(Mtbr Site Manager) Administrator

2011 Norco Range!

By far, the most popular bike at the 2011 Norco Product Launch is their all new “Range”. The Range is replacing the LT 6 series. It is a 6″ travel all mountain bike that can even handle light freeriding.

In this video, Engineering Manager PJ Hunton explains the details of the Range:

Highlights:

-160mm of A.R.T. suspension
    Benefits of A.R.T include:
    *proven FSR suspension design for an active ride
    *improved anti-squat to reduce pedal bob
    *rearward axle path for improved square edge bump compliance
    *lower leverage ratio for finer tuning

-integrated dropout desing with Syntace x-12 142×12mm axle system

-tapered headtube

-forged, one-piece, ergonomic linkarm

-cable guides so frame is ready for your Gravity Dropper or other adjustable seatpost

-ISCG 05 mount for chain guides or Hammerschmidt

-hydroformed and butted mainframe tubing

-5 frame sizes from XS to XL

-anodized finish on top 2 models (for added durability and weight savings)

Prices are:
    Range SE – $6950
    Range 1 – $4580
    Range 2 – $3365
    Range 3 – $2415
    The Range will be available at your local Norco dealer starting October 2010.

More info and photos here:

http://reviews.mtbr.com/blog/norco-2...6-travel-bike/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2011 Norco Range!-norco_rangese.jpg  

Like us on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/Mtbrcom

Follow us on Twitter - twitter.com/Mtbr

Mtbr YouTube Channel

Subject to Whimsy
    Dec 2009
    I spent a few hours on a Range 1 courtesy of my LBS. Much more burly bike than both my Fluid and Altitude.
    I was able to spend some time on the the more pedally trails on Bear Mountain in Mission BC, which is the location of the BC Cup dh course.

2011 Norco Range!-imgp0358.jpg

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    just ordered the new norco range 2 from totally spoked in stratford on. can't wait to get it, this bike is replacing my opus maadh 3 that was stolen 3 weeks ago. Looking forward to riding some new technology.

Subject to Whimsy
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by cubb
    just ordered the new norco range 2 from totally spoked in stratford on. can't wait to get it, this bike is replacing my opus maadh 3 that was stolen 3 weeks ago. Looking forward to riding some new technology.
    I was impressed with what Norco has done with this bike. It pedals and climbs well and is capable of much more than I could throw at it.
    For myself, it's probably too much bike but it sure is fun.
    Enjoy!

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    That is good to hear. I picked this bike between the specialized enduro and giant reign. I really liked the design of the rear end and the solid rear main pivot the bike just seemed really well designed and would suit my riding style.

I really wanted a bike that i could take to blue mountain in ontario that would have enough beef to take the rough stuff yet still pedal well. I hope i made the right choice. It looks like it's going to be a sweet ride. Can't wait.

bi-winning
    In Canada, the price on the Range SE is $7950. That seems like an awful lot for a Norco IMHO.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Ya it is a lot of money, but why can a brand with a similar build cost the same amount and that price be ok with people?

I've heard a few people say that you get less bike for more money when you buy a norco? But when looking at the specs and build of the reign and the enduro there really wasn't much difference for the price. Norco has put a tone of r&d in to this A.R.T suspension post mount breaks and re-designed rear deraillure hanger it's a pretty sweet design.

Also for the 2011 enduro there wasn't a model i was interested in, around the 3500 dollar range.

I think the range has a lot going for it. I wanted 35mm or 36mm fork no coil rear shock and a beefy build. Between norco giant and spcialized, norco was the only one that offered this package at that price range.

cheers.

bi-winning
    Quote Originally Posted by cubb
    Ya it is a lot of money, but why can a brand with a similar build cost the same amount and that price be ok with people?
    cheers.
    I guess I should not be so surprised to see an $8000 bicycle from a major brand. We've all seen it before - S-Works is a prime example. And on that note, it seems the Range SE is still cheaper than the S-Works Enduro.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I've got a line on a Range 1 at a silly deal and debating whether I should take it or not, I currently ride a 2008 Giant Trance X1 and really like it. I typically ride Southern Ontario trails (mostly Buckwallow/Porcupine Ridge/Don) but would like to start hitting Horseshoe and possibly Blue next season. I'm still thinking that a 6" bike is a bit overkill for Ontario...but at 29lbs the Range isn't much heavier than my current bike and yet it's far burlier. Thoughts?
    ride, eat, sleep, repeat

Subject to Whimsy
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by tdotrider
    I've got a line on a Range 1 at a silly deal and debating whether I should take it or not, I currently ride a 2008 Giant Trance X1 and really like it. I typically ride Southern Ontario trails (mostly Buckwallow/Porcupine Ridge/Don) but would like to start hitting Horseshoe and possibly Blue next season. I'm still thinking that a 6" bike is a bit overkill for Ontario...but at 29lbs the Range isn't much heavier than my current bike and yet it's far burlier. Thoughts?
    Check out this preview for more info:
    http://www.pinkbike.com/news/2011-no...the-trail.html
    This was written by someone who's bike-ability I respect as he can outride me pretty much any time.
    I don't know your trails but consider that I believe the Range is able to take the place of a more xc oriented bike while at the same time very likely to manage bike park stuff too - true "All Mountain" in other words.
    Tire choice is going to affect the weight of the bike more than most things and this of course will affect how well it pedals.
    When I had an opportunity to test out the Range, it was saddled with 2.35 Nevegals in a DH casing. I believe with a more sensible tire choice - condition specific of course - the Range is a very capable pedaller.
    It's hard to say if the Range will be suitable for you as only you can decide that but if you want some room for error this is a fabulous choice.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I just love this bike. Right on part with Nomad and Mojo HD

mtbr member
    That is a SWEET bike. Contemplating selling the Fluid to buy one of these.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Picked up a Range 1 to replace the Nomad 1.5 I was on before. Did a 12hr XC race on the Range, a few days later had it in the Whistler Bike Park