mtbr member

where do you rock your ebb??

Where do you rock your ebb??

Last I had mine was about 4 o'clock if looking at the drive side or 8 o'clock from the non drive side.

Where should I position it to get the best bunny hopping ease....

4 Niners
    Dec 2008
    That would be the most popular position. What is your bike and setup?

mtbr member
    I am 6'2'' I had a medium SIR. I just sold it and the XL is on its way! I guess I will start witht eh same setup since teh chain and cog will be the same : )

4 Niners
    Dec 2008
    Actually, my bad: Most popular position would generally be 2-3 from the right side, but what is your setup?

4 Niners
    Dec 2008
    SS or geared?

mtbr member
    But SS of course... 32 16

4 Niners
    Dec 2008
    I have 2 Sir's, one SS and one Geared. The reason I asked, is that if you run geared due to the fact that the seat tube attaches to the BB at the extreme front some FD's such as the Shimano 770 that don't have a guide on the cam the cable will fall off the cam. I have to run the geared one at almost exactly 10"00 O'clock viewed from the right for it to work.

Running SS the general idea is usually to run from 12:00 O'clock to 2:00 viewed from the right. This gives the most ground clearance and moves everything forward to facilitate forward weight distribution on climbing. That said, if you are tall enough to need an XL then you might want the lower position you are using to lower the center of gravity due to your height. In your case, it is a trade-off between ground clearance and lower CG. If you generally don't run over logs, etc. then you have the right position.

You either ride flat stuff or you are the man. I am 56 and ride some fairly hilly stuff at 32-20. But I am a spinner anyway.

mtbr member
    When viewing from the right side what way does the bike face?? Front to the right or left?

Yeh it gets hilly out here, 32 20 is a little to easy for me these days.

4 Niners
    Dec 2008
    Well, unless the bike is upside down, when viewed from the right the front of the bike would be toward your right and the rear of the bike would be toward your left.

Viewed from the right means that you view the bike from the side that would be the right if you were riding it.

SyT
    mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I run mine as close to the chainstays as possible (level), and rotate down to tension. if I get to 7 0clock, I change the drivetrain.

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    I like low and back. My ONE currently has close to 17" chainstays and it's awesome.

JMH