mtbr member
    Dec 2005

2012 Norco Revolver 1 review

We posted up my review of the 2012 Norco Revolver 1 on the site today:

2012 Norco Revolver 1 Review | Mountain Bike Review

Feel free to hit me with any questions about the bike and I'll do what I can to answer them.
    Support your local advocacy group: FVMBA!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Nice review. I am still trying to decide between the Revolver, Shinobi and now the Sight Killer B. I live in Nelson where 99 percent of the rides are steep and three quarters of those are too steep for me. I want a bike that climbs well but that might also open the door for me to some of those less scary descents in the area. It kind of sounds like the Revolver might be OK? I guess that was a question. I don't mind having too much bike but it's got to be able to climb well and pedal fast on the flat trails. If I had my druthers, I would be living in southern Utah riding through rocky canyons and deserts, but alas........ I am not complaining, Nelson is beautiful area but it definitely pushes the limits for me.

Any insight would be appreciated.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    FYI the price dropped on the 2013 Revolver 1 from ~4400 to ~3400. Not bad for full XT, fox front and back and a carbon bar.

Whether or not its good for nelson I can't say. I live in the praries and Im heavily considering it.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    What a deal and wonder why the drastic drop price. I have all but ruled it out and probably going with the Shinobi 1 since I have heard it climbs pretty well and it will be better suited for the trails in this area. Indeed the Revolver would be a great bike for the prairies.