Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Winter Project - Niner Air 9 RDO

30K views 117 replies 25 participants last post by  JeffhMTBer 
#1 ·
Brown Santa dropped off the first parts of my winter project yesterday! I'll be building this up over the next few months, and hope to have it on the trail by the first weekend in March!

The (medium) frame, as most of you already know, is a work of art! I threw it on my (Park Tool) scale last night, and it weighed in a 2.5 pounds. Wow! I knew it was light, but I was honestly expecting it to be little heavier!

I'll post updates and pics (and probably stupid questions) as I get it built up!

Attachments

See less See more
#117 ·
If you're lucky you might be able fit bigger cog with Raceface Next SL new crankset. According to Raceface you can flip cogs and get additional 3mm clearance.

I had a discussion with Raceface about another thing and they mentioned this.

"XX1 comes in 2 chainline/1-factor options and our Next SL would have a 1mm wider Q-Factor than the wider XX1’s Q-Factor. The chainline would be slightly more narrow than the XX1 as we chose to offset the chainline more to the bigger cogs as this is where the majority of the cassette wear will be done and many riders will spend most of their time in these cogs. We based the chainline on our new Next SL DM rings off the XX1 and XO1 drivetrains, so there should be no adjustments necessary for swaping out the cranks. If you get the Race Face PF30 CINCH BB, there will be no spacers required and it will drop right into your frame! Another cool feature of the Next SL’s is our DM rings are offset so you have an additional 3mm of clearance if you flip the chainrings"

#118 ·
If you're lucky you might be able fit bigger cog with Raceface Next SL new crankset. According to Raceface you can flip cogs and get additional 3mm clearance.

I had a discussion with Raceface about another thing and they mentioned this.

"XX1 comes in 2 chainline/1-factor options and our Next SL would have a 1mm wider Q-Factor than the wider XX1's Q-Factor. The chainline would be slightly more narrow than the XX1 as we chose to offset the chainline more to the bigger cogs as this is where the majority of the cassette wear will be done and many riders will spend most of their time in these cogs. We based the chainline on our new Next SL DM rings off the XX1 and XO1 drivetrains, so there should be no adjustments necessary for swaping out the cranks. If you get the Race Face PF30 CINCH BB, there will be no spacers required and it will drop right into your frame! Another cool feature of the Next SL's is our DM rings are offset so you have an additional 3mm of clearance if you flip the chainrings"
Well that's intereting. This might be the solution. Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.