mtbr member

2009 Norco Fluid LT and what type of hitch rack?

Soon I will be getting a 2009 Norco Fluid LT from my LBS that has it leftover from last year and at a great price + warranty. I currently have a Hollywood Road Runner Hitch 4 Bike Rack to carry our hard tails, but I am concerned I wont be able to carry the LT since the rack is for "traditional frames"
    Those of you with a Norco Fluid LT can you carry it with a traditional style hitch rack, or do I need to get a "sport rider" style rack? Just wondering what you guys are using.
    Road Runner (What I have)

Sport Rider

Thanks for your help.
    Rueben

Raider of the Lost Creek
    Hey Harm,

I have a 09 Norco Fluid LT as well. And I use both style racks that you show in your post. By using this: http://www.saris.com/p-170-bike-beam.aspx you can easily use the rack you already have. Just attach it to under the stem and saddle. Only draw back is having another piece of gear to remember to bring and keep track of. And at approx 30-40 dollars, it is the more cost effective solution.

Best of luck!

Switch
    "Strange as it seems, no amount of learning can cure stupidity, and higher education positively fortifies it."

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Switchback XC
    Hey Harm,

I have a 09 Norco Fluid LT as well. And I use both style racks that you show in your post. By using this: http://www.saris.com/p-170-bike-beam.aspx you can easily use the rack you already have. Just attach it to under the stem and saddle. Only draw back is having another piece of gear to remember to bring and keep track of. And at approx 30-40 dollars, it is the more cost effective solution.

Best of luck!

Switch
    Thanks Switch! I have looked at getting one of these but didnt know how secure they are at holding the frame.
    Rueben

Raider of the Lost Creek
    Hey Harm,

I definitely understand your apprehension. I've used a few different styles, from a few different companies. Some of them I had very little confidence in, and they are now buried in the garage somewhere. The Saris version has been by far the best of those I've used and would recommend it to anyone. And, as long as you are careful with it, you shouldn't scratch or damage your frame in any way.

Switch
    "Strange as it seems, no amount of learning can cure stupidity, and higher education positively fortifies it."

Northeastern Rider
    Feb 2009
    This is a great thread as I too just grabbed an 09 LT and am shopping for options.
    "The original concept of freeriding was that there was no set course, goals or rules to abide by. "
    Mountain Riders

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    I also just bought an '09 LT and I just did a 1200 mile road trip with mine on a "traditional" rack and had no problems.
    2011 Sette Jamr
    '08 Azonic Steelhead
    '09 Norco Fluid LT3