JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton

WFO spotted flying low over Jackson WY

A nine person junkshow is always a recipe for too much beer, not enough sleep and mid-day starts, but the riding was prime and everybody rode like champs. Chuky rode lots of stuff she never even looked at last year, and I enjoyed riding the WFO. Even though it takes some work to get that bad boy in the air it's smooth and fast as anything I have ridden. It does 20' scrubs like no other bike.

If you want to see pics of Err throwing down on kiddie wheels, Adam Riser shot way more photos and posted them on his blog here: http://livewithcommitment.blogspot.com/

JMH
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WFO spotted flying low over Jackson WY-screen-shot-2010-08-02-1.55.37-pm.jpg  

WFO spotted flying low over Jackson WY-screen-shot-2010-08-02-1.55.56-pm.jpg  

WFO spotted flying low over Jackson WY-screen-shot-2010-08-02-1.56.03-pm.jpg  

Last edited by JMH; 08-24-2010 at 07:38 PM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Yabadabadoo!!!! What wheelset and tires were you running with it and that dorado really fits the bill!

mtbr member
    man i love those wfo pics! keep them coming!

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton

Halo Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by cowpatchman6
    Yabadabadoo!!!! What wheelset and tires were you running with it and that dorado really fits the bill!
    The Halo Freedom rims laced to Hope Pro 2 hubs have been great for me at 175lbs. I have been running tubes and WTB Kodiak and Dissent tires depending on terrain.

JMH

mtbr member

Wow!

Great pics and great blog! Pretty balls-out stuff!

Underskilled
    The freedoms are very nice rims, especially taking into account the price.

Not as tough as my KH, but still nice.

Those are without a doubt the best WFO pictures online, I would sell them to Niner.
    Why would I care about 150g of bike weight, I just ate 400g of cookies while reading this?

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Been looking for those Freedoms for the longest time and no luck so far, so I'm living with my Gordo's and it's been good so far...I agree CaveGiant, those pics are sick!

@CaveGiant...with your wide profile KH's is it hard mounting tires? Currently I have a Kodiak up front and a nevegal rear and they're a pain to fit, the Nevegal is a nightmare!

Underskilled
    I pictured the Gordos being higher quality than the Freedoms, they certainly cost a ton!

I have used both KH rims, I really didn't like the XC.

In contrast the FR rim is the most impressive I have ever used.

I had no problems mounting a tyre on either.

The FR really spreads the tyre out, so you get the footprint of a much larger tyre from a thinner one (so you can either use a thinner tyre for the same grip and save weight, or just use a 2.55" and have fun)

Kris is a really nice guy too, not many celebrities answer e-mails. As they are unicycle gear there is no '29er fashion' huge premium. Gordo 26" 35, gordo 29" 80. Kris holm 20", 24" 29" all same price.

I find the KH the easiest rim to mount a tyre on, especially tubeless (I also found the XC great in this regard)
    Why would I care about 150g of bike weight, I just ate 400g of cookies while reading this?

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    I picked the Freedom because it seemed a nice "next step" at about 100g heavier than a Flow. I have to true the rear every once in a while, but I don't feel that I need more rim.

BTI (a parts distributor) carries Halo rims, just about every bike shop in the US should have an account and could order them for you. Whether they are in stock is a different story, I suppose.

JMH