mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Starting to spec out a Rip 9 build and I have a few questions?

1) I have heard that the bike shines with a 120-140mm fork. I want a thru axle style. What would you suggest?
    2) I have read about some chain suck issues when running a big ring. I would like to run an XT outboard crank with a bash. However, I would rather run a 34 middle ring; any suggestions; will that ring work as far as chainline is concerned with a 11-34 cass?
    Thanks
    B

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucid
    1) I have heard that the bike shines with a 120-140mm fork. I want a thru axle style. What would you suggest?
    2) I have read about some chain suck issues when running a big ring. I would like to run an XT outboard crank with a bash. However, I would rather run a 34 middle ring; any suggestions; will that ring work as far as chainline is concerned with a 11-34 cass?
    Thanks
    B
    I haven't heard reports of chainsuck when using a 2 ring and Bash setup. I never have had a problem swapping between 32 and 36T rings and I have a Gravity Lite with Gamut bash setup. Chainline is Chainline, it will work great with your 11-34T cassette.

If you want a 140mm fork you have two options: Marz 44 or Reba Team (just arriving in country now). Most seem lukewarm on the Marzocchi, so I suggest you go with the Reba.

code: mtbr2011
    i built mine with a reba 120mm team dual air tapered steerer with 20mm maxle thru axle.
    seems like a pretty nice fork to me.
    i don't think i could have waited for the 140mm to show up....and i'll bet you can pick the 120mm fork on a deal now.

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    Quote Originally Posted by cracksandracks.com
    and i'll bet you can pick the 120mm fork on a deal now.
    Like mine in the classifieds?

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    hi guys, does anyone have u-turn on the fork?
    I will get a Reba and im between u-turn and dual air.
    Last edited by traveller23; 08-12-2010 at 09:51 AM.

COMBO - President
    I have my RIP with 2 rings and a bash, never had chainsuck. I have the 120mm fork XX Reba with taper., 20mm through axle.