Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 238
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: david8613's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,702

    were are all WFO 9s?

    were are all WFO 9s? I don't see anymore threads, pics or anything on this awesome bike...

  2. #2
    JMH
    JMH is offline
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    Reputation: JMH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,709
    maybe it's Bad Picture Season?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails were are all WFO 9s?-inthewild.jpg  

    were are all WFO 9s?-wookie.jpg  


  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    22
    I have one on order. 5 weeks out for the black one. Going to be a long 5 weeks.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: david8613's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,702
    nice!

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Nickbm3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    309
    If anyone isn't liking their small WFO, I'd happily trade a med RIP for it!
    "That's a niiiiiiiice biiike boy! That a Huffy!?"

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Big Bald Clyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    111
    Just finished my build tonight, can't wait to ride tomorrow after work.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails were are all WFO 9s?-niner1.jpg  

    were are all WFO 9s?-niner2.jpg  

    were are all WFO 9s?-niner3.jpg  


  7. #7
    Carbon & Ti rule
    Reputation: muzzanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,117
    Nice bikes, We do need to see more of them.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    188
    Ordered and waiting for medium black WFO.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pulpwoody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    356
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Bald Clyde View Post
    Just finished my build tonight, can't wait to ride tomorrow after work.
    do you live in the springs?

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: david8613's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,702
    Quote Originally Posted by muzzanic View Post
    Nice bikes, We do need to see more of them.
    this... more pics, feelin stoked seeing some new WFO builds...

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Big Bald Clyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by pulpwoody View Post
    do you live in the springs?
    Yep in CO Springs.
    Got my second ride in today at Palmer Park and I am loving this bike. A little mork work climbing but the downhill is so much more fun it makes it all worth it.

  12. #12
    JMH
    JMH is offline
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    Reputation: JMH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,709
    Ninerds on WFOs at Little Creek, UT.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails were are all WFO 9s?-erikwaterfallsm.jpg  

    were are all WFO 9s?-noahwaterfallsm.jpg  


  13. #13
    Underskilled
    Reputation: CaveGiant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    4,111
    nice
    Why would I care about 150g of bike weight, I just ate 400g of cookies while reading this?

  14. #14
    beater
    Reputation: evasive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    3,588
    I saw a RDO do that last Saturday.
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." - Dr. Peter Venkman

    Riding in Helena? Everything you need to know, right here.

  15. #15
    JMH
    JMH is offline
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    Reputation: JMH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,709
    Quote Originally Posted by evasive View Post
    I saw a RDO do that last Saturday.
    Yeah, 140mm travel is def. not necessary for that spot, it's nice and smooth. Just more fun on the big rig. Climbing back up would be easier on the RDO though!

    JMH

  16. #16
    beater
    Reputation: evasive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    3,588
    I wasn't downplaying the Waterfall, although I may have come across that way. The RDO was a pretty capable machine under a solid rider.
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." - Dr. Peter Venkman

    Riding in Helena? Everything you need to know, right here.

  17. #17
    JMH
    JMH is offline
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    Reputation: JMH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,709
    Quote Originally Posted by evasive View Post
    I wasn't downplaying the Waterfall, although I may have come across that way. The RDO was a pretty capable machine under a solid rider.
    Oh I know you weren't!

    It looks intimidating from above but it's not too technically demanding. On facebook there's a vid of one of the Niner employees riding it on her RDO too. I drag my WFO out there for the extra credit, but this last time I wished for my RIP more than once.


    JMH

  18. #18
    beater
    Reputation: evasive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    3,588
    No, it's pretty smooth. I went too slowly and dabbed in the crack, but the rollout wasn't bad at all. I'd have liked to run back up and do it clean, but there were 13 of us following Quentin around, and my brain was pretty broiled by then anyway. 90+ this early is a bit hot for the Montana crowd.
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." - Dr. Peter Venkman

    Riding in Helena? Everything you need to know, right here.

  19. #19
    JMH
    JMH is offline
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    Reputation: JMH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,709
    Quote Originally Posted by evasive View Post
    No, it's pretty smooth. I went too slowly and dabbed in the crack, but the rollout wasn't bad at all. I'd have liked to run back up and do it clean, but there were 13 of us following Quentin around, and my brain was pretty broiled by then anyway. 90+ this early is a bit hot for the Montana crowd.
    Feel free to give me a shout whenever you're down Utah Way. Be glad to show you around if I know the area, or just cruise some classics.

    JMH

  20. #20
    beater
    Reputation: evasive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    3,588
    Thanks- I'd like to do that.
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." - Dr. Peter Venkman

    Riding in Helena? Everything you need to know, right here.

  21. #21
    beater
    Reputation: evasive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    3,588
    JMH- is that you in the Niner/Kali ad in the new Bike magazine?
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." - Dr. Peter Venkman

    Riding in Helena? Everything you need to know, right here.

  22. #22
    KJL
    KJL is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    36
    I'd love to post photos of my new WFO, but this is only my third post. Love the bike, still have some second thoughts about waiting for the tallboy LT, but I think I can do more with the WFO in the long run. I Have some photos in my profile.

    XT components
    King hubs and headset
    Stans arch's
    easton haven stem
    easton carbon flat bar
    Fizik Tundra(I hate it, Im getting the wtb)
    reverb seat post
    maxle kit
    geax saguro XC tires
    deciding between conti's or schwalbe's for AM tires

  23. #23
    Chumley for prez!
    Reputation: mr. welcorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    450
    Quote Originally Posted by KJL View Post

    XT components
    King hubs and headset
    Stans arch's
    easton haven stem
    easton carbon flat bar
    Fizik Tundra(I hate it, Im getting the wtb)
    reverb seat post
    maxle kit
    geax saguro XC tires
    deciding between conti's or schwalbe's for AM tires
    Sounds like a rad bike! For AM tires there is only one choice...Stan's the crow.

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    300
    slight threadjack here -

    ive been kicking around the idea of getting a WFO, but i was very sad to see the elimination of the rc3 shock and 150 rear end options. any of those still kicking around anywhere? what shocks is everyone running on their 135 and 142s?
    11 Tracer 29 - coming soon
    11 SC Tallboy C
    11 SC Nomad C
    08 Surly Lht

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by KJL View Post
    I'd love to post photos of my new WFO, but this is only my third post. Love the bike, still have some second thoughts about waiting for the tallboy LT, but I think I can do more with the WFO in the long run. I Have some photos in my profile.

    XT components
    King hubs and headset
    Stans arch's
    easton haven stem
    easton carbon flat bar
    Fizik Tundra(I hate it, Im getting the wtb)
    reverb seat post
    maxle kit
    geax saguro XC tires
    deciding between conti's or schwalbe's for AM tires
    Nice bike! I saw your pics at skyline park. Love that place! I demoed a wfo there and it felt like the perfect bike for that place. So I ordered one. Still waiting for it though.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •