Thread: Warranty

mtbr member
    Jan 2009

Warranty

Hi there,

This is my first post on this forum and I first wanted to say hi to all of you

I'm a proud owner of a stunning air 9 carbon and also have a pair of old pre trek Klein's which I always used to ride but since my Niner they feel small and my Niner bar is 68 cm's and my Klein's are 53 cm...

The reason why I'm posting is that on my six month old Niner a crack appeared on the cable exit on the rear fork. I have notified my distributor three weeks ago and send the first mail to niner a 1,5 week ago. Since then I had no reply and as i hear nothing but fantastic stories about how quick Niner is with there costumer service i was wondering if my emails maybe don't get there ... or maybe I'm too impatient (as usual )

Seen something comparable on this forum before with the bike which had some sort of "expanding soil" in between his plug and cable exit but don't have that here in Holland
    It's not that my bike is falling apart but a crack is a crack and want to have it resolved.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Warranty-image.jpg  

i don't give a shift
    Hope you get it all sorted out. You're referring to my frame that cracked in the same place due to limescale deposits. Your crack is strange, indeed. Niner will probably want to have this inspected. While it's not falling apart yet, there's a good chance that the crack will grow with the risk of compromising the integrity of the chainstay.
    blogging at 29in.ch

mtbr member
    Have you tried to call Niner? Phone number here:

Our Story

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    I just got a reply from my distributor and the frame will be replaced under warranty which is good news but as apparqntly I had just the last batch of orange air 9 carbon niner's and not available anymore Niner hopefully they can sort something out with my fork as well as it as an RDO orange one. And everything else on my bike is color matched as well but worse things can happen but just a forthcoming with the fork would be welcome..
    Last edited by RenzoStorck; 05-07-2013 at 04:00 AM.