pedaling.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    I know of one very popular bike shop that says it has had tons of problems with their Norcos, carbon and alloy. To the point where they are thinking of dropping them.

That being said, I hope its rarer than they are making it out to be because I just bought a new 7.2 off Ebay for a great price.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    clean the inside seat tube and the seat post. it will creak something awful with just a little sand in there. worth a 3 minute try, eh?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by richulr View Post
    I know of one very popular bike shop that says it has had tons of problems with their Norcos, carbon and alloy. To the point where they are thinking of dropping them.

That being said, I hope its rarer than they are making it out to be because I just bought a new 7.2 off Ebay for a great price.
    The Norco I test rode had a funky shock noise during bunny hops or drops, but it was surely the suspension. The noise that I am getting is definitely from the frame.

Quote Originally Posted by Hophead1 View Post
    clean the inside seat tube and the seat post. it will creak something awful with just a little sand in there. worth a 3 minute try, eh?
    The noise is found while pressing down on the top tube, but I will exhaust every option; granted it will not be a 3 minute job due to the stealth routing.

Thanks guys and keep them coming all.

Bryan

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    not sure if this may help - but when pressing down on the saddle - I get a feeling of stiction to move the shock - and a groany noise - was thinking the shock pivots may be torqued too high, or sticky etc... it was all the xfusion seat post as pressing on top tube or anywhere else - everything is smooth and quiet... thankfully

on another note - about 500 miles of good solid front range CO riding and NO squeaks or groans other than head - early on - took it to shop and they pulled the fork and re-lubed everything - still going quiet - again - thankfully

mtbr member

Creaks!

Quote Originally Posted by kamper11 View Post
    not sure if this may help - but when pressing down on the saddle - I get a feeling of stiction to move the shock - and a groany noise - was thinking the shock pivots may be torqued too high, or sticky etc... it was all the xfusion seat post as pressing on top tube or anywhere else - everything is smooth and quiet... thankfully

on another note - about 500 miles of good solid front range CO riding and NO squeaks or groans other than head - early on - took it to shop and they pulled the fork and re-lubed everything - still going quiet - again - thankfully

Thanks for sharing.

Because of my schedule, this will be my fourth ride this weekend (60miles). It is the drops or g-outs that bring the loud clack then creaking. If it still happens, then I will try to get the warranty at the shop.

Bryan

Sent from my Venue 8 Pro 5830 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bryan_d; 08-06-2014 at 12:06 AM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Is this the bright yellowish green model? I'm looking at one.

Is it a women's bike? Every ad and two vids I watched of the bike had a women on it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Backyard Pro View Post
    Is this the bright yellowish green model? I'm looking at one.

Is it a women's bike? Every ad and two vids I watched of the bike had a women on it.
    All Norco Sights are the same unisex, there is no women or men specific bikes. The color of bikes matches the specific component configuration (7.2, 7.1.5, 7.1, LE).

As far as frame and geometry, there is no difference between different colors.

mtbr member

2014 Norco Sight Alloy 7.2

You can probably get more men to bed with you with the yellow color, though I do not have the scientific evidence to back this claim.

I like my yellow Norco Sight.

PS - the shop is currently working to get a new shock for the bike. They suspect the noise is originating from the shock. Fingers crossed.

Master of the Face Plant
    Feb 2004
    Mine creaked a bit for a while. I tried tracking it down, removed the BB and relubed it, seatpost, saddle etc with no luck. Finally removed the pivot bolts, cleaned and tightened to proper spec and it was gone. I don't think I have ever owned a full susser bike that didn't have a creak or two at some point.
    http://www.nbbikes.com/
    ^^^Best Bike Shop of MTBR 2008^^^

mtbr member
    Update!

The shop really pulled through with my bike. They went through all my pivots and still found the squeaking. Narrowed it down to the rear shock, bushings or shock shaft I don't know, and instead of repairing the original Monarch R, they swapped it with this Monarch RT3 Debonair.

Squeaking is gone, and I know have a better shock!!!

Can't wait to test it tomorrow.

Bryan

Sent from my Venue 8 Pro 5830 using Tapatalk