mtbr member

what is the bare weight of your thru axle equipped jet9 RDO

Reason I ask is that I ended up with the latest rev (besides the carbon rocker). It is significantly heavier than my previous one. ~200 grams heavier not including the maxle.

My frame is size large and this is the weight of it totally bare with no headset bearings, bottom bracket, seat collar, or maxle installed.

2500 grams
    the maxle adds 72grams

Reason I ask is that I'm trying to decide if it is worth trying to get the carbon rocker to get the weight back down. I know the thru axle rear got heavier and was suppose to be offset by the carbon rocker, but I'm not going to bother if it will only save me a few grams.

TIA

Carbon & Ti rule
    Quote Originally Posted by brightsky View Post
    Reason I ask is that I ended up with the latest rev (besides the carbon rocker). It is significantly heavier than my previous one. ~200 grams heavier not including the maxle.

My frame is size large and this is the weight of it totally bare with no headset bearings, bottom bracket, seat collar, or maxle installed.

2500 grams
    the maxle adds 72grams

Reason I ask is that I'm trying to decide if it is worth trying to get the carbon rocker to get the weight back down. I know the thru axle rear got heavier and was suppose to be offset by the carbon rocker, but I'm not going to bother if it will only save me a few grams.

TIA
    Spend your money getting weight out of something else on the bike.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    I was told by our niner rep that the carbon links add stiffness but they are not a huge weight savings.
    Quote Originally Posted by meltingfeather View Post
    If I told you I saw a unicorn ****ing a leprechaun trail side, you'd probably be suspicious.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010

what is the bare weight of your thru axle equipped jet9 RDO-carbonrocker.jpg

mtbr member
    Thanks, that is exactly the info I needed. 20grams would not be worth the effort and I seriously doubt it adds any noticeable stiffness.

Overall I was surprised that the newer frame rev is a half pound heavier, but I can live with it if it is more durable.

mtbr member
    Last time I checked the carbon rockers were still not available. Are they now?