mtbr member
    May 2008

07 Norco Rampage frame 250? worth it?

hello all,

There's a frame for sale and its a brand new 07 rampage frame for $250 in medium.
    Does it sound like a good deal? i dont know how much the frame goes for retail.

i am 5'11 with a 31inch inseam, would the MEDIUM fit me?
    does anyone know the weight? i was told its 6.4lb.
    Also where is this frame made?
    ALso is there a big difference from the 07 to the 08's?

On the website of Norco it states the head tube as 120 is that in mm? or what would it be in inches. Norco's site doesn't have much info on the frame.

this frame wasn't on my initial list of build but the price is really build budget friendly. Does anyone have any insight or personal experience with this frame? In the USA there isn't much people with it so i cant test ride one.

i am looking for a trail/urban bike. in my city there isnt much trails and no mtns that's easy access.

here was my choices of frames
    24 bicylces toy4 (in stock at my LBS) maybe a toy 5
    yeti DJ
    Santa cruz chameleon

dreaming of bottlerockets
    http://www.norco.com/bikes/archives/ - Check here for the Norco bike archives. You can get geometry info for the frame there.

According to their website, geometry numbers for the 07's vs. 08's are virtually identical. If you are going to use the bike for a mix of dirtjumping, trails, and freeride, the frame will fit you fine if you need to pedal it.

Norco tends to overbuild their hardtail frames. Assuming the weight you were given is correct, the frame is 0.6lb heavier than Transition's Vagrant, which is a very burly hardtail.

Regardless, $250 is a pretty good deal for an '07 Norco frame. The other frames would probably have better geometry for dirtjump/park/street, but the Norco would be more versatile. It's not really a "bling" kind of frame, and you need a tensioner to run as a singlespeed because of the vertical dropouts.
    if it ain't broke you ain't ridin' hard enough
    http://www.outdoorsclub.ca - I'm the webmaster and I help run trips!

mtbr member
    May 2008
    thanks for the reply excel
    i picked up the frame for 200 dollars. brand new 07 medium.

i will be riding some trails, and mostly city stuff.

i think i have to weigh it to see for myself.

i hope i got a good deal for 200. frame looks shiny i will post pics later.

dreaming of bottlerockets
    You aren't going to get a much better deal for a burly aluminum frame - especially one that's brand new.

You won't really notice the weight, and it's beefy enough that you won't break it unless you case a lot of dirtjumps. I like the color scheme for the '07 Rampage.
    if it ain't broke you ain't ridin' hard enough
    http://www.outdoorsclub.ca - I'm the webmaster and I help run trips!