mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Stealth dropper on a RIP 9 RDO?

Anyone used this setup? Is it possible? I have a KS integra and like the clean lines, thinking of buying he frame just wondering if I can use this post. Thanks.

mtbr member
    I use a 100mm Lev and it is awesome. I would have preferred the 125 (which is what i used on another bike) but niner said that there are min. insertion issues with the 125.

As far as using an integra, i don't know how feasible internal routing would be, there doesnt appear to be a location in the headtube for the cable to exit out of. However there are external routing tabs.

I hope that helps!

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I'm looking to get a KS Lev dropper and for reasons of $$$ I need to use my Amazon credits. They only have the 30.9 available in the 435/150 or 335/100.

I have a size large Rip 9 RDO - and Niner reccomends seat tubes with 375 mm length.

Can anyone comment if th 435 or 335 will work?

Or should I just wait till the 385 is back in stock?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by damdegraff View Post

I have a size large Rip 9 RDO - and Niner reccomends seat tubes with 375 mm length.
    Can anyone comment if th 435 or 335 will work?
    Or should I just wait till the 385 is back in stock?

Thanks!
    Honestly the best way to get the answer to this question is to talk to your LBS. Mine called Niner to get their recommendation before ordering.
    With that said, you can figure it out on your own. I wish I could help but I have a medium frame, different inseam etc.

Measure the length of the maximum seat tube insertion on your bike. The measurement will start at the lip under the locking collar and extend to the top of the Y junction above the pivot.
    It probably wouldnt hurt to verify the minimum insertion as well.
    Make sure the seat on your bike is at the highest you would ever want it to be, then measure the distance from the top of the clamp to the rails.
    Set your seat to the lowest you want it to be & measure
    This will give you your preferred travel distance

The height from the rails to the clamp is 55mm (about 2 14") on all of the posts

Here is the info on the Levs:

The 350mm total length / 100mm travel has a minimum insertion of 110mm, maximum is 176mm

The 385mm total length / 125mm travel has a minimum insertion of 120mm, maximum is 200mm

The 435mm total length / 150mm travel has a minimum insertion of 120mm, maximum is 226mm

Let me know if you have any questions