Super Clyde

Who's going to be the first one to get a ROS 9?

I'm in The planning stages of building a bike and it looks like it will be a Niner. I demoed an Air 9 RDO today and while I liked it, I may go with a SIR 9 instead mainly because I'm a Super Clyde. I'm interested to see how the ROS 9, with it's slacker head tube angle and the increased travel of the front fork handles on tighter single track.

Sent from a telecommunication device with a touch screen keyboard.

mtbr member

Who's going to be the first one to get a ROS 9?

I won't be the first, but planning on building one up this winter. Rally Blue curved tubes, looks awesome!

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by five5 View Post
    I won't be the first, but planning on building one up this winter. Rally Blue curved tubes, looks awesome!
    +1. A ROS9 build just moved to the top of my to do list. It solves a multitude of problems for me - an excuse to buy another niner, it gives me a place to move my rally blue revelation to from my rip9 RDO so can pull the trigger on a new pike...... All completely necessary and logical reasons.

mtbr member
    I'm going to tell the future right here: The first forum user to receive a ROS frame is: "LuckyCharm 4x4".

He won the name the niner contest a while back... And should be getting the first frame of the line!

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    I am not sure what the official cutoff for Super Clyde is these days but I'm 275 naked and over 300 in full gear and loaded Camelbak. i love my SIR9 which is setup as a SS and ordered my ROS9 in hot blue a few days ago. I wont be as early as "Mr. I got to name the ROS9" but I shouldn't be far behind him

and the best part is now my SIR9 can get some 29x37mm tires and be my MTB Road bike for lunches!

Thanks Niner for another awesome frame

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Probably Bad Idea Racing ....... Haha

Category Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by azcanc View Post
    Probably Bad Idea Racing ....... Haha
    Why?

Are you buying one and bringing it over to my house to build?
    WWW.TEAMDICKY.COM

I get paid 3 every time I post on MTBR.

mtbr member
    I am very interested in one, may visit my local dealer to see if they have one or what it would take to get one.

mtbr member

Just got my ROS 9!

Quote Originally Posted by beshannon View Post
    I am very interested in one, may visit my local dealer to see if they have one or what it would take to get one.
    After e-mailing back and forth with Niner and complaining about the proximity of a dealer to me (as well as avail inventory), the nearest dealer was able to steal the very last ROS 9 in Rally Blue Large that Niner had available from another dealer. I had to put a deposit down immediately, and a week later, picked her up (X01 build) two nights ago from Tryon Bike in Rochacha, NY. 2+ hours on the road but it was well worth it! Took the bike out last night, rides amazing! Can't wait to get on it again tonight.

Very impressed with this bike so far. Kudos to Niner.

my bike gained weight

This bike is so great

I've posted this on a couple of threads here now. But I finished mine up last week. Did ten miles yesterday on wet, leafy, rooty trails in Philadelphia, and 8 more today on the same but a little dryer. And dude this is a FUN FUN bike. Dialed geometry, and that short chainstay makes the whole thing just drill out of corners. I'm running it 1x10 and without the granny it feels like a SS at times, where I have to stand on climbs and go.

Highly, highly recommended.

Who's going to be the first one to get a ROS 9?-131008_ros9_006.jpg
    Who's going to be the first one to get a ROS 9?-131012_wissahickon-ros9_010.jpg

boomer
    Who's going to be the first one to get a ROS 9?-image.jpg1st ride today, I'd describe the ride as rowdy!
    Calvin

mtbr member
    Nice looking ride, what size is it?
    Niner WFO | Transition Double | Pivot Firebird

boomer
    Quote Originally Posted by level-4 View Post
    Nice looking ride, what size is it?
    It's an XL, it's my brothers that I was riding. I'm 6'1" and it's a bit long for me; I'll be shopping for a large soon.
    Calvin