Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    mtbr member

were are all WFO 9s?

Quote Originally Posted by Niner Bikes View Post
    The best thing for you to do is to bring your frame to your closest Niner dealer, then the warranty process can begin.
    Thanks. It's actually a friend's bike who doesn't post here. You've probably heard from him already.
    '14 Lenz Lunchbox
    '08 Gary Fisher Ferrous 29

Niner's are the best!
    Apr 2012

My new WFO

Very excited to try this beast out in Pisgah.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails were are all WFO 9s?-cam00875.jpg  

were are all WFO 9s?-cam00876.jpg  

were are all WFO 9s?-cam00881.jpg  

were are all WFO 9s?-cam00880.jpg  

Big wheels are taken over the world!

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Where did you get the pike stickerset?

mtbr member
    Hey can anyone tell me if the hydro-formed Rip and hydro-formed Wfo use the same screws to mount the head tube badge? I just bought a used Wfo that is missing the head badge and tried to put mine on from my rip, but the screws don't tighten up. The holes are tiny, but as best as I can see the threads are not stripped.
    "That's a niiiiiiiice biiike boy! That a Huffy!?"

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Just give niner a call i am sure they van help hou out.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by JammerNinerBoxx View Post
    Very excited to try this beast out in Pisgah.
    Hi JammerNiner, any comments with the new Pike?? Improve the steering and the capacity of the bike over rough stuff?? I have the same model with the Cane Creek DBAir and Im considering putting the Pike 160mm but I dont know if its too much??

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by SantiagoGT View Post
    Hi JammerNiner, any comments with the new Pike?? Improve the steering and the capacity of the bike over rough stuff?? I have the same model with the Cane Creek DBAir and Im considering putting the Pike 160mm but I dont know if its too much??
    SantiagoGT: What fork are you currently running? If it is a fox 34, Avalanche makes a damper for them that will blow the pike out of the water. It is not cheap but cheaper than a new fork. It is basically a motocross fork internally and customized for your weight, terrain and riding style. My friend and I love ours and compliments the CCDB air very well. Just another lesser known upgrade out there.

-Nolan

Biking Like Crazy!
    Only thing with the Fox 34 29er fork is that it's still only going to have 140mm of travel, with or without the Avy treatment. I think a 160mm Pike would be sweet on a WFO!
    Niner RIP9
    Niner WFO 650B
    Knolly Chilcotin
    Knolly Podium

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by blcman View Post
    Only thing with the Fox 34 29er fork is that it's still only going to have 140mm of travel, with or without the Avy treatment. I think a 160mm Pike would be sweet on a WFO!
    Yes this is true if he has a 140mm fork already and wants to move up to a 160mm Pike. I had bumped up my fox from 140mm to 150mm last spring so I ended up with the Avy 150mm damper. The A-C on the 150mm fox is the same as a 160mm Pike, this has no value to this topic but I figured I would throw it out there lol.

-Nolan

Biking Like Crazy!
    Quote Originally Posted by nolan17 View Post
    Yes this is true if he has a 140mm fork already and wants to move up to a 160mm Pike. I had bumped up my fox from 140mm to 150mm last spring so I ended up with the Avy 150mm damper. The A-C on the 150mm fox is the same as a 160mm Pike, this has no value to this topic but I figured I would throw it out there lol.

-Nolan
    Nolan17, there must be enough bushing over lap in the Fox 34 140mm 29er to go to 150mm. Do you feel any bushing play rocking forward an backwards?
    I had read last year that some of these OEM forks were bumped up to 150mm.
    Niner RIP9
    Niner WFO 650B
    Knolly Chilcotin
    Knolly Podium

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    were are all WFO 9s?-wfo.jpgwere are all WFO 9s?-wfo1.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by nolan17 View Post
    SantiagoGT: What fork are you currently running? If it is a fox 34, Avalanche makes a damper for them that will blow the pike out of the water. It is not cheap but cheaper than a new fork. It is basically a motocross fork internally and customized for your weight, terrain and riding style. My friend and I love ours and compliments the CCDB air very well. Just another lesser known upgrade out there.

