29ers Only.

Want to work for NIner?

Job Description

The Position: Operations Manager

General Summary

We are seeking an Operations Manager to report directly to the President and is responsible for Customer Service, Purchasing and Logistics. The ideal candidate has a strong background in business with management experience in manufacturing and distribution. The position requires strong business acumen and a proven ability to manage people and deadlines.

Key Responsibilities:
    • Ordering and tracking inventory levels of all sku’s.
    • Preparing management reports.
    • Ensure the company meets its financial objectives
    • Oversee operations, customer service, and information systems.
    • Source, develop and maintain relationships and negotiate with key vendors.
    • Recruit, hire, train, review and promote employees; development of incentive plans.
    • Help develop and implement IT Strategy to support company growth
    Knowledge/Skills Required:
    • Must be reliable, have a positive attitude, and be team oriented.
    • Passionate, proactive and visionary individual.
    • Strong oral and written communication.
    • Ability to provide creative solutions; persistent, timely follow through; and a high level of detail and accuracy to all projects.
    • Must be able to handle multiple projects and be able to set goals and priorities.
    • Strong people skills and results-oriented manager.
    • Computer Skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, and other major accounting software.
    To apply for position:
    • Submit cover letter as to why you are qualified for the position and background information about yourself
    • Submit current resume
    • Please include in detail: hobbies and outside activities away from work
    • Complete salary history of last 3 positions held
    • Please list all software platforms you are experienced with. Ie: Quickbooks, Netsuite, Microsoft Office, Photoshop etc.
    Compensation:

• Salary - depends on experience
    • Bonus schedule
    • Health Benifits
    Position Type: Full Time
    Willing to Travel: A few trade shows a year.
    Minimum Experience Required: 1-3 years

Contact Information
    Niner Bikes
    Saticoy Street
    North Hollywood, CA 91605

Contact Name: Chris Sugai
    Email: info@ninerbikes.com

Last edited by Niner Bikes; 06-18-2010 at 07:56 PM.

Passion. Commitment. 29ers only.

Follow all things Niner Bikes on Facebook!www.ninerbikes.com

Carbon & Ti rule
    When I saw this my first thought was don't try & find a hit man to get Lynx over the web that would be just nuts.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Interesting, Ops Mgr, but also responsible for IT and needs knowledge of accounting SW?

I guess reflects it being a small company. Typically Ops is separate from the other 2 in decent sized Mfg/Dist companies.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    as much as i like the niner guys.

this job description shows they have not much of an idea how an organization should look like. its more of a check list with existing deficiencies.

mtbr member
    Sounds like a great job and it would be awesome to work in an industry, and for a company, that would be a lot of fun. BUT, it is in California...........no thanks.

Dirty South Underdog
    I was hoping it'd be a job listing for "parts tester"
    Brickhouse Blog (most known unknown)

Just Riding Along- best internet radio show on Mountain Bike Radio

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea138
    I was hoping it'd be a job listing for "parts tester"

They have customers for that .

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

I will take it

I have a MBA and a winning personality Plus, I ride a Niner. Oh, I hate Southern California, so I would need to work out of the Columbia River Gorge. I will need six figures and I must admit I do spend some time on a 26er.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinone
    Sounds like a great job and it would be awesome to work in an industry, and for a company, that would be a lot of fun. BUT, it is in California...........no thanks.
    I did the same thing. I have been in management for a shipping company for 5 years, so it would be possible, then I saw the CA thing too... no thanks.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Interesting y'all are anti-California. What's the basis for that thinking? High costs? Something else?

Seriously, I'm curious. I'm born and raised in the Golden State and as screwed up as it is, I have no real intentions of ever leaving (hard to beat year-round riding, camping, and so on). Most people I know who started here and moved away wish they could come back but can't afford it.

What is it that keeps people away?

As for the job listing, I agree with the post that said it sounded like a list of deficiencies in the company. Ops Mgr is my area, but not with Finance and IT responsibilities!

T.W.O.

I'd work for them

Of course, I don't know squat about manufacturing and distribution, but they seem like a good company to work for. In just a short few years their name struck, and that's saying something. In addition I also ride 650b and 26er that may disqualify me.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cycleboy
    Interesting y'all are anti-California. What's the basis for that thinking? High costs? Something else?

Seriously, I'm curious. I'm born and raised in the Golden State and as screwed up as it is, I have no real intentions of ever leaving (hard to beat year-round riding, camping, and so on). Most people I know who started here and moved away wish they could come back but can't afford it.

As for the job listing, I agree with the post that said it sounded like a list of deficiencies in the company. Ops Mgr is my area, but not with Finance and IT responsibilities!

I can't speak for anyone else; one's preference for a place to live and raise a family are very personal. Please don't take offense at my personal reasons for not wanting to live in California.

Working as a management consultant in the distribution and logistics industry for the past 11 years I have had plenty of extended projects located in California. While it is a beautiful place geographically and I have met many great people, I could never live in your state.

The state's progressive politics are too anti-liberty and they have managed to destroy California's economy. My belief system is one in which I believe in self-sufficiency and small government. I wish to raise my son in an environment that respects the individual, promotes ethical decision making, and encourages high morals. I know there are a lot of great people in California but for a place to raise my family, California doesn't make the grade.

Now if I can only figure out how to stop the Californication of Colorado.........

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by cycleboy

For me, I think I could happily live in Northern Cal, if I were paid enough to cover the high cost of living. Southern Ca is just too populated, too hot, and too expensive. Not to mention the politics as stated above, though I could get past that for the right price, the heat and the overpopulation, I couldn't get paid enough to deal with.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Spinone, no offense taken whatsoever. I know full well some people can't stand this state and I definitely recognize it has some serious issues, particularly at the moment w/ the state of the economy. Politically, sometimes this state is in its own realm, ideologically different from anywhere else in the nation.

To each his/her own. It's good that not everyone wants to live here, or we'd be even more crowded!

Oh yeah, and I know quite a few who have gone from here to Colorado! Sorry, but the Californication of your state seems to be unstoppable, just as in Wash and Oregon.