Wife's New Air9 RDO

I have been building my wife an Air9 RDO

Well it's finished now.

Manitou Tower fork with 15mm T/A

XX1 Group

XX brakes

I9/ Arch EX wheels

Racing Ralph tyres.

We are heading to the forest tomorrow so we will see what she thinks.

We will be taking her Jet9 RDO as well ( 2x10 ) so it will be an interesting day for her.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wife's New Air9 RDO-nikis-air9-rdo-002.jpg  

Wife's New Air9 RDO-nikis-air9-rdo-003.jpg  

Wife's New Air9 RDO-nikis-air9-rdo-004.jpg  

Wicketed
    Very nice Muzz. I can't imagine she'll be disappointed :-)
    Oh to have a choice between that and a Jet RDO......
    'I've got a bike, you can ride it if you like. It's got a basket, a bell that rings, and things to make it look good' - Syd B

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    If she doesn't like it I suggest getting a divorce. Just be careful not to lose the bike in the divorce.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Is that a Tower Pro or Expert? I opted for a Tower Pro site unseen based on reviews and price. I'm interested to here how she likes it.

Carbon & Ti rule
    It is a Tower Pro fork.

I have been running a Tower Pro ( 120mm )on my Green jet9 RDO for the last couple of weeks & they are nice forks.

Quote Originally Posted by WoodstockMTB View Post
    Is that a Tower Pro or Expert? I opted for a Tower Pro site unseen based on reviews and price. I'm interested to here how she likes it.

reading comprehension wat
    I'm thinking of a Niner AIR 9 RDO, to enable me to beef up my 5" FS bike. I'm a bit thrown off by the cable+housing, fork, and BB choice. Seeing how it uses full cable housing, I'm thinking a cheap Shimano setup would work fine, using a cheap Deore (or Zee or SLX) shifter and a Shimano clutch RD (Zee, SLX, XT, XTR). Was thinking about 1x10 (11-36 cassette) with XX1 BB30 cranks for the special chainring and carbon cranks and SRAM PF30 BB installed dry. I found a SID Brain fork used for cheaper than a Tower Pro, but it's QR only with alloy CSU. I was gonna run Haven carbon wheels and a dropper post (yes, in a HT)... what are you opinions? I see you have a stable full of Niners, and hear cables and shifting was once a prob on some other models like the A9C.

Planning on this 29er HT being my high average speed cruiser mile buster build, for riding long epics up in the mountains and being able to cruise down comfortably, hanging out with XC buddies, with my 5" FS bike being the daring hard charging play bike, maybe hanging out with the jumping, hucking, dropping, rock rolling, and techy line crew. Under 1300 USD for a 2.5 lb frame with decent geo and awesome looks makes it appealing.

Carbon & Ti rule
    For what you are looking for, most of it looks good to me.

I wouldn't buy a secound hand brain anything & not keen on std QR Forks either but that's me.

Quote Originally Posted by dv8xin View Post
    I'm thinking of a Niner AIR 9 RDO, to enable me to beef up my 5" FS bike. I'm a bit thrown off by the cable+housing, fork, and BB choice. Seeing how it uses full cable housing, I'm thinking a cheap Shimano setup would work fine, using a cheap Deore (or Zee or SLX) shifter and a Shimano clutch RD (Zee, SLX, XT, XTR). Was thinking about 1x10 (11-36 cassette) with XX1 BB30 cranks for the special chainring and carbon cranks and SRAM PF30 BB installed dry. I found a SID Brain fork used for cheaper than a Tower Pro, but it's QR only with alloy CSU. I was gonna run Haven carbon wheels and a dropper post (yes, in a HT)... what are you opinions? I see you have a stable full of Niners, and hear cables and shifting was once a prob on some other models like the A9C.

Planning on this 29er HT being my high average speed cruiser mile buster build, for riding long epics up in the mountains and being able to cruise down comfortably, hanging out with XC buddies, with my 5" FS bike being the daring hard charging play bike, maybe hanging out with the jumping, hucking, dropping, rock rolling, and techy line crew. Under 1300 USD for a 2.5 lb frame with decent geo and awesome looks makes it appealing.