Steve
    Jul 2006

2007 Norco Rival

I just purchased an 07 Norco Rival

The bike is great. i love everything about it. I keep going down to the garage every 10 mins to look at it. (its dark now so i cant really ride)

Its a comfortable bike. Nice seat, easy to pedal, nice chrisp shifting, the frame is STRONG, bouncy forks, nice colour, great grippy tires and really good breaks.Its light.....i love it. I cant wait to go out on track tomorrow and see how this bike goes.

Anyway i just thought id tell u all that it's a really good bike, comfortable to ride, strong...

Are there any other rival riders around? let me know!

Here's a picture (i'll take a better pic when i can stay off the bike long enough):
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member

Congrats

"I keep going down to the garage every 10 mins to look at it."

I love that. Congrats on the new bike. My bike is now 3 years old and although I still love to look at it, I only check on it when I come home from a long bikeless vacation.

= dirt torpedo =
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by steve695
    bouncy forks
    how many forks you got on that bike?

Steve
    Jul 2006
    lol..... what do u mean by how many forks? i only have the pair on the front if that's what u mean.

What kind of bike do u have Pinerider? What about you Blender?

Anyway its a great bike. I took it off a few drops yesterday and over a few jumps and did a big of XC and its really comfortable to ride and it takes drops like nothing. It also feels very stable in the air which suprised me considering the size of the bike. This bike is going to last me forever.

I love it. I'm only just getting into the freeride scene and im already having alot of fun. i rode from 8am until 5pm yesterday non stop - i don't think i have ridden for that long in ages. I'm acually thinking of starting cross-country racing, Because it is a very fast bike and I think that'd be fun. I don't know if there are any places in my area for it though, I'll have to find out.

So what do you guys ride?

Steve
    Jul 2006
    here is a better pic
    Attached Images Attached Images

Just got a Norco Rival
    Jun 2007
    I just bought a Rival today. I love it. It's so nice and smooth. I also go and check on it very often making sure it didn't fall over or something.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Ooh, I ride an 06, can I join in?
    (Old pic)

Love it...
    Except the pedals, I slipped off and snapped the seatpost bolt, so I replaced them the other day...
    I like the rival though, good entry hardtail...

mtbr member
    nice bikes all around

mtbr member
    Looks like a nice bike. My friend is getting one in the fall. I am glad to hear the good reviews. Have fun!
    Looking to buy Vintage Brodies, Rocky Mountain's and steel Dekerf or Cove hardtails.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I'm a rival rider too. '06 for me. @ Markiiu: They make a freakin white one? The choice I had was a black/brown pearlescent or nothing. The only things I've found wrong with it is how touchy the brakes are, and the rims could be stronger. Its an all mountain bike, but I use mine for dirt jumping, so I'm upgrading my fork this weekend to a Marzocchi DJ3. Oh, and if you do decide to use it for dirt jumping, I would suggest changing the stem, mine cracked all the way through after about 8 months, but I hink the '07 is a bit better for dirt jumping.

Its an old pic, I'll try to upload a new one once the new fork is on.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I just noticed that the '07 is a lot taller near the seatpost than the '06. Weird

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I'm buying a new 07' Norco Rival and I'm getting it $300 off the original price.
    Its sounds like a wicked bike from all the reviews.
    P.S. what is this bike good for? (e.g. Dirt Jumping, Light Freeride...)?

EWT
    mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    coo

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I currently own a 09 specialized p1 am ridden for 2 seasons and have had no problems with it besides a pedal swap and some minnor fixes lately i have been jumping this bike and it has been holding up alrite. I am not sure if it suppost to be used for jumping and that hard of riding though.

any comments?

One other thing i have been concidering, a friend has an 07 norco rival that he wants to trade for my specialized mainly because he is only a xc street rider who could get more use out of all 24 gears u know going to and from work up hill both ways haha
    Would it be worth my while to trade?

I realy dont know much about the rival besides it has a set of shocks that say dirt jumper 4 haha so that is of to a good start in my eyes.

I dunno any input would be appreciated i am realy stuck on this decision.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! help me!!

i have to buy 200 dolleers in parts and labur, and i dont even know what year mi bike is! ill get a pic , but i need ur guys help

mtbr member
    Oct 2011

I Ride a 07 Rival too!

Hey man just letting you know i ride a 07 rival too. They are great.