-Nolan
    I have the Talas 140mm, but is going to a Niner ROS. The adjustable travel is not working anymore, so Im planning to service the shock and eliminate the adjustable travel.

I usaually use the entire travel of the fork.

Here I leave you the link of one of the trails and the fork working.

Callahuanca 2 Video - Pinkbike

So my question is: do you feel any improve with the travel and it change to much the geometry?? What is your HA now??

Carbon & Ti rule
    You are not using that much travel that often, IMO more travel & less air would help a lot for more grip & better ride.

The thing is that people talk about fork travel & not sagged fork travel, Going from 140mm to 150mm with sag is only adding approx. 7mm to the travel when you are ridding it.

So yes it will slacken it a bit but not as much as you think & those bikes could do with being a bit slacker anyway.

The pike's seem to use more travel more often & still not bottom out, You can adjust the shock ramp up quite easy.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WFO.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	147.8 KB 
ID:	880095Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WFO1.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	149.1 KB 
ID:	880096

I have the Talas 140mm, but is going to a Niner ROS. The adjustable travel is not working anymore, so Im planning to service the shock and eliminate the adjustable travel.

I usaually use the entire travel of the fork.

Here I leave you the link of one of the trails and the fork working.

Callahuanca 2 Video - Pinkbike

So my question is: do you feel any improve with the travel and it change to much the geometry?? What is your HA now??

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by muzzanic View Post
    You are not using that much travel that often, IMO more travel & less air would help a lot for more grip & better ride.

The thing is that people talk about fork travel & not sagged fork travel, Going from 140mm to 150mm with sag is only adding approx. 7mm to the travel when you are ridding it.

So yes it will slacken it a bit but not as much as you think & those bikes could do with being a bit slacker anyway.

The pike's seem to use more travel more often & still not bottom out, You can adjust the shock ramp up quite easy.

Muzzanic, you are right with more travel & less air is good for grip, but if you increase your SAG it will improve your speed.

It depends on your riding style. The majority of trails here in Peru is medium pack to loose with many rocks. I have many pieces from my previous bike so thats why Im planning to buy the Pike and finish my Hardtail project with the ROS.

The majority of the reviews Ive read about the Pike said theres a major improvement in the small bump sensitivity besides the weight reduction.

Niner's are the best!
    Apr 2012
    Ok here's my experience with this fork. F-ing AWESOME. here's the deal you can take the Fox 34 make it into whatever you want it to be but it still won't be as stiff and light. I had a Fox 34 talas on my '12 Rip9 and that shitty rp23 with boost valve, I hated that bike. I thought to myself this can't be what it's like. so after a lot of thinking and talking to a lot of buddies I decided to get WFO which is even a heavier frame and more travel. knowing how the Rip9 felt I thought to myself I might be making a big mistake. so first of all the WFO I have has a monarch plus shock HUGH improvement. Then I had the choice send the Fox 34 to suspension experts and have them do the updates that the other fella is talking about on this thread or buy a brand new Pike from them, have them go through it and just be done. well by the pictures you know what my choice was and I have no regrets and that led me to believe that suspension really makes the bike all it can be because if I had this suspension and the RIP 9 I'm 100% certain I would have liked that bike also.
    Big wheels are taken over the world!

Biking Like Crazy!
    Hey JNB, glad you got a WFO with a Pike. Sound like a sweet ride. I also have a '12 Rip9 with the same suspension as you had. You are totally right about it not being all it could be..
    What I did to my Rip was send the RP23 to Push and put a '14 Talas 5 cartridge in the fork. That made a night and day difference in the Rip9. After all that though, I still bought a WFO. lol
    Niner RIP9
    Niner WFO 650B
    Knolly Chilcotin
    Knolly Podium

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Nolan17, there must be enough bushing over lap in the Fox 34 140mm 29er to go to 150mm. Do you feel any bushing play rocking forward an backwards?
    I had read last year that some of these OEM forks were bumped up to 150mm.
    The 2012 talas I had switched out the internals for the 2014 float 150mm in early 2013, this was before the Pike came out in the 160mm. If I knew the Pike was going to come out I would have waited for it because I really am not a huge fan of Fox. But since I bought the fork used for $400 and the 150mm Float internals were around $200, it still was a great deal considering what they cost new. I do not feel any bushing overlap because I did the mod the right way and not switching the pins out like some have done in the past.

I do like what Push/Suspension Experts (same company now) does in regards to upgrading current designs. My CCDB air I bought from Susp Experts and just had serviced for this year and Push rebuilt my rp23 which still works great 3 years later. That being said the Avalanche damper is a step above those in performance, it even outperforms my 2012 Dorado 29er on everything except where the extra 25mm of travel is needed. I hear the 2013 on, fox 34's creak a lot and I am glad that mine does not. But if one cannot afford a new Pike this is an upgrade that I would recommend to Fox 34 owners.

-Nolan

Biking Like Crazy!
    Good answer nolan17.
    I do know what you mean on the Avy treatment as I have a Avy'd Fox Float 36 and DHX Air on my Knolly.

Thanks
    Niner RIP9
    Niner WFO 650B
    Knolly Chilcotin
    Knolly Podium

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Good answer nolan17.
    I do know what you mean on the Avy treatment as I have a Avy'd Fox Float 36 and DHX Air on my Knolly.

Thanks
    Nice, that Knolly sounds sweet!

I would add that I am using the Enduro seals on the Fox 34 as well, these have a little tighter tolerarances than stock.

Guys enjoy your new WFO's and keep the pics coming, I would like to hear some in depth ride reports once you get some miles on them.

-Nolan

mtbr member
    Apr 2010

new to me WFO

Just put this WFO together. It's the cleanest used frame I have ever bought. I used parts off my RIP9 that I rode for about six months. Only one ride so far but it climbs really well and seems to be nice n soft going down. Pike 140, XT 1x10 with One Up's 40t rear, Maverick seat post, DT240 / WTB Frequency i23 Team rims, RS Monarch + shock. 50mm stem feels a little loopy, may try a 70. Not sure if I'll make some enduro races this year, but it ought to be fun on the trails.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails were are all WFO 9s?-dscn0499.jpg  

mtbr member
    May 2014

Re: were are all WFO 9s?

WFO9 reporting for duty from Singapore! fantastic ride

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Carbon & Ti rule
    Quote Originally Posted by khairul84 View Post
    WFO9 reporting for duty from Singapore! fantastic ride

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Very nice, I love it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014

Wfo in palo duro canyon texas

were are all WFO 9s?-1932264_653319748059909_1562988801_n.jpg

mtbr member

Re: were are all WFO 9s?

Quote Originally Posted by bnice00 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1932264_653319748059909_1562988801_n.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	139.6 KB 
ID:	898897
    great shot the bike and the scenery both look incredible

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    2013 Salsa Horsethief 3

mtbr member
    Took my old school WFO (12 x 150 rear) out for a ride with some new dual ply DHF 2.5 Minions...The new front tire kicked up dirt in my face for the first couple miles.

Been riding my Enduro 29 and Prime, it's been a long time since I was on my WFO.

I wanted to demo a new WFO but the demo inventory somewhere here in Southern California did not list any WFO's...what's up with that Niner Bikes?

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Built my WFO up over the winter and have been riding it hard since the snow melted. It's been such a fun bike! Went with the Fridge Green and to be honest, pictures don't capture how truly unique this color is. Really happy with this bike. It was hard getting any real world info on the WFO yet alone good pictures of the different setups, this has been a great thread for both. Keep it going fellas!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails were are all WFO 9s?-1.jpg  

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